3DS 3DS Version Bugs

I know it's been said already, I'm just adding my experience to this for the sake of helping to demonstrate the scope of the problem: it's not just a few people this is happening to. My NPCs won't stop duplicating either. I have 3 Merchants and 3 Guides so far. My guess is somewhere in the code it's not telling the specific NPCs to stop spawning once one has already spawned. It's always the exact same NPC names too: Finn the Merchant and Trent the Guide. I'm hoping it will stop soon; I have no voodoo dolls yet and my house is built in a way that killing them would not be easy.

Other bugs I've encountered:
-The Housing requirements are sketchy and the game does not tell me the problem like in other versions. According to the wiki, acceptable dimensions for a "house", including ceilings/floors/walls is 9(h)x7(w). The 3DS version does not appear to recognize anything smaller (width-wise) than 9(h)x8(w)

-When attacking with the Spear, sometimes it will fly out of my hands and continue thrusting beyond my screen, all while still doing damage to everything in its path. When it isn't trying to escape my grasp, it also will sometimes damage mobs that are clearly out of range by at least 2 blocks. In other words: Spear OP. Spear VERY OP. I can't seem to replicate this willingly, it just seems to happen from time to time.

-Probably not a bug, but extremely annoying: since there appears to be no "Favourite" option for inventory items, and the Quick Stack function doesn't seem to differentiate from my Action Bar for some reason, pressing Quick Stack near chests with similar items to those that are on my Action Bar will also Quick Stack said items from my Action Bar. Very frustrating, as now I can't Quick Stack without stopping to go through all of my chests to get my Action Bar re-set up again. What's the point of Quick Stack if this is the case? I might as well just do it manually. I hope this gets addressed soon.

Also not a bug, more of an oversight that I feel needs to be addressed: When in a chest, X removes the currently selected item. No problem there. But for some reason, you've hot-keyed X to the Trashcan in the Inventory screen, and nothing is hot-keyed to Deposit Item, so I can easily withdraw things on a whim, but I have to manually tap Deposit for each item in order to deposit them. Would it not make more logical sense to hot-key X to "Deposit Item"?
Did nobody there anticipate that somebody would logically assume the Withdraw button should logically be the same as the Deposit button, depending on the context? I've lost progress several times already due to needing to reload my game because I've accidentally deleted my inventory when I meant to deposit. Surely I'm not the only one?

All that being said, great job on everything guys, I've always wanted to be able to play Terraria portably with decent (physical) controls. To be honest, I'm surprised the game came out at all for 3DS. I'm glad it did, despite the price-jack, which I understand is most likely influenced by Nintendo's fees for listing a product on their store.

Keep up the good work, guys!

I don't know if these were mentioned or not already but I noticed my bottom screen flickering like black or something (it was too quick to see) and I can't damage enemies my slime (slime staff) is attacking
[DOUBLEPOST=1452920307,1452919891][/DOUBLEPOST]
AYMHAAACAAADVHkxxmTe7A
i've made 5 worlds and not one of them have a single snow biome
If the image doesn't work link: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkxxmTe7A

Don't worry keep trying! You'll get it eventually!

I have a new bug:
The Julia Butterfly Jar ( or maybe Butterfly jars in general ) are very glitchy. I placed it on a ebonwood shelf, and shortly after, my game crashed. I attempted recreating the glitch, and each time, the game would crash shortly after placing the jar on the shelf. The game even crashed occasionally when I tried placing the jar; I would see a flash of pixels, then a crash.

Made this account just to report this. My game seems to have come down with a bad case of disappearing item syndrome. Apparently there's a rare chance that when I try quickstacking, an item may vanish from my inventory but not appear in the chest. Thus far, I've lost (at least, I might not have noticed others) several health potions, an axe, and a pickaxe, the last of which cost me an hour's worth of spelunking when I had to reset to get it back. I can put up with most of the other bugs posted here, at least long enough to wait for them to be fixed, but my inner hoarder doesn't appreciate the idea of randomly my hard-earned losing items to the void. I might have to set this game aside until it's fixed... or at least learn to save before putting things away.

Made this account just to report this. My game seems to have come down with a bad case of disappearing item syndrome. Apparently there's a rare chance that when I try quickstacking, an item may vanish from my inventory but not appear in the chest. Thus far, I've lost (at least, I might not have noticed others) several health potions, an axe, and a pickaxe, the last of which cost me an hour's worth of spelunking when I had to reset to get it back. I can put up with most of the other bugs posted here, at least long enough to wait for them to be fixed, but my inner hoarder doesn't appreciate the idea of randomly my hard-earned losing items to the void. I might have to set this game aside until it's fixed... or at least learn to save before putting things away.
Weird. I've never had that happen to me, but I haven't played Terraria much on the 3DS lately.

Just out of curiosity, have you experienced this before or after the recent patch?
Also welcome to the forums lol

Weird. I've never had that happen to me, but I haven't played Terraria much on the 3DS lately.

Just out of curiosity, have you experienced this before or after the recent patch?
Also welcome to the forums lol

Thanks! And I only started playing yesterday, so the patch was already released when I started. Skimming the other posts, it is possible I fell victim to the "X is both withdraw and delete" problem, at least with the axe and potions, but I had no reason to individually deposit my pickaxe and it had been getting repeatedly quickstacked by accident due to my saving my old copper onc since I don't yet have the merchant to sell it to. I'll post if it happens again.

Edit: Found another possible glitch just now, where I was down to a quarter of a heart, got hit by one of those worms, and was briefly at 0 hearts until my regeneration band put me back up to a quarter. Might have been something weird with the damage calculation though.

Edit 2: Apparently I also lost my magic boomerang and my net. Well.... shoot.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Tulpony, post: 933817, member: 53229]Edit: Found another possible glitch just now, where I was down to a quarter of a heart, got hit by one of those worms, and was briefly at 0 hearts until my regeneration band put me back up to a quarter. Might have been something weird with the damage calculation though.[/QUOTE]
I actually had something like this happen once or twice, where I would get my health to directly zero, and still survive, but if I got even one point below zero I was dead.

I actually recommend you post your bugs here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/3ds-known-issues.37772/ This is the official thread for 3DS bug reports, where this one was just one made by me to report some bugs before that one existed.

So, I've been playing this version for a while and I'm loving it so far. But, as with all games on their first day of being released, it has a lot of bugs. I only have time to list a few though, so here we go.
  1. My pets do damage. I got a pet from chopping down a tree randomly. I forgot what it's called (something about an elf, I remember that), but it does damage to enemies like it's a minion. It only does one point of damage, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but from when I last recalled, pets aren't supposed to do damage.
  2. Day and Night music play at the same time. Rarely, the night music never fades out and continues on with the day music when the night ends. I'm not exactly sure what causes this, but it's happened to me more than once.
  3. Music doesn't fade out all the time. Sometimes when I die or Magic Mirror back to my house while I was underground, the music doesn't fade out and just stops. Kinda bothers me, but I can live with it.
  4. Zombies can clip through walls. When a Blood Moon came, I set up a dirt block at my door. I found out that if I opened the door, the Zombie could clip right through the wood in front of it and the dirt block below it into the house. Only if I opened my door though - they couldn't do it if I had the door closed. Oh, and speaking of Zombies...
  5. Zombies don't flee when the day comes. Instead, they continue charging at me and won't go away like they do in PC or Xbox.
  6. The NPC housing is bugged. When a new NPC wants to settle in, they never will and I have to move NPCs out of homes, into new ones, and out of them again until they finally show up and move in.
That's all for now

EDIT:
One more thing: You can completely break the tutorial and explore it as a normal world. Start the tutorial and follow it until it tells you to drop through the platform. Enter building mode and mine the dirt to your right using the stylus. The normal mining buttons don't work here, only the stylus. Mine until you break free from your prison. You can now explore the world as if it were your own. Some perks of the tutorial are...
  1. You can't die of fall damage.
  2. There's actually floating island loot hidden deep in the world for you to find.
  3. You have that catchy tutorial music playing 24/7.
  4. Night will never come and monsters will never spawn.
If you venture on even further, you find out that the tutorial world is really just one giant floating island (that explains the floating island loot). At the edge, there's this huge cutoff with messy generation (so there are spots to land). Fall all the way to the bottom of the world, and you can reach the lava in the underworld and die! Yay! When you die, it's revealed your character name is "Student," because of the death message. I have yet to get a "Student was removed from (world name)" message, so what the actual world name is will remain a mystery...and probably will remain one forever since this will likely be patched out. :p
the elf is supposed to deal damage.

when playing, i've found that unless im really, really unlucky (doubtful, as ive all the trophies and 2 slime staffs) the bosses aside from skeletron and i guess duke fishron never drop their respective masks. is this just me?
also the ocram trophy wont place normally, and when i place i, i turns into a painting of the hallow and curruption .

Back
Top Bottom