3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've agreed with NOA that the US version can increment from 1.01 to 1.03 to avoid this confusion. When the updates arrive - likely first on NOA - everyone gets the same stuff.

@Ronobono I hear what you're saying, and on these forums you guys could take an informed decision to take the 1.02 update and not worry about multiplayer for a while. But what about the less informed player? The Terraria player base spreads far and wide beyond these boards. If they get an update that damages part of their experience, it's harder for us to reach out to them and explain the situation. If there was a way to let the hardcore download a 'beta' version of the update, we'd absolutely let you. But the platform doesn't permit it, and it's obviously terrible practice for us to send out an update that we know has issues.

Don't get me wrong: every game has bugs. With every update for every game, the developers are fixing a lot of stuff but they're never fixing everything. Some stuff isn't damaging to the experience so goes down the priority list. With Terraria, there are a heck of a lot of moving parts. There is SO MUCH stuff to test. So many variables. So when people post on here and say 'hey, I got a drop in a place I wouldn't have got it on PC' I understand how that can happen. Our players will test more combinations of variables in a week than our test team can manage in a month just because of the sheer weight of numbers. No bug is ever 'okay', but stuff like that is understandable so long as it doesn't break anything fatally.

This multiplayer issue is a completely different beast, however. There is NO EXCUSE for us to have missed that. It breaks something fundamentally and quickly, and we at 505 Games should not have allowed that to happen. I'm embarrassed about it, and sorry to have let the community down. The delays involved aren't huge, but I appreciate 100% that even a one day delay feels like forever for something you're invested in like this game. We've made changes to our process to ensure it won't be repeated, but I appreciate that is scant consolation. It's infuriating for me personally too: we worked so hard to make a 3DS version that we were told was impossible not only possible, but great to play. So stuff like this is a kick in the teeth.

But it's fixed now, just a shame the lead time on getting it to you is so long.

Yeh i get what your saying. I didnt think about how hard it would be to inform the people not following the forum. Sorry i didnt mean to sound pushy or anything. You guys are doing a great job and the game is great so far on 3DS. I own it on Pc and 360 but love that take it with me on the go with good controls. Thanks for the reply.

Yeh i get what your saying. I didnt think about how hard it would be to inform the people not following the forum. Sorry i didnt mean to sound pushy or anything. You guys are doing a great job and the game is great so far on 3DS. I own it on Pc and 360 but love that take it with me on the go with good controls. Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, people not following the forums probably need to be aware of the update statuses.

Is there any way to get with Nintendo and maybe get patch info on the 3DS Notifications list?

Recently I've decided to start a Mage play through. I'm trying to do skeletron except every, and I mean EVERY ten minutes the thing crashes. I can hardly make any progress, if any and this is staring to really annoy me. Not sure if the update in June, Im USA, fixes this or not but just thought I would put it out there.

Every time New news is posted I post it on the Miiverse on the 3ds, I'm trying my best to inform everyone else. I have a decent following on there so I try my best to relay information on there.

Yeah, people not following the forums probably need to be aware of the update statuses.

Is there any way to get with Nintendo and maybe get patch info on the 3DS Notifications list?
They [Nintendo] rarely use that feature for their games, let alone for IPs. Although, there is a Terraria community on Miiverse as mentioned here. Perhaps we could get one of the heads who are posting about the stuff here to share some stuff on that community page too.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this patch will include shaping the bottom sides of blocks diagonally? I searched some of this thread for that, but gave up.

I hope the 1.0.2 update for NOA releases in June 1 because school starts at that month and I hope to &@&#&&$ that I'm able to play it as my schooldays for 2016-2017 is close.

Does anyone know if this patch will include shaping the bottom sides of blocks diagonally? I searched some of this thread for that, but gave up.

Yeah, they're there, but in my experience their graphics are kinda messy, when using walls it doesn't fit very well... it doesn't look very good. Still good that it's there.

Yeah, they're there, but in my experience their graphics are kinda messy, when using walls it doesn't fit very well... it doesn't look very good. Still good that it's there.
In my experience, walls don't fit behind sloped blocks quite right in any version of Terraria. Unless they're messing up in a different way here. What does it look like?

Hi all. I asked a similar question on another thread but still not sure of the answer. Anyway is there any color rarity for items on 3ds? When i pick up items on the normal view i will see a color for certain items(like blue for a magic mirror) but in my inventory all of my items show in white text (every single item). On every other version of terraria including mobile items show colors on there text (green,blue,etc.) So is this a bug on my game or just how it is on 3ds? Please tell me this is not the way it is on here lol. This is one of my favorite things about terraria and having all the items in my inventory all have plain white text is not nearly as cool as the rarity colors. If this is not a bug and is normal please consider adding this in please!

Great. Those blocks are essential for some hoik setups. Messy graphics aren't that important.

I wish there was a way to dye your stuff in the 3DS version. I'd make my Darth Vader cosplay.

Wish there were as well. We even tried some alternatives within our team that would work within the hardware limitations - sadly, those were worse than just not having them. :(

Reactions: bup
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom