3DS 3DS Update 1.04

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go off on one here and probably upset some people but, what the hey, I'm within my rights to display my distaste.

The 3DS version should never have been made. It's been nothing but a display of greed from the developers.

The original developer of Terraria was asked about whether it could run on 3DS, YEARS before it happened and he said no. This system cannot handle it the way it's supposed to be run.

We've then been told it can handle it. We've been sold it, and it's been a complete joke. It was rushed out of the door to hit holiday sales. It had key features cut. It has so many bugs that it's just unacceptable. Have fun!

We've not even heard from the devs for months.

Hardly builds confidence in whatever they do next.

I'm going to go off on one here and probably upset some people but, what the hey, I'm within my rights to display my distaste.

The 3DS version should never have been made. It's been nothing but a display of greed from the developers.

The original developer of Terraria was asked about whether it could run on 3DS, YEARS before it happened and he said no. This system cannot handle it the way it's supposed to be run.

We've then been told it can handle it. We've been sold it, and it's been a complete joke. It was rushed out of the door to hit holiday sales. It had key features cut. It has so many bugs that it's just unacceptable. Have fun!

We've not even heard from the devs for months.

Hardly builds confidence in whatever they do next.
Is it strange that I'm replying to a three-month old post? Probably lol.

I mean, I completely respect your opinion and vocal protest to this, but I'd like to note that some of my online friends and I seriously enjoyed (and still enjoy) playing the game on 3DS despite its very clear flaws. There were definitely some mistakes made throughout production that took time to patch after release, and its success in the 3DS and Terraria industries (if you will) were dubious. However, there is still a considerable community of 3DS users who continue to play and enjoy the game to this day - and take from that what you will.

I'm going to maintain my optimism that the developers are hard at work making a Switch port of this awesome game, and have learned from their mistakes when making the 3DS version. Until more information is released, that will be my mentality.

so, basically, for me just bug fixes as im not rich enough to buy the new 3ds... mean.... i dont believe the n3ds is worth it as its the double of the price of the original, they just add some RAM and thingys that dont matter like the colors of the buttons and dare to call it "new console", also the SNES virtual console games are "exclusive" because nintendo says that "only the mighty n3ds can run them" but i modded my old one for an emulator, dumped an original SNES cartridge (im not a criminal) and THE CONSOLE RAN IT AS FAST AS THE CONSOLE, IT HAD FASTER SAVESTATE LOAD AND IT EVEN HAD MULTIPLAYER HABLITY, THAT MEANS THE MODDED VERSION FOR THE OLD 3DS IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE ONE FOR NEW 3DS AS THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE ONE HAS NOT MULTIPLAYER, I SAW THAT AND FREAKED OUT, WAS IN THAT MOMENT THAT I WASNT A NINTENDO FANBOY ANYMORE, ALWAYS THE SAME THING, THEY DO A GOOD THING, THEY THEN MAKE IT BIGGER AND SELL IT FOR THE DOUBLE OF THE PRICE AND EVEN DARE TO STOP SELLING THE ORIGINAL, THEN DEPRECATE BOTH OF THEM, IT HAPPENED TO GBA, IT HAPPENED TO THE NDS AND ITS SADLY HAPPENING WITH THE 3DS STOP IT NINTENDO :mad:
next step: buy ps4 pro

so, basically, for me just bug fixes as im not rich enough to buy the new 3ds... mean.... i dont believe the n3ds is worth it as its the double of the price of the original, they just add some RAM and thingys that dont matter like the colors of the buttons and dare to call it "new console", also the SNES virtual console games are "exclusive" because nintendo says that "only the mighty n3ds can run them" but i modded my old one for an emulator, dumped an original SNES cartridge (im not a criminal) and THE CONSOLE RAN IT AS FAST AS THE CONSOLE, IT HAD FASTER SAVESTATE LOAD AND IT EVEN HAD MULTIPLAYER HABLITY, THAT MEANS THE MODDED VERSION FOR THE OLD 3DS IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE ONE FOR NEW 3DS AS THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE ONE HAS NOT MULTIPLAYER, I SAW THAT AND FREAKED OUT, WAS IN THAT MOMENT THAT I WASNT A NINTENDO FANBOY ANYMORE, ALWAYS THE SAME THING, THEY DO A GOOD THING, THEY THEN MAKE IT BIGGER AND SELL IT FOR THE DOUBLE OF THE PRICE AND EVEN DARE TO STOP SELLING THE ORIGINAL, THEN DEPRECATE BOTH OF THEM, IT HAPPENED TO GBA, IT HAPPENED TO THE NDS AND ITS SADLY HAPPENING WITH THE 3DS STOP IT NINTENDO :mad:
next step: buy ps4 pro
This is not the place for rants about Nintendo. Plese take those elsewhere.

It seems this thread has finally slowed down. This version has been finished for some time now.
Well unfortunately for this port, there isn’t much to really do here especially for the old users... upsetting for some but to be honest here (though i still enjoy it myself) this port wasn’t going to ever surpass anything. That was kind of obvious from the start. The systems both old and new lack the requirements for a much bigger and better update such as 1.3+ (1.3 and up). Anymore and the poor system will struggle... much harder than it should; than it has to.

Well unfortunately for this port, there isn’t much to really do here especially for the old users... upsetting for some but to be honest here (though i still enjoy it myself) this port wasn’t going to ever surpass anything. That was kind of obvious from the start. The systems both old and new lack the requirements for a much bigger and better update such as 1.3+ (1.3 and up). Anymore and the poor system will struggle... much harder than it should; than it has to.
I got this from the start and always had a pleasant experience playing by myself and with friends. This is still a great option for people who haven’t experienced Terraria.

3DS has discontinued updates. Nothing much they can add without making it unplayable anyway. Sights are set on the switch now to my knowledge
Dang =/ so there is nothing I can do on the game now. Oh well. I was hoping for improvement like less glitches but whatever I basically got all the best stuff in that version

Dang =/ so there is nothing I can do on the game now. Oh well. I was hoping for improvement like less glitches but whatever I basically got all the best stuff in that version
Yeah. Once you get everything there's not much to do on that version, as is the case with any Terraria version. It looks like that whole thing was a big experiment, like a test run for the Switch. It made the game quality suffer in some respects but hopefully it'll be worth the investment whenever Terraria Switch decides to roll out.

Yeah. Once you get everything there's not much to do on that version, as is the case with any Terraria version. It looks like that whole thing was a big experiment, like a test run for the Switch. It made the game quality suffer in some respects but hopefully it'll be worth the investment whenever Terraria Switch decides to roll out.
Ooff I feel offended on so many levels now but yeah I hope it is good. But then again nothing will top smash 5

Trash 5

Now with:
Waluigi
Dante
Ginormica
B.O.B
Lord Faarquad
James P. Sullivan
Flick
Sans
Goku
Miraculous Ladybug
Will Byers
Dustin
Mike
Eleven
Steve from Minecraft
Steve from Stranger Things
Lucas from Stranger Things
Alex from Minecraft
Stampylongnose
ibxtoycat
Angry German Kid
Spyro (and not the horrible hit by an 18 wheeler Spyro)
Cynder
Vicar Amelia
Father Gascoigne
Iosefka
Phoenix Wright
Sora
Zexion
Demyx
and Shrek

Last edited:
Trash 5

Now with:
Waluigi
Dante
Ginormica
B.O.B
Lord Faarquad
James P. Sullivan
Flick
Sans
Goku
Miraculous Ladybug
Will Byers
Dustin
Mike
Eleven
Steve from Minecraft
Steve from Stranger Things
Lucas from Stranger Things
Alex from Minecraft
Stampylongnose
ibxtoycat
Angry German Kid
Spyro (and not the horrible hit by an 18 wheeler Spyro)
Cynder
Vicar Amelia
Father Gascoigne
Iosefka
and Shrek
Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom