3DS 3DS Update 1.04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you suppose perhaps it would be possible to implement the travelling merchant as he was introduced from 1.2.3? Granted this version of the game uses 1.2 as a base and we're getting close to the breaking point for O3DS but I wonder if we'd be able to squeeze that in.

Do you suppose perhaps it would be possible to implement the travelling merchant as he was introduced from 1.2.3? Granted this version of the game uses 1.2 as a base and we're getting close to the breaking point for O3DS but I wonder if we'd be able to squeeze that in.
He has quite a bit of items though, so it might not happen.

I do like that you guys increased the spawnrate for the goblin army and the pirate evasion, but some spawnrates for some monsters are way too high. It was super frustrating to build a bridge in the underworld when a load of mods just spawned and attacked me everywhere.

I do like that you guys increased the spawnrate for the goblin army and the pirate evasion, but some spawnrates for some monsters are way too high. It was super frustrating to build a bridge in the underworld when a load of mods just spawned and attacked me everywhere.
It is quite bothersome. Glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with this. You're exploring then suddenly BOOM @Loki spawns and attacks everywhere. :naughty:

I'm sure they could lob a few things in but not the whole update. However considering there'd be no way to implement most of 1.3 it'd be narrowed down to only a few. Personally I think the S.D.M.G dropping from Ocram or a weapon based off of him would suffice. However I'm still happy we at least got ability to use items while on minecarts, music from 1.3 and a few other small 1.3 changes.

Know when to cut your losses. We may get a few more things but 3DS 1.3 as a whole won't happen. Personally I'd just be content with a few select items, maybe some desktop only NPCs or the travelling merchant, Horned God set and perhaps the NPCs being able to fight back like they can now. (It's so annoying when they just helplessly die. >.<)

Speaking of NPCs, was the Stylist ever put in this port? I've heard yes but no matter how many times I look in my discovered spider nests I never seem to find her.

Last edited:
was the Stylist ever put in this port?
Stylist is not in this port. She came in the same update as the Travelling Merchant, and if I'm not mistaken, that was 1.2.4.

On the topic of 1.3 for 3DS, it has been confirmed that the o3DS has reached its maximum capacity for content in this port, so no more massive content additions will come around for it anymore. The N3DS has a lot more potential for content, and the Larger Worlds update was testing the waters for N3DS-exclusive content.

We will (most likely) be seeing more exclusives for the N3DS in the future, which may or may not include 1.3 content. That's speculation.

Stylist is not in this port. She came in the same update as the Travelling Merchant, and if I'm not mistaken, that was 1.2.4.

On the topic of 1.3 for 3DS, it has been confirmed that the o3DS has reached its maximum capacity for content in this port, so no more massive content additions will come around for it anymore. The N3DS has a lot more potential for content, and the Larger Worlds update was testing the waters for N3DS-exclusive content.

We will (most likely) be seeing more exclusives for the N3DS in the future, which may or may not include 1.3 content. That's speculation.

Wouldn't that horribly break the gap between O3DS and N3DS users though? The Expanded World feature gets a free pass since there's no way for the O3DS players to even interact with said worlds anyway, but any other exclusive in-world content would play hell on the multiplayer. Best case scenario they would have to make exclusive items unusable when an O3DS user is present in a multiplayer session but also appear as some sort of mystery item so they fill up the used space in inventory and chests.

And thank you. It would've saved me a lot of headache if the wiki page specified that the Stylist wasn't in the 3DS port. Heck, it even mentions the 3DS port but only in regards to the lack of dyes to the Stylist's catalogue. Then again, this port is 1.2 + some select 1.2.4 & 1.3 content...

Wouldn't that horribly break the gap between O3DS and N3DS users though?
It would, to some degree, which would persuade o3DS users to transfer to N3DS. I'm also sure there would be a failsafe like a mystery item, or an item reverting into an Angel Statue, or just something to keep multiplayer from turning into a hot soup. I'm not exactly an out-of-the-box thinker so I can't really think of a good solution off the top of my head.

And thank you. It would've saved me a lot of headache if the wiki page specified that the Stylist wasn't in the 3DS port. Heck, it even mentions the 3DS port but only in regards to the lack of dyes to the Stylist's catalogue. Then again, this port is 1.2 + some select 1.2.4 & 1.3 content...
No problem, the Wiki is really unreliable for those sorts of things. This thread has saved lives and headaches, I tell you lol

It would, to some degree, which would persuade o3DS users to transfer to N3DS. I'm also sure there would be a failsafe like a mystery item, or an item reverting into an Angel Statue, or just something to keep multiplayer from turning into a hot soup. I'm not exactly an out-of-the-box thinker so I can't really think of a good solution off the top of my head.

No problem, the Wiki is really unreliable for those sorts of things. This thread has saved lives and headaches, I tell you lol

Forgot to mention other things like new exclusive NPCs. Those would likely just be disabled though. Plus the developers of this port iirc didn't want to divide the O3DS/N3DS users beyond just the expanded worlds. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

May as well throw the Stylist onto the update wishlist then. :dryadwink:

I think the only few things I want after this are Christmas trees(with decorations, a dedicated quick buff/heal button and minecart variants.

to be honest I have no use for the precision buttons on the D-pad when I have the touch screen to use. I say make those your dedicated buttons for Healing, buffs, dropping items and possibly light pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom