Other 64-Bit Terraria?

You see, the fun and idea of the game is that it is obviously pixelated. I'm sorry for your issues, but try using one or two mods at a time.
He means the application itself is currently 32-bit when it should be 64-bit for people who are able to run 64-bit applications.
Texture resolutions are not dependent on this, meaning that we can change the application while not changing the textures. There is a difference between 8/16/32-bit textures (What you are referencing) versus 32/64-bit applications (What the OP is referencing). While greater bit applications can run with greater resolution textures, it doesn't need to.

And also yes, I would like a 64-bit version of Terraria just because it will run better for us people who do have systems capable for 64-bit.

He means the application itself is currently 32-bit when it should be 64-bit for people who are able to run 64-bit applications.
Texture resolutions are not dependent on this, meaning that we can change the application while not changing the textures. There is a difference between 8/16/32-bit textures (What you are referencing) versus 32/64-bit applications (What the OP is referencing). While greater bit applications can run with greater resolution textures, it doesn't need to.

And also yes, I would like a 64-bit version of Terraria just because it will run better for us people who do have systems capable for 64-bit.

Oh, thank you. That explains it. I'm in favor of this idea.

I agree. I'm just worried modders would get carried away with graphics...

But since most people like terraria's style, i doubt the mods would be popular. If there are mods that are 64 bit dependant and are pretty good, then yes i would like this.

Linux (and Mac I'm assuming) already have 64 bit versions which negate the Ram issues. I'm honestly surprised the Windows releases are lacking in this.

I'm running on 64 bit Linux and have the Steam version of Terraria. How can I find out if I have this 64 bit version of Terraria for Linux and if I don't how do I get it?

I'm running on 64 bit Linux and have the Steam version of Terraria. How can I find out if I have this 64 bit version of Terraria for Linux and if I don't how do I get it?

By default it seems Steam runs the 32 bit mono build. Open the folder where Terraria is installed to and look for the 64 bit .bin file and run from that. Might help to make a shortcut on the desktop for that since running it from your game library will only run 32 bit :p

By default it seems Steam runs the 32 bit mono build. Open the folder where Terraria is installed to and look for the 64 bit .bin file and run from that. Might help to make a shortcut on the desktop for that since running it from your game library will only run 32 bit :p

Thanks. Is there any way to do that while still running Tmod loader though?

Sadly it doesn't seem to be possible on Windows at this time. Despite some people I've seen online claiming it's possible to do, I have yet to see any real evidence of that.

Linux (and Mac I'm assuming) already have 64 bit versions which negate the Ram issues. I'm honestly surprised the Windows releases are lacking in this.
I don't understand this oversight either -- if anything I'd assumed Windows would've been the first to get 64-bit functionality.

Hopefully with some large updates to Terraria incoming, Re-Logic can remedy this oversight sooner than later.

Thanks. Is there any way to do that while still running Tmod loader though?

I have Windows 10 64-bit, 32GB RAM, and I have Terraria 32-bit on Steam. I have several mods installed, and the game runs, but it suffers from frame dips and occasional cashes which report that the game ran out of memory. Sure, I could uninstall some mods (which I will do as a last-ditch effort); but, I'd much rather just run Terraria 64-bit, and squeeze the most out of my machine since I paid the premium for it. What is the name of this 64-bit .bin launcher that you speak of? I can't seem to located it in the Terraria folder.

I have Windows 10 64-bit, 32GB RAM, and I have Terraria 32-bit on Steam. I have several mods installed, and the game runs, but it suffers from frame dips and occasional cashes which report that the game ran out of memory. Sure, I could uninstall some mods (which I will do as a last-ditch effort); but, I'd much rather just run Terraria 64-bit, and squeeze the most out of my machine since I paid the premium for it. What is the name of this 64-bit .bin launcher that you speak of? I can't seem to located it in the Terraria folder.

It apparently doesn't exist in the Windows version. For some reason it's only available for Linux (and possibly Mac, someone with a Mac would have to tell you for sure).

I must've misunderstood you then, sorry about that. ^^

I REALLY hope...Like, wish upon a star hope, that they make a Windows 64-bit Terraria...This needs to happen so badly. It's 2017, I wish all decently sized games at least gave the option of a 64-bit download.

I must've misunderstood you then, sorry about that. ^^

I REALLY hope...Like, wish upon a star hope, that they make a Windows 64-bit Terraria...This needs to happen so badly. It's 2017, I wish all decently sized games at least gave the option of a 64-bit download.
true dat

Can we make this a thing please? I'm currently running a heavily modded version of terraria which will not load due to 32-bit applications having a restricted RAM usage. Will a 64-bit version of the game ever be available?

If you download a virtual machine you can run a version of Linux with that whilst on windows and you can allocate as much ram as you want and download terraria on that which should allow you to have 64 bit terraria from my understanding

Back
Top Bottom