Game Mechanics 50% chance to spawn in with tin items instead of copper

I'd think that if it was going to be based on something, it'd be based on the ore the world spawned with.

But, to be honest? I think that the copper starting gear is pretty iconic for Terraria and won't be changed.

It would be almost impossible to base the items on the ore the world spawned with, as each character is interchangeable with each world, and therefore it would have to be a prediction.

I do agree with the fact that the copper starting gear is iconic, but I feel like this would just feel a little different, because the corruption and the worse ores like copper got variations, so I feel that it would be more fitting with there being that same variation in character creation.

Wouldn't change much, but I guess it could be interesting. Otherwise no one really ever tries to get tin equipments, right? well, hammer might be an exception, if the world one's playing in has tin, but why would most players ever go for crafting a tin pickaxe, axe... or a shortsword? shortswords are so useless because of their small range and lack of swing attack anyway, IMO XD...

So, yeah, why not? The shortsword might would get replaced with a wooden sword most of the time in the first 10 minutes of the game anyway, but the axe and pickaxe might stays in inventory for longer, and it could be a nice little change from the usual starting copper gear, I guess.

Wouldn't change much, but I guess it could be interesting. Otherwise no one really ever tries to get tin equipments, right? well, hammer might be an exception, if the world one's playing in has tin, but why would most players ever go for crafting a tin pickaxe, axe... or a shortsword? shortswords are so useless because of their small range and lack of swing attack anyway, IMO XD...

So, yeah, why not? The shortsword might would get replaced with a wooden sword most of the time in the first 10 minutes of the game anyway, but the axe and pickaxe might stays in inventory for longer, and it could be a nice little change from the usual starting copper gear, I guess.
The difference between copper and tin (pick)axes, is that the copper ones have a range penalty. That's literally it. There's no reason not to add this imo.

I mean, to be fair, Tin tools are never made, but there are mods can allow for tin ones if you really want it. Maybe in a 1.4.something if you appeal they might do it if they agree. But for now there is a mod or two that can do that. It wouldn't really feel like a mod or a base game thing to me though because it isn't really a moddy type of thing. All of this is my opinion But you do what you wanna do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom