3DS 3DS Update 1.04

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. I recently updated terraria on my 3ds to 1.04. the update had everything new except for the advanced world setting. I now have beetle husks and all the other bug changes but I can't seem to find where the advanced world option is. Does anyone have any suggestions?
This option is only available on the New 3DS (N3DS) models, because they have more RAM. Is that the model you have?

Regular 3DS and 2DS models won't have the expanded world option.

eta: ninja'd

would it be possible that they could be adding advanced world option to normal 3ds players in a future update?
I don't believe so. The 3ds just wouldn't be able to handle it with the amount of ram it has. Too many items, blocks and many other things to keep up with at once. The 3ds is at it's limit as it is. We can possibly add more items and features in the future, but expanded worlds will never be available, it would cause too many issues (and many many crashes and slowdowns)

so if I transfered my sd card to a new 3ds I would be able to get the rest of the update?
Getting a New3ds will give you access to the expanded worlds, yes. Use the in built Data Transfer to move your NNID account and other data from the old 3ds to the New3ds. This process could take a while. The SD card is different in the New3ds as well, it takes Micro SD cards instead of the standard size. I recommend that you do some research on the internet on how to transfer your data across the two 3ds' safely and correctly. It's not as simple as "moving the SD card".

You also gain the benefit of having a higher Framerate as well as the bigger worlds. The game runs a lot smoother.

Too bad I STILL haven't had any time to play on 1.04. Normally I would've been posting bug finds left and right by now. At least I know what to expect when I get to that point.

Then again, seeing as spawn rates are way up compared to usual, I can farm needed drops much easier.

Is there any possibility we can have the optic staff (or other summoning weapons) in the 3ds version in future updates? As a Summoner I would like to have the optic staff while playing against the hardmode bosses
Also I'm loving the updates so far, it gives me a reason to get back into the game, especially the expanded worlds (it makes finding ice chests and skeleton snipers a lot easier)

Just wanted to say, after a fairly long play session today...

Thanks for fixing the fire imps. They were beyond annoying. And... thanks for doing whatever it was that you did. The game is a LOT more stable now. I'm actually able to play the game on multiplayer for more than 20 minutes at a time without a crash. This is really amazing. You've given me faith that Online is actually possible on this version with a future update.

There's still an issue with trees and general sync where both players have to periodically keep leaving and re-joining, but that's completely fine by me so long as the game's playable, which until now, I would say it hasn't been.

One thing I noticed today... When a host presses the HOME button during multiplayer, the game closes and the second player is booted. Usually in 3DS games, when a host presses that button, there appears a 'No HOME' icon on the bottom screen.

There was more but I don't have enough time to explain... But I just wanted to say thanks. I would love to have some more in depth patch notes for 1.04 to know what was wrong with the game?

:)

What do you devs think about introducing a few items and combinations like watches and the Multicolor Wrench? (EDIT: Tackle Box, perhaps?)
There was more but I don't have enough time to explain... But I just wanted to say thanks. I would love to have some more in depth patch notes for 1.04 to know what was wrong with the game? :)

I agree with this. I notice there's a lot more we could do than before (like goldfish being stackable now and catching all sorts of fish instead of the common bass bass bass bass... So many bass. >.<) It would be a real treat to know what exactly has been changed in-depth.

Last edited:
my only request for now is that we get the rest of the music PC 1.3 has, including the ocean and space music if that's possible.

it would be so much better and I don't think it would be too hard to implement since they did it with a few tracks. thanks in advance!

:passionate:

my only request for now is that we get the rest of the music PC 1.3 has, including the ocean and space music if that's possible.

it would be so much better and I don't think it would be too hard to implement since they did it with a few tracks. thanks in advance!

:passionate:

The PC ocean and space music was not introduced in 1.3. It was the music PC used when console came because console had ocean and space music but not PC, so they added a different space and ocean theme for it.

The PC ocean and space music was not introduced in 1.3. It was the music PC used when console came because console had ocean and space music but not PC, so they added a different space and ocean theme for it.

ohhh I didn't know that. but I do like the PC music better and it would make the 3DS version more like it.

I personally like the console ocean biome music better. the PC version's makes me fall asleep

aw that's understandable, we all have different tastes.
maybe it would be kinda cool if they had an option to choose between old 1.2 console and full PC 1.3, then everyone would be happy

Just curious, what is all the new 1.3 music? ( Got a new n3ds and so had to restart with a new character)

i was kinda joyful for the expanded worlds but when i changed my new 3ds time to christmas i was a tad bit dissappointed they havent added the "present" items in them like dog wistle and candy cane sword / pickaxe http://terraria.wiki.gg/Present edit or i might just have gotten unlucky and not gotten any yet

i was kinda joyful for the expanded worlds but when i changed my new 3ds time to christmas i was a tad bit dissappointed they havent added the "present" items in them like dog wistle and candy cane sword / pickaxe http://terraria.wiki.gg/Present
We didn't have those items last year either, because they are 1.2.2 items while this version of the game is 1.2. Only a select few items and features from 1.2.2 and onwards can be put into the 3ds game. There is very limited space left and they only add items that the audience wants most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom