44-way teleporter

mikhail kerman

Terrarian
Inspired by this image on the wiki,

(a 36-way teleporter),
I wanted to see the maximum ossible teleport locations while standing on the spot
And behold, the 44-way teleporter:
upload_2019-5-28_16-46-29.png

I didn't change much, just added a gap in the middle, which allows a few more wires to exists. I have a 48 way design in mind, but it is impossible without world editing, since it relies on two stacked actuated teleporters

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-28_16-43-53.png
    upload_2019-5-28_16-43-53.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 133
Wait, is there a 1 tile gap between the bottom half-teleporter and the platform? It's kinda difficult to tell from the picture... But there shouldn't be, since with the gap the top teleporter would be too far away.
Do you have enough room and reach to hook up all of those wires to different switches? With so much room taken up by the teleporters it might not be possible without range extending accessories, or some kind of logic gate setup.

Wait, is there a 1 tile gap between the bottom half-teleporter and the platform? It's kinda difficult to tell from the picture... But there shouldn't be, since with the gap the top teleporter would be too far away.
Yes you are right, the gap shouldn't be there. And I will have to fit as many switches as possible. I think switches will even have to exist below the teleporters. If I can't fit all of them, I will have to use an architect gizmo pack

I have a potential method to expand this to 88 ways, but I'd need to test it. The idea is to have each wire connect to 2 teleporters, but only 1 of them is "suitable" to be teleported to at a time. My plan is to use actuated blocks. I'll let you all know if this works.

It didn't

Last edited:
would adding junction boxes open a few more paths?
Yes, I can see how you can add at least another 4. Also, couldn't you use a multiplexer to tackle the switches problem? This means you'd only need 7 switches, 6 to make a binary number, and 1 more to trigger the teleportation.

Yes, I can see how you can add at least another 4. Also, couldn't you use a multiplexer to tackle the switches problem? This means you'd only need 7 switches, 6 to make a binary number, and 1 more to trigger the teleportation.
Might be a bit difficult considering the space issue. To be honest, I have no idea what that means though.

A good supplement on the original basis:) (the picture of 36 ways was uploaded by me, it seems that I have missed a bit, I have to modify the wiki again)

Last edited:
I have a potential method to expand this to 88 ways, but I'd need to test it. The idea is to have each wire connect to 2 teleporters, but only 1 of them is "suitable" to be teleported to at a time. My plan is to use actuated blocks. I'll let you all know if this works.
t
you can use two switches on the same wire that take you to different locations, because teleporters teleport you to the farthest teleporter from the switch (by wire length) but then you have to pay close attention to wire lengths

if you find ways to expand you can always post pics

Something like this, using lots of AND gates. Every AND gate can be activated, but only one at once. Each one has a unique combination of switches. Would make it look a lot cleaner than having 44. By the way, I just noticed the post about the gap not being intentional so the extra wires wouldn't be able to fit.
Capture 2019-05-30 17_25_29.png

Something like this, using lots of AND gates. Every AND gate can be activated, but only one at once. Each one has a unique combination of switches. Would make it look a lot cleaner than having 44. By the way, I just noticed the post about the gap not being intentional so the extra wires wouldn't be able to fit.View attachment 222315
hmm we need to actually try building the whole thing

Maybe with that logic gates thing, having that many combinations possible, could an activated hoik be an option? It could quickly move player to another 44-way teleporter nearby and then teleport him. Or is this against the rules?
I just realized that instead of using hoiks we could just make, for example, 44 44-way teleporters and then attach another one to them. You have 44 ways to teleport and then in each way you have another 44 ways. This offers almost unlimited amount of ways.
Another thing is that we could make wires go around teleporters like that and then place/destroy one additional wire to adjust the length of wire.
8xYk_ogf8mk.jpg
iVVmvO17HpM.jpg

I57nA_LD4Xg.jpg
emg-C1FoHbk.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom