Blocks & Decoration A block to delay wire signals...

Do you like this idea and think it should be added?

• No. I don't like this, and it will be bad or hard to implement.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

InkyBendy

Terrarian
Okay, so I had an idea for using wires. A block that can delay the signal, so you can have more advanced timing.
xDb8SwT.png

Here is a sprite I quickly drew of how I think it would look like.
I think that the crafting recipe would use 5 wires, 1 cloth, 1 iron bar, and 1 watch. Depending on the type of watch you use, you can get a 1, 3, or 5 second delay. You craft this at an anvil.
It's just a simple idea, but it could open new possibility's in circuitry. I can think of uses for this, such as having a series of doors open one after the other using just one circuit instead of multiple. That is just a simple idea, but there is more you could do with this!

Seems like a good idea, it would save a lot of space as currently to get a delayed signal you have to pretty much use a statue and a pressure plate.

Reactions: Bry
While this would be good, it would not be necessary. There is a way to do it already, with an OR logic gate and a 5 second timer.
upload_2019-4-21_1-13-54.png

On the photo, the switch activates the 5 second timer. it will wait 5 seconds and activate the lamp on the logic gate. the timer is also connected to the logic gate, so the logic gate deactivates the 5 second timer. you then place another wiring on the logic gate, like i did with the green wire. What happens: i pull the switch, then 5 second after the actuators are going to activate/unactivate.

While this would be good, it would not be necessary. There is a way to do it already, with an OR logic gate and a 5 second timer.
View attachment 220054
On the photo, the switch activates the 5 second timer. it will wait 5 seconds and activate the lamp on the logic gate. the timer is also connected to the logic gate, so the logic gate deactivates the 5 second timer. you then place another wiring on the logic gate, like i did with the green wire. What happens: i pull the switch, then 5 second after the actuators are going to activate/unactivate.
Personally, I use dart traps a few blocks from teal pressure plates so I only send 1 signal in a pretty simple manner, along with adjustable delays. The issue is the dart cooldown of 3.33 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom