3DS 3DS Version Bugs

Evilgrapez

Retinazer
So, I've been playing this version for a while and I'm loving it so far. But, as with all games on their first day of being released, it has a lot of bugs. I only have time to list a few though, so here we go.
  1. My pets do damage. I got a pet from chopping down a tree randomly. I forgot what it's called (something about an elf, I remember that), but it does damage to enemies like it's a minion. It only does one point of damage, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but from when I last recalled, pets aren't supposed to do damage.
  2. Day and Night music play at the same time. Rarely, the night music never fades out and continues on with the day music when the night ends. I'm not exactly sure what causes this, but it's happened to me more than once.
  3. Music doesn't fade out all the time. Sometimes when I die or Magic Mirror back to my house while I was underground, the music doesn't fade out and just stops. Kinda bothers me, but I can live with it.
  4. Zombies can clip through walls. When a Blood Moon came, I set up a dirt block at my door. I found out that if I opened the door, the Zombie could clip right through the wood in front of it and the dirt block below it into the house. Only if I opened my door though - they couldn't do it if I had the door closed. Oh, and speaking of Zombies...
  5. Zombies don't flee when the day comes. Instead, they continue charging at me and won't go away like they do in PC or Xbox.
  6. The NPC housing is bugged. When a new NPC wants to settle in, they never will and I have to move NPCs out of homes, into new ones, and out of them again until they finally show up and move in.
That's all for now

EDIT:
One more thing: You can completely break the tutorial and explore it as a normal world. Start the tutorial and follow it until it tells you to drop through the platform. Enter building mode and mine the dirt to your right using the stylus. The normal mining buttons don't work here, only the stylus. Mine until you break free from your prison. You can now explore the world as if it were your own. Some perks of the tutorial are...
  1. You can't die of fall damage.
  2. There's actually floating island loot hidden deep in the world for you to find.
  3. You have that catchy tutorial music playing 24/7.
  4. Night will never come and monsters will never spawn.
If you venture on even further, you find out that the tutorial world is really just one giant floating island (that explains the floating island loot). At the edge, there's this huge cutoff with messy generation (so there are spots to land). Fall all the way to the bottom of the world, and you can reach the lava in the underworld and die! Yay! When you die, it's revealed your character name is "Student," because of the death message. I have yet to get a "Student was removed from (world name)" message, so what the actual world name is will remain a mystery...and probably will remain one forever since this will likely be patched out. :p

Last edited:
So, I've been playing this version for a while and I'm loving it so far. But, as with all games on their first day of being released, it has a lot of bugs. I only have time to list a few though, so here we go.
  1. My pets do damage. I got a pet from chopping down a tree randomly. I forgot what it's called (something about an elf, I remember that), but it does damage to enemies like it's a minion. It only does one point of damage, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but from when I last recalled, pets aren't supposed to do damage.
  2. Day and Night music play at the same time. Rarely, the night music never fades out and continues on with the day music when the night ends. I'm not exactly sure what causes this, but it's happened to me more than once.
  3. Music doesn't fade out all the time. Sometimes when I die or Magic Mirror back to my house while I was underground, the music doesn't fade out and just stops. Kinda bothers me, but I can live with it.
  4. Zombies can clip through walls. When a Blood Moon came, I set up a dirt block at my door. I found out that if I opened the door, the Zombie could clip right through the wood in front of it and the dirt block below it into the house. Only if I opened my door though - they couldn't do it if I had the door closed. Oh, and speaking of Zombies...
  5. Zombies don't flee when the day comes. Instead, they continue charging at me and won't go away like they do in PC or Xbox.
  6. The NPC housing is bugged. When a new NPC wants to settle in, they never will and I have to move NPCs out of homes, into new ones, and out of them again until they finally show up and move in.
That's all for now.
Some pets do deal contact damage. And yes, the holiday bauble drops from trees during the Christmas season.

