5 Years! Let's talk about it

Myth

Terrarian
So if you didn't know, or haven't payed any attention to the date, Terraria has turned 5 today and it's been an amazing 5 years of the devs staying with the game, through tough times, and it's been 4 and a half for me.

I can't believe seeing this game be out for this long still be one of the top played games on Steam, not even including the amount of those who have bought it on GoG, Xbox, PS, iOS, Android, Amazon, Nintendo, and all other devices.

It's amazing to see how much the game has grown, from where it started to where it is now.

Hopefully this thread is ok for a chat about all things that has defined it as a game, through all the memories you've had and have to come.

I first got Terraria two years ago, and I think the 1.2.4.1 update had just come out. I enjoyed it, but I never got past the Eye of Cthulhu because I was not very good at the game. I left it for two or three months, and I finally got farther in the game than that. And then, I spiraled into playing the game to the point where it pretty much completely replaced my game that I play all the time (It was Minecraft for quite a while). While I don't play it too much anymore (I keep meaning to make a new world, but I always find something else to do), it is still one of my favorite games.

Here's to another 5 years of the Terraria name!

I've been here since ~1 month after its release - I was a little 'unsure' at first, but eventually it grew on me and is now my most played steam game - sitting at 620 hours, followed by Gmod & Portal 2 with 178 and 63 hours respectively. It's been a blast, and I remember being so upset when it was announced to be discontinued. Then enter 2012; 1.2 is announced! My excitement was renounced, and I've been loyal to the game and the team ever since.

To @Cenx @Redigit and all other Re-Logic members; Thank you, it's been a wonderful 5 years, and I can't wait to see what else your company can give us. Much love, and happy birthday! :D

~Spectre

I've been playing Terraria since about a month before 1.3 came out. It's been an amazing experience, although I guess I was lucky I wasn't endlessly waiting for 1.3 to come out. :p

Hmm. I first truly started playing Terraria on mobile, like before 1.1 hit with hardmode. Even though I have had tons of fun with these updates, for some reason, 1.1 and before I actually enjoyed more. Possibly because I felt a higher sense in achievement. My first actual time playing Terraria was also when 1.1 came out on PC, when I would play it on a friends computer a lot.

Tried it on release day and hated it. Tried it a few months later and hated it again. Tried it again after 1.1 and been no-lifin' ever since.

Back
Top Bottom