3DS 3DS Rod Of Discord Help Needed

TerrariaOn3DS

Plantera
I'm trying to get the R.O.D on my 3ds, but i'm having trouble. Basically, I've played 3ds edition for over a year and have an endgame character, I want a rod of discord but I have never seen a single chaos or even spectral elemental in all of my playtime. I've looked on these forums and on the wiki and concluded that I should be able to get the rod, but I have still never found a single chaos elemental, my brother swears that he saw one and killed it but got nothing, I don't think that he was lying. I don't know if its glitched or just a really low spawn rate, but I do have a farm in the making and could use tips or answers to my questions.

Yes my farm that I am setting up is in underground hallow, Also them only spawning while you are moving is only on the pc and mobile 1.4.1. Yea I did my research also drop rate is reeeaaalllyyy low.

Alright, since 3DS is basically 1.2 mobile, i know what happened, you gotta make an absolutely (takes breath)
M A S S I V E
hole in the underground hallow, then you place 2 rows of blocks, the above one must be pearlstone and the below one must be crimtane/ebonstone, and place this in the middle of the area, if the cavern music plays, you did it right and now elementals will spawn, if this isn't clear, search "how to get rod of discord on 1.2 mobile" and a bunch of videos will pop up, i hope i helped.

Yes my farm that I am setting up is in underground hallow, Also them only spawning while you are moving is only on the pc and mobile 1.4.1. Yea I did my research also drop rate is reeeaaalllyyy low.
No the moving is still 1.2 too, that is wrong, or else I wouldn’t be getting enchanted swords and chaos elementals on 1.3 console, just saying I am not wrong, I am a terraria mobile 1.2 player, and have played 3ds and this is true

Alright, since 3DS is basically 1.2 mobile, i know what happened, you gotta make an absolutely (takes breath)
M A S S I V E
hole in the underground hallow, then you place 2 rows of blocks, the above one must be pearlstone and the below one must be crimtane/ebonstone, and place this in the middle of the area, if the cavern music plays, you did it right and now elementals will spawn, if this isn't clear, search "how to get rod of discord on 1.2 mobile" and a bunch of videos will pop up, i hope i helped.

Huge hole, rows of blocks one being pearlstone and other being ebonstone/crimtane. why ebon/crimtane row? what is the purpose?

holy crud, SiberiaCraftYT, i thought about what you said and messed around with crimstone blocks, and holy moly i got some elementals to spawn. Haven't gotten ROD yet but will tell when gotten it.

holy crud, SiberiaCraftYT, i thought about what you said and messed around with crimstone blocks, and holy moly i got some elementals to spawn. Haven't gotten ROD yet but will tell when gotten it.
Nice, just do keep in mind it may take from 3 seconds to 3 years.

Huge hole, rows of blocks one being pearlstone and other being ebonstone/crimtane. why ebon/crimtane row? what is the purpose?
i don't know why they made it so that you need ebonstone or crimstone to get them to spawn though.

I'm trying to get the R.O.D on my 3ds, but i'm having trouble. Basically, I've played 3ds edition for over a year and have an endgame character, I want a rod of discord but I have never seen a single chaos or even spectral elemental in all of my playtime. I've looked on these forums and on the wiki and concluded that I should be able to get the rod, but I have still never found a single chaos elemental, my brother swears that he saw one and killed it but got nothing, I don't think that he was lying. I don't know if its glitched or just a really low spawn rate, but I do have a farm in the making and could use tips or answers to my questions.
I play Terraria 3DS Japanese Version(which has no beetle armor...why Nintendo), and I thought there were no rods of discord or even chaos elementals.. but here's what happened. I went to the jungle which I converted to the Hallow using the clentaminator, looking for moonglow. Surprise, surprise, my first ever chaos elemental spawned. No water candles, no nothing. And on first try... It dropped rod of discord. So, if the Japanese Version has rod of discord, I'm certain there is rod of discord on English 3DS. I was definitely very lucky, I had never seen a chaos elemental before even once...

Last edited:
I play Terraria 3DS Japanese Version(which has no beetle armor...why Nintendo), and I thought there were no rods of discord or even chaos elementals.. but here's what happened. I went to the jungle which I converted to the Hallow using the clentaminator, looking for moonglow. Surprise, surprise, my first ever chaos elemental spawned. No water candles, no nothing. And on first try... It dropped rod of discord. So, if the Japanese Version has rod of discord, I'm certain there is rod of discord on English 3DS. I was definitely very lucky, I had never seen a chaos elemental before even once...
It is on the version of 3DS but it’s just even hard to get chaos elementals to spawn in general.

Here's the rod, sorry for bad quality, also the spot where I found the elemental. Bad quality, but you should be able to see the temple on the bottom, the mushroom biome on the left, and the Hallow in the middle. Red circle is where it teleported. I killed it there.

Attachments

• DSC_2035.JPG
    DSC_2035.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 73
  • Rod.png
    Rod.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Have you ever seen anymore chaos elementals? I mean I can never get any to spawn and when I’d not want them or aren’t paying attention boom they spawn and I don’t kill them..

Could you go into more detail about how you converted the jungle into a hallowed biome? How did you acquire a hallowed solution? How far down (Eyeball it) were you?

Back
Top Bottom