• Defensive Items

• NPC interractions

• More Crafting

• All of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nightlark

Steampunker
Things in Green are subject to change!
Introducing a new NPC: a champion to inspire the people in their time of need!
This NPC is modeled after a knight of old, complete with shining armor and a brilliant sword! Save him from his nemesis, the dragon, deep inside of the Dragon's Lair!
Qob8OCe.png
CNcsHtR.png

So, how exactly does our new champion inspire the people? By teaching them how to defend themselves! Once you have made The Knight a home, he will fight to protect your village to his last breath, and the others will follow his example! All NPCs will attack with custom weapons, dealing different damages (nothing game breaking, mind you! just enough to fend off a zombie or two pre-hardmode)! I am currently open to suggestions for custom NPC weapons and stats, though I do have a short list!
A true warrior with a valiant heart, The Knight's willpower and revolve strengthen when evil fills the air! During the blood moon and solar eclipse,
the knight Gains a new attack and produces a buff similar to the campfire or honey buff called None Shall Fall, essentially acting as a mobile camp-fire, as well as increasing his and other's defense slightly! Keep in mind that these changes only last until the blood moon or solar eclipse is over and only happen during the blood moon or solar eclipse. Other events do not cause The Knight to gain these buffs.
RoAYbpW.png
BqUqgPq.png

The other NPCs won't be outdone, though! Now that this great hero is among them, they are inspired in their crafts, selling new and exciting objects in order to aid in the defense of their home! The merchant will start selling special building materials, the mechanic and tinkerer will sell new and astounding traps, so on and so forth! If you have ideas for sellable items, please contribute!
The sell list for the knight is still a work in progress! Please contribute!
Sells "Jousing Lance" a mount item that summons the Warhorse Mount.
It moves incredibly fast left and right, but has a small jump! To differentiate it, running into enemies damages them and knocks them back (cause you have a lance!)
sells Shovel : weapon

Sells tower shield: reduces damage from the front.
Sells furniture: targets (look like simple targets you'd find on a practice field)
Sells Knights armor: Helmet+6 def, constantly regenerate at a small rate (+2/sec) Breastplate+12 def knockback +10%, grieves+6 def, increased melee speed (+2%) and movement speed (+3%). Set bonus, reduces all incoming damage by -2%, reduces jump height by two blocks
Sells Lance of Light: very slow spell that pierces through theoretically infinite enemies. loses damage with each enemy pierced. dissipates on block hit (with the exception of murder holes)
The Knight will use currency. To see an NPC that does not use currency, look here

Sells: toot toot - summons squire minion

During Halloween: Sells king costume. Sells Queen costume. Sells horse costume
So far, I've worked a bit on NPC weapons, and will continue working on stats, but would really like suggestions!
Pre-hardmode stats are in blue and hardmode stats are in red!
xjqlk3m.png
2LJAV0o.gif

Health: 350 - 400
Defense: 15 - 20
Attack 1 Sword slash: 15 - 28
Attack 2 Crossbow: 10 - 25
Knock back taken: 0
Knock back dealt: 4

