5.8 Platinum an hour Early Pre-Hardmode Farm. Easy!

Snibob

Terrarian
Hey guys! I made a money farm that can rack up to 5.8 platinum an hour. *real life hour cause people might ask* Ill explain it under the photo!
Terriara 5 plat 80 gold an hour..png
This is my way of getting 5.8 platinum an hour (5 plat 80 gold) before even killing eater of worlds or brain of cthulu. No worries about goblin invasion since you don't need to destroy a crimson heart or shadow orb. I am standing on a goldfish statue with my left click held down picking up the goldfish with a net. and on the right is a derpy bird engine. very simple, not complicated at all. I am using wire from a trap I found and a red pressure plate for the bird engine I found while mining. The bat and slime ones are not part of the money count how ever could contribute. I am using the slime staff to kill off giant worms so I don't die. easy to get if you find pinky and get lucky or find a slime statue. This could be made above worm spawning level if you find a trap that is high up due to a mountain or something. but I have not managed to find one. Enjoy! All you need is a trap spot, a red pressure plate *one that can be activated by birds* a goldfish statue and a slime staff *slime statue*! and a bug net, Enjoy! Im on expert mode but I don't think it matters.

Arh, so they've whacked the value of goldfish back up a little now that they've nerfed corrected the 6 statue input wiring 'feature': 7 silver 50 copper per goldfish. Which is a much better return per activation than with a jellyfish statue, hoping for necklaces (to sell for ~1 gold) that now have only a 1% drop chance!

So, if you were triggering a single goldfish statue at the maximum rate of once every 0.5s (which you won't be, because the bird engine isn't fast enough to quite reach perfection. But say it were, the maximum output would be 2 goldfish per second = 120gf/min = 7200gf/h = 54k silver/h = 5.4 platinum/h (max, per goldfish statue, up to 3 statues).

So to hit your headline figure you'd have to get a fair amount from selling the other drops (which might be quite fiddly in comparison). But within ~10%, so I'm not quibbling. Great job there. Nice simple little farm design. :happy: (You could also show the wire(ing), improved the lighting and cropped the photo down though, if I am being picky.)

Alternative designs could use jumping on a plate, or even releasing a captured bird into the engine (in place of a statue, I think that should still work). Also, if you have 3 townsfolk quartered nearby you shouldn't get the worms spawning.

Although i'm a clean player, cheating like this wouldn't be an issue in my case. And what's so good about it, is that it's Tegal (Legal Terraria Wise).

Back
Top Bottom