3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, that isn't what Deanzor was saying is the issue.

The issue is:
  • You download 1.02.
  • You play it, let's say you do the Frost Moon event and get a North Pole weapon.
  • For whatever reason, you delete the 1.02 update to revert to an older version
  • When you boot up a version <1.02, the North Pole doesn't exist in the code.
  • Game doesn't know how to handle that, so its either crash or invalidate the save.
FWIW, PC is the same way....you cannot save on a newer version and then go backwards and have it work. NOA wanted more protections to make that very clear to players for that then NOE did, it appears. It has nothing to do with crashes or lost saves or lost items.

Last edited:

The issue is:
  • You download 1.02.
  • You play it, let's say you do the Frost Moon event and get a North Pole weapon.
  • Game doesn't know how to handle that, so its either crash or invalidate the save.
FWIW, PC is the same way....you cannot save on an earlier version and then go backwards and have it work. NOA wanted more protections to make that very clear to players for that then NOE did, it appears. It has nothing to do with crashes or lost saves or lost items.
Ah, my apologies. I misinterpreted it completely.

Ah, my apologies. I misinterpreted it completely.

No worries. I actually do like the idea of a Creative Mode as well....but that is something for down the road, potentially. Will have to see what the team comes up with for future updates.

No worries. I actually do like the idea of a Creative Mode as well....but that is something for down the road, potentially. Will have to see what the team comes up with for future updates.
I really like how active you guys are in releasing information about updates, bugs, and various other things in the community. Keep up the good work! Best of luck with the NOA 1.02 update! :)

Since 1.0.2 the Tsunami bow is glitched, if selected on hotbar, then moving directly to a melee or magic weapon, it will display that weapon as having lowered or heightened stats, when moving to any other item and back to the melee or magic weapon, it's stats revert to normal.

Vampire knives life steal animation are now very slow moving orbs that can't keep up with player movement, they will also come in from the far left of the screen, sometimes taking up to 20 seconds to appear on the screen

Spectre set healing set also shares same problem, healing orbs fly in randomly from the left with a massive delay, I also notice all my magic items use -1 to -200 mana, the first 20+ casts cost no mana, then my mana bar depletes

Magnet spheres projectile attack also now very slow, and very often misses targets, seems to share same issue as the vampire knives and spectre robes healing orbs..

Also, in the dungeon I found a chest near a door, I was unable to run through the door because the chest constantly had 'A' above it, had to click onto door with cursor or mine it to get through

Caster AI still broken, not sure if this was tested? they still teleport on first hit received

Goldfish are no longer worth anything to vendors and no longer auto stack in the inventory, also can no longer be eaten for 20hp

Having master ninja gear equipped requires double pressing left or right to dodge, however with a webslinger in the inventory, you can jump left or right along with 'A' and you will dodge and grapple simultaneously. Does not worth without a grappling hook.

Holy arrows summon no falling stars, although they explode on impact with the same animation, no stars fall from the sky

Cant reforge the majority of items from Duke Fishron

My game also crashes way more frequently since the update, but not predictably after the usual 1 minute on offending worlds, now it will crash at a truly random point

if you update to 1.0.2 I hope you don't make too much use of end game items and save after every small bit of progress (least it doesn't take a minute to save any more)

I've gotten the mushroom biome music to play, actually. You just need to make the biome rather large. Like, try spraying dark blue solution over a decent-sized area of surface jungle. The background's super dark, though. Like, so dark that i cant see the mushrooms. Not sure if thats intentional though.
niceme.me
[doublepost=1463607992,1463607610][/doublepost]
I only remember finding it near hell but on multiple occasions.

I have around 1200 blocks free on a 4gb card so not sure if that helps. The lag tends to be on mini and mega Shark, shotgun. Also with chlorophyte bullets, arrows, crystal bullets. And normally against bosses like the twins and the destroyer, eater of worlds but not queen bee, eye of cthtulu or brain. Also had it with light discs in 1-5 stacks, chlorophyte spear (can't recall name) and that's all I can think of.[/QUOT
I only remember finding it near hell but on multiple occasions.

So the update is delayed and might not be wednesday,my dev dude?-_-

The issue is:
  • You download 1.02.
FWIW, PC is the same way....you cannot save on a newer version and then go backwards and have it work. NOA wanted more protections to make that very clear to players for that then NOE did, it appears. It has nothing to do with crashes or lost saves or lost items.
in fact,who downgrades saves?

Maybe someone finds multiplayer more stable on an older version, so they would downgrade to an earlier version for a more stable multiplayer.

Exactly... This is the only reason I can realistically think anyone might want to roll back.

I think you guys should honestly consider NOT updating your game - and to you official guys Loki and Deanzor... I think you should consider making people aware that updating their game will ruin their multiplayer experience.

I appreciate Deanzor is acknowledging the fact that the new update breaks multiplayer (even more than it already was) - but I feel there's not enough (nothing) being done to warn people that this update! It completely screws the game up.

Why don't you just postpone the update until you have an update that works? ...

Reactions: bup
I would say it's a safe assumption that if they knew of it, they would have.

I would have to defer to 505 on a status update on things - though it seems Deanzor already confirmed there to be an issue. The question then is how soon can said issue be fixed. I would go on to surmise that he is awaiting word there. Players are free to decide in the interim what they want to do about updating or not knowing there is a "confirmed issue" with MP. Caveat emptor.

The real question to me on top of that then becomes what about NOA. Personally, I would rather they intercept it before release and fix both at once, even if that means a delay on NOA.

So we wait and see for a status update - hopefully tomorrow? Not sure what else you want me to say - the pre-1.02 MP experience has had no issues for me or my two kids (both 2 player and 3 player) outside of some occasional fps chug on my old 3DS. As I am not QA, I can only go by what my eyes can see...and trust me, I've trained both of the kids to be good testers and to tell me when things are amiss - and then I send them up just like I do all of the concerns I encounter here. I have not found MP "broken" at all - outside of making sure everyone saves and exits in proper order (which I admit is a pain, but as we care about our saves, it's worth it). There is a massive gulf between flawless and broken.

Again that is only my personal experience (and we are only now getting into HM - so maybe the breaking will happen later?). As I still haven't played 1.02, I have no way of catching issues with said update myself.

You are free to discern whatever you want from that in regards to intent or results and how to react accordingly. I intend to continue on striving to get things where they need to be regardless. :)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I will update the original post, but my advice after investigation is that if you play a lot of multiplayer then please do not update to version 1.02 yet.

Single player gamers absolutely should update, but the multiplayer experience is compromised in 1.02 as others in this thread have reported. We will have updated patches in with Nintendo on Monday, and as such I predict 1.02 for NOA will be live in three weeks. There is no way to shortcut this, and I'm incredibly sorry that this somehow slipped through the net. A 1.03 NOE patch will follow shortly after the NOE once, if previous submission times are anything to go by.

To be clear:
Single player NOE: fine to update to 1.02 now.
Multiplayer NOE: please wait for the new patch.
NOA players: expect your 1.02 patch in three weeks.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I will update the original post, but my advice after investigation is that if you play a lot of multiplayer then please do not update to version 1.02 yet.

Single player gamers absolutely should update, but the multiplayer experience is compromised in 1.02 as others in this thread have reported. We will have updated patches in with Nintendo on Monday, and as such I predict 1.02 for NOA will be live in three weeks. There is no way to shortcut this, and I'm incredibly sorry that this somehow slipped through the net. A 1.03 NOE patch will follow shortly after the NOE once, if previous submission times are anything to go by.

To be clear:
Single player NOE: fine to update to 1.02 now.
Multiplayer NOE: please wait for the new patch.
NOA players: expect your 1.02 patch in three weeks.
three weeks????????

Pretty sure that has to do with submission times at NOA. There is literally nothing that anyone can do about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom