3DS 3ds updates

Marcy marc

Official Terrarian
Will there ever be a update for the 3ds version? Also I'm finding it rather difficult to get masks from the wall of flesh, eye of cthulhu, the twins, eater of worlds, brain of Cthulhu and so on. Is there a possible chance the drop rate could be increased?

Unfortunately, no. The 3DS wouldn't be able to handle any higher versions of Terraria, so the update it is on now is as high as it will ever go.

Unfortunately, no. The 3DS wouldn't be able to handle any higher versions of Terraria, so the update it is on now is as high as it will ever go.
Really? I'm sure the "higher versions" could at least run fine on the "New Nintendo 3DS" which has some exclusives of games that are higher specs than the regular 3DS can handle, such as Xenoblade Chronicles, Minecraft , and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

To quote the differences between the original Nintendo 3DS and the "New Nintendo 3DS" from online:
"The New 3DS is an interesting revision of the older hardware - ARM11 core count doubles and clock-speed radically shifts upwards from 268MHz to 804MHz, while memory and VRAM increase substantially".

I don't know too much about this specifically, but based on what I've seen, I believe newer versions of Terraria could run just fine on the "New Nintendo 3DS" if it can't on the old one.

Really? I'm sure the "higher versions" could at least run fine on the "New Nintendo 3DS" which has some exclusives of games that are higher specs than the regular 3DS can handle, such as Xenoblade Chronicles, Minecraft , and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

To quote the differences between the original Nintendo 3DS and the "New Nintendo 3DS" from online:
"The New 3DS is an interesting revision of the older hardware - ARM11 core count doubles and clock-speed radically shifts upwards from 268MHz to 804MHz, while memory and VRAM increase substantially".

I don't know too much about this specifically, but based on what I've seen, I believe newer versions of Terraria could run just fine on the "New Nintendo 3DS" if it can't on the old one.
I'm primarily going by this this official tweet. Terraria is very RAM hungry, and it appears that even the RAM increase of the New 3DS isn't enough to support updates higher than 1.2. New 3DS does have access to larger worlds, so that seems to be at least one front on which the extra performance is leveraged.

I'm primarily going by this this official tweet. Terraria is very RAM hungry, and it appears that even the RAM increase of the New 3DS isn't enough to support updates higher than 1.2. New 3DS does have access to larger worlds, so that seems to be at least one front on which the extra performance is leveraged.
Huh. Interesting to think it can run games like this...

1582322987183.png
1582323167038.png
1582323279833.png
1582323454639.png

1582323493708.png
1582323577973.png

but not Terraria?

Like I said, memory is the bottleneck. If your point is that Terraria shouldn't be an issue to run because it's a 2D game, then all I can say is that that's simply not how video games work.
That wasn't the point. The point was that the 3DS (at least the new one), runs very complex games that have many interactions (whether single-player or online) happening at once that can consume a lot of RAM.

Thank you for the response though, it's probably best I stop bothering you about this... 😅

Back
Top Bottom