Biomes & Nature 4th liquid in Terraria Yes or No?

Should Terraria get a 4th liquid?

• Yes

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Dude! Seriously... Get a life!

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure there is a line of code somewhere for changing the color of things. Maybe you could code that in a certain biome, water changes to vodka color and gives tipsy! :p
As much as I would like to get my hands into more code I am currently on a few rather large projects the most important one being for my partner who I am making an entire themed world for and running a thread for it as I go it can be found here.

And lets look at the topic of the thread and the fact you both keep going on about unrelated crap because someone asked is then your responsibility to PM each other or how about i search for your threads and talk about off topic junk?.
Their comments weren't unrelated. They have been saying that the fourth liquid would be the last one before having to rework the engine of the game. They are using that as an argument against wasting that slot on a simple lava recolor. Your post at the very start set the topic presented the option of acid which they have argued against.
I think something like acid would be perfect and would function somewhat like lava only it would be bright green and bubbling and would not contain a glow.
By adding this to the initial post the topic of what the 4th liquid should be is now on topic.
The fact is he is not a dev and does not have a full grasp of the workings of the engine
You don't need to be a dev to know enough about the code to know that there is a limit on the amount of liquids. You also don't need a full grasp on the code to know things like that.

I want to point out that the whole "4th liquid" statement was a matter of maximum POSSIBLE additions of liquid, and this was said quite a long time ago (pre 1.2 in a stream with PaperbatVG). While this was true, there was never any indication that they had come up with a 4th liquid, or had one in mind . . . merely that there would only be one more, and if they did add it, they would want it to be a good one.

Just want to clear up the whole "4th liquid planned" thing, since I'm the recurring source of this original statement.

I want to point out that the whole "4th liquid" statement was a matter of maximum POSSIBLE additions of liquid, and this was said quite a long time ago (pre 1.2 in a stream with PaperbatVG). While this was true, there was never any indication that they had come up with a 4th liquid, or had one in mind . . . merely that there would only be one more, and if they did add it, they would want it to be a good one.

Just want to clear up the whole "4th liquid planned" thing, since I'm the recurring source of this original statement.

Not really adding anything to the thread here though are you!

Their comments weren't unrelated. They have been saying that the fourth liquid would be the last one before having to rework the engine of the game. They are using that as an argument against wasting that slot on a simple lava recolor. Your post at the very start set the topic presented the option of acid which they have argued against.

By adding this to the initial post the topic of what the 4th liquid should be is now on topic.

You don't need to be a dev to know enough about the code to know that there is a limit on the amount of liquids. You also don't need a full grasp on the code to know things like that.

You have also said nothing about what you think the liquid should be another continuation on the not keeping on topic. They need not state if they thinks its possible or not that isn't the point of this thread look at the title of the thread genius is it asking 4th liquid in Terraria is it possible? How about you learn to keep on topic so I don't have to keep repeating myself...

How about you answer the question instead with a "Yes I would like a new liquid and I think it should be...". OR "No I am happy with the number of liquids available". But no instead your'e posting useless crap... You can take the time to post ineffectual :red: yet not actually answer the question. And as far off topic as you should get is adding the idea of what liquid you would like to see (maybe an image if youre that into a new liquid and you know what you want it to look like). Nope its easier to post stuff that's unrelated eh -_-

As for more than 4 liquids not being possible I wont say yes or no to that I will just say minecarts were not a thing in 1.2 nor was a lot of things (some I am sure were a pain in the :red: to code) so you can keep saying the devs are essentially stupid and cant figure out how to improve their code to add more liquids if you like because that's basically what you're doing.

I don't even like the devs of this game quite the opposite (anyone could have made this game for all I care) but at least I am not implying that their skills at coding are lacking so much that they couldn't potentially rewrite code to make it more streamlined and effective...

Last edited:
Not really adding anything to the thread here though are you!

You have also said nothing about what you think the liquid should be another continuation on the not keeping on topic. They need not state if they thinks its possible or not that isn't the point of this thread look at the title of the thread genius is it asking 4th liquid in Terraria is it possible? How about you learn to keep on topic so I don't have to keep repeating myself...
I am on topic. I am using the argument that the 4th liquid being the last one means that a simple recolor of lava AKA acid would be a poor thing to waste it on. Personally the only thing that might be interesting so far would be oil but even that doesn't seem to be the best option.
look at the title of the thread genius
The title isn't the only thing determining the topic, the first post is at least as important.

Would You Bathe In That?

Greetings Terrarians,
I put forwards a simple yes or no poll on if you think there should be a 4th liquid in Terraria. I think something like acid would be perfect and would function somewhat like lava only it would be bright green and bubbling and would not contain a glow.

Oh you mean this simple YES OR NO question?

You have added nothing to this thread and continue to do so by continuing bull:red: that has been reported already for not staying on topic... This is a and I repeat... A YES OR NO POLL...

How about state your opinion as a yes or a no not rant on about some :red: others are posting...

After all how hard is it to post as follows:
Yes I think a new liquid would be good and I think it should be diarrhoea and it would buff your character with.... and it would also....
^^ how hard is that to do?

Last edited:

You have added nothing to this thread and continue to do so by continuing bull:red: that has been reported already for not staying on topic... This is a and I repeat... A YES OR NO POLL...
Have you noticed that a moderator has visited this thread and none of us have been told we are off topic by him? I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but it's pretty obvious that our comments weren't out of line.
This is a and I repeat... A YES OR NO POLL...
If it was only supposed to be a poll you wouldn't have posted an option for the liquid. Now your suggestion for one is up for debate. You do realize you are in the suggestion forums correct?

How about state your opinion as a yes or a no not rant on about some :red: others are posting...

After all how hard is it to post as follows:
Yes I think a new liquid would be good and I think it should be diarrhoea and it would buff your character with.... and it would also....
^^ how hard is that to do?
Aren't threads meant for discussion? Else this should be a profile post.

Aren't threads meant for discussion? Else this should be a profile post.
Meant to keep on point of the thread or is that to hard to do for all you children with low IQs...
Have you noticed that a moderator has visited this thread and none of us have been told we are off topic by him? I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but it's pretty obvious that our comments weren't out of line.

If it was only supposed to be a poll you wouldn't have posted an option for the liquid. Now your suggestion for one is up for debate. You do realize you are in the suggestion forums correct?
Then keep it relevant you dumb :red:. I asked a yes or no question not is it :red:ing possible or are you totally :red:ing brain dead?

Meant to keep on point of the thread or is that to hard to do for all you children with low IQs...
Calling me stupid does not help anyone get "on topic", even though we were, since this thread is a discussion.
Also, editing out the part of the OP that said this...
Update#1
Greetings Terrarians,
I wish this water bubbled like lava but retained this colour :D
View attachment 57573
(Part of a WIP I am making for my beautiful partner)
Doesn't help your cause.

None of you dip:red:s have input anything as to what you think a new liquid should be so you're off topic. Or are you that :red:ing stupid that you cant realise that? If you're not saying YES OR NO and what you think you would like the liquid to be then you're off :red:ing topic -_-

None of you dip:red:s have input anything as to what you think a new liquid should be so you're off topic. Or are you that :red:ing stupid that you cant realise that? If you're not saying YES OR NO and what you think you would like the liquid to be then you're off :red:ing topic -_-
I did. On the third page.
That would be a lava recolor, no? I'd rather see something space-y.
Space-y liquid.

Well space is cold.liquid nitrogen perhaps? Of course I know very little about space.
That would be....cool. :cool:
Maybe some liquid that makes you unable to jump, and you have to shake around to get free? If you get free of a deep pool of it, it would shoot you out.

That would be....cool. :cool:
Maybe some liquid that makes you unable to jump, and you have to shake around to get free? If you get free of a deep pool of it, it would shoot you out.
Quicksand?

I remember seeing someone say something about saltwater so you could create an ocean anywhere, but I think that an ocean anywhere could be done in a different way.

Quicksand?

I remember seeing someone say something about saltwater so you could create an ocean anywhere, but I think that an ocean anywhere could be done in a different way.
Except quicksand with liquid mechanics, in my mind, wouldn't look right. I was thinking something like that liquid stuff spiders shoot out that hardens into web. Would work well with spider caves, and maybe even a biome/minibiome comprised of organic materials.

Except quicksand with liquid mechanics, in my mind, wouldn't look right. I was thinking something like that liquid stuff spiders shoot out that hardens into web. Would work well with spider caves, and maybe even a biome/minibiome comprised of organic materials.
With a new liquid type I wouldn't feel right giving it to the spider biome. Of course if the spider biome was expanded I would be fine with it. But then again the hives got honey and it's a mini biome.

It's tough to figure out what it should be.

Where was this, exactly?
It might be a slight error in memory, that statement kind of contradicts this one by Leinfors.

Back
Top Bottom