I'd like to add that NPC towns don't stop enemies from spawning, I got a town of a few NPCs and I am still getting full on zombie/eye spawn at night and full on slime spawn during the day.
I have a ton of NPCs and the spawn rates are still the same for me, too.

Speaking of NPCs, they started duplicating for me. I have multiple Demolitionists.

I'll add a few more bugs.

• NPCs tend to clone themselves if you try to move them to a different house. I currently have two Guides and two Painters.
  • Beyond what's mentioned in the OP, music in general is very buggy. Some area music (such as desert) doesn't start playing until I'm well into the area, and if I Magic Mirror home the old area's music will play on top of the new area's music for a while. When I fought the Goblin Invasion and goblins only spawned one at a time in the beginning, the music would stop dead every time I killed the one goblin on-screen.
  • Hard Mode enemies spawn in the mushroom biome.
  • Heart total does not graphically update when you use a Heart Crystal until you exit and load. (You still have the health bonus, the new hearts are just invisible.) Might also apply to mana stars.
  • Some tools don't appear on the left sidebar of touchscreen mode when it would be logical to have them, such as the net.
  • Not a bug per se, but quick stack to chests also applies to items in your hotbar. For example, if you have an extra Magic Mirror in storage, you'll have to fish it back out again since there's no item lock function.

another bug, caster AI is super weird sometimes they shoot a single projectile and instantly teleport, sometimes it's normal with the 3 shot volley with no teleport, sometimes they instantly teleport after being hit, caster AI is just super weird.

One more thing: You can completely break the tutorial and explore it as a normal world. Start the tutorial and follow it until it tells you to drop through the platform. Enter building mode and mine the dirt to your right using the stylus. The normal mining buttons don't work here, only the stylus. Mine until you break free from your prison. You can now explore the world as if it were your own. Some perks of the tutorial are...
  1. You can't die of fall damage.
  2. There's actually floating island loot hidden deep in the world for you to find.
  3. You have that catchy tutorial music playing 24/7.
  4. Night will never come and monsters will never spawn.
If you venture on even further, you find out that the tutorial world is really just one giant floating island (that explains the floating island loot). At the edge, there's this huge cutoff with messy generation (so there are spots to land). Fall all the way to the bottom of the world, and you can reach the lava in the underworld and die! Yay! When you die, it's revealed your character name is "Student," because of the death message. I have yet to get a "Student was removed from (world name)" message, so what the actual world name is will remain a mystery...and probably will remain one forever since this will likely be patched out. :p

I'll use the support ticket @Nike Leon mentioned tomorrow, along with all the other bugs. :p

I have one!

Using a spear, if i lock to a target and hold attack i get an ever increasing range. (Damage and knockback delt before the come back into standard range)

I'm debating if I should buy this because its terraria or to find bugs. Hmm choices choices. Also ive heard that there are no stairs is this true?

• Hard Mode enemies spawn in the mushroom biome.

Good god this bug, this and the enemies spawning near towns seems like one they could've easilly fixed before release, I understand missing a few of the other ones but man since I need to get mushroom grass seeds and those freakin mushi ladybugs are spawning in there, it's an absolute nightmare.

A few of these have been mentioned already, but I just wanted to list all the issues I've encountered:

•All fishing poles have a fishing power of 1%.

•Insects don't "collect" properly using the bug net. I will swing my net at a worm and it will stop moving but not be collected. I then have to physically walk on top of the worm to actually collect it into my inventory. Walking over it does not collect it unless I swing the bug net at it first.

•Sometime buckets won't collect or dispense water. I will highlight water, press Y, the bucket will fill with water (turn blue), then immediately revert to empty again. The same thing happens when trying to place water: the bucket will empty, then immediately revert to having water in it. Water is not duplicated in this way; when it falsely empties, no water is actually placed in the world. This bug appears to happen at random.

•Music is glitched. It will randomly switch back and forth between regular and invasion music when the goblin army attacks. Teleporting will cause the music to abruptly cut out, or not at all and continue playing underworld music when you're in your home.

•The "quick stack items to nearby chests" button will remove items from your hotbar if matching items are in nearby chests. Example: if you have a spare magic mirror in a chest and press "quick stack", the magic mirror in your hotbar will be put in the chest, forcing you to either fish it out EVERY time you quick stack or trash all spare mirrors to avoid this.

•During a goblin army attack, I can get upwards of 4-6 goblin sorcerers spawning at once. (Read below for why this is a problem)

•Teleporters (sorcerers & fire imps) have glitched code. It seems that they spawn a certain distance away, blast their magic at you, and the second you get within a certain proximity to them, they teleport away and repeat the process. When you have multiple Teleporters attacking at once, and you can never get close enough to kill them, it makes for MANY quick (and cheap) deaths.

•The spawn rate for slimes and flying fish is INTENSE. I was forced to build giant glass domes over my entire house and my regular fishing spots because I couldn't stand out in the open for more than 2 seconds without having a slime or flying fish come along and disturb me. I've never experienced this annoyance on the PC or PS4.

•I'm not sure if this is a bug per se, but I've generated 2 worlds and neither of them have a snow biome.

[-]

The following aren't bugs, but are definitely things that should be considered in making the game more user friendly:

•Inconsistencies in the inventory UI have caused me to accidentally trash many items. For instance: in your inventory, Y is "split stack" and X is "trash"; in a chest, Y is "take all" and X is "take one". With armour, "equip" is Y in your inventory, but it's X to "dequip" in your character menu. These kinds of inconsistencies make for a frustrating experience when navigating menus.
Suggestion: revamp all inventory controls and make them consistent across all menus.

•There is no physical button to put things in chests, it's only a touch screen button on the left side of the screen. This forces you to use your left thumb to both navigate your inventory and use the touch screen to press the "put in chest" button. This is very user unfriendly.
Suggestion: as mentioned above, revamp all inventory controls and assign a physical button to "put in chest". If anything, the trash button should be on the touchscreen (where it's less accessible), as people are more commonly adding things to chests than trashing items.

•Having the "a" button assigned to both INTERACT and GRAPPLE doesn't work practically when you're trying to Reno your house and are unable to grapple to your roof because you keep accidentally interacting with doors and chests.
Suggestion: the giant "A" button that appears over NPC's, chests, and doors needs to be smaller and have a smaller proximity range.

•Having doors automatically open when you get close is handy, but can also be a nuisance. Sometimes I'll be navigating my house and accidentally get too close to my door, this will cause it to open and the zombies will pour in, causing me to fight when I wasn't intending to.
Suggestion: disable "auto open" when monsters are within a certain proximity to doors, this will alleviate any accidental home invasions.

Last edited:
Also...

•I loaded my character (who had 20 hearts) into a new world and my hearts reset to 5. This appears to just be a visual bug, as attempting to consume more life crystals does not add any hearts and being hit doesn't drain any of my 5 hearts until I'm hit a LOT of times. So the other 15 hearts are there, they're just invisible.
(closing and reloading the app solved this issue)

How about this for a bug:
NPCs do not spawn when you have met the requirements for them, even if you have another house.

How about this for a bug:
NPCs do not spawn when you have met the requirements for them, even if you have another house.
Well, they rarely spawn, anyways. There's a party girl that wants to move in, but won't even though I have a ton of houses open.

Yea I dont usually refer to a game as 'bug ridden' but im glad to see im not the only person having problems. (To give you an idea of how many bugs are in this first version, I just made an account specifically for this thread) I am also having the issues with my town NPCs but the ticket I just submitted was for the following:

Anyone else having issues making watches? I have a table next to a chair (A big table not a work bench) and MORE than enough materials but the icon isnt showing up in the construction window. Which is pretty sad considering the icon for accessories SPECIFICALLY has a watch on it.

Back
Top Bottom