None Shall Fall Range: see campfire
None Shall Fall defense increase: 5 - 10
None Shall Fall regeneration rate: 4/s - 8/s
Lance of Light: 20 - 40 Fires a high velocity bolt that pierces through up to three enemies
Here is a list of NPCs and their weapons (subject to change)
  • Merchant - Large Bag of treasure (slow, large knock back, medium damage)
  • Arms Dealer - Revolver (medium reload speed, low knock back, medium damage)
  • Demo Man - Grenade (super slow speed, high Knockback, high damage. doesn't damage himself, npcs, or the player)
  • Mechanic - wrench (fast, low knockback, low damage)
  • Tinkerer - Spike ball (same damage as standard spike ball, lasts less time)
  • Wizard - Water bolt
  • Guide - Laser (fast, piercing, no knockback, medium damage)
  • Pirate - Sabre/flintlock (swaps between)
  • Steampunker - Repeater (high speed, low knockback, low damage)
  • Cyborg - power fist/minigun (swaps between. pf: high knockback, high damage, slow mg: high speed, no knockback, super low damage)
  • Old Man/Clothier - Skeletron Arm (high damage, high knockback, high range, super slow)
  • Traveling Merchant - Katana (super fast, high damage, no knockback)
  • Nurse - Scalpel (effectively a short sword) drops hearts on kills
  • Stylist - Shaving razor (effectively a broadsword. zero knockback, fast)
  • Party Girl - Party canon (requires setup. hits like a freight train)
  • witch doctor - summons very short-lived voodoo doll (minions. not to be confused with the items)
  • Angler - fishing rod. great reach, low damage.
  • Dye Trader - smoke bomb (causes confused debuff, making enemies walk away)
  • Painter - paint sprayer (a low damage flamethrower that does not cause the on fire debuff)
The Dragon, fierce captor of our valiant hero, stalks the lower depths of the dungeon, in a room where others fear to tread!
Health - 6500
Defense - 14
Attack (Breath) - 25 damage (on fire effect chance 30%)
Attack (Claw) - 40
Drops: Dragon Bone, Dragon scales, Souls of Knight
Rare drop: Dragon Eye Talisman. (+2% gold/loot increase - quantity, not rarity. permanent spelunker potion buff
Rare drop: Dragon egg
Rare drop: Dragon Call (summons dragon minion to fight for you)
  • Scale plate helmet (-3% damage from ranged sources) 20 dragon scales, 5 dragon bones
  • Dragon plate mail breastplate (-3% damage from magic) 45 dragon scales, 15 dragon bones
  • Scale plate grieves (+3% money dropped from enemies) 35 dragon scales, 20 dragon bones
  • Set bonus 7 second immunity to lava (stacks with Lava waders, other)

• Redscale Cloak (5% resistance from "on fire" and "chilled" debuffs) 55 dragon scales, 3 dragon bones
  • Drag Reymsuf - breath weapon, provides a flame-thrower ability to mages. While not as powerful, and while it eats through mana rapidly, it has a slightly longer range.
    • 999 gel, 19 dragon bone, one book
  • Trail Blazers - hermes boots, 30 scales, 10 dragon bones, 100 gel. allows you to sprint, when sprinting you leave a trail of fire that daamges enemies
  • Dragon Climbing Claws (name WIP) - tiger climbing claws, 60 scales, 20 dragon bones. allow you to climb vertically up walls. 4% chance to light attackers on fire.
  • Dragon belt - black belt, 40 dragon scales, 10 dragon bones. 2% chance to light attackers on fire. slight chance to evade
  • Dragon Tabi - tabi, trail blazers. allows wearer to dash, and sprint. when dashing or sprinting, enemies are damaged by a trail of fire
  • Dragon Warrior (wip) - crafted with dragon climbing claws, dragon belt, and dragon tabi.wearer can climb vertically up walls, has a 6% chance to light attackers on fire, allows you to sprint, allows you to dash, creates fire trails when sprinting or dashing. small chance to dodge attacks

• Dragon Wings [trinket] (standard wing effects + bonus +3% damage reduction to fire and +20 mana. have an ember trail) 90 scales, 10 dragon bones, 15 souls of Knight, 15 souls of flight
  • Dragon's Breath [gun] (has a 30% chance to apply on-fire debuf. Uses mana.) 90 dragon scales, 50 dragon bones, 20 souls of Knight, 1 Broken Hero Sword, 1 Illegal Gun Parts
  • Gram [sword] (Applies on fire debuff, range extended in front of user, appears as a slash of fire a few blocks in front of them) 10 dragon scales, 90 dragon bones, 1 Broken Hero's Sword, 30 souls of Knight, 10 souls of might

• Drinking Horn (summons dragon - variant to the first [wip] 1 gold coin, 1 ale, 5 bone
  • More to come!
  • Merchant
    • New Block "Murder hole"
      • works like a standard block
      • allows projectiles through
      • doesn't allow enemies, allies, or you through
      • pro: can fire through block
      • con: enemies can fire through your block
    • stack-able furniture "Barricade"
      • Works like a wall, but enemies and NPCs can't pass (with the exception of the knight)
      • has health and defense (based on material made out of)
      • stone, wood, steel, and sand (more to come?)
  • Arms Dealer
    • Blunderbuss
      • high damage for prehardmode
      • consumes one of each type of (viable) ammo you have (up to four different types of bullets/arrows)
      • uses both bullets in arrows
      • if you have only one type of ammo, it uses four from the same type
      • shoots out four rounds (each having individual effects based on the types used)
    • Ballista
      • works like dart trap
      • deals more damage
      • pierces twice
      • applies "broken armor"
  • Mechanic
    • Draw Bridge
      • activate to swap between a door and a bridge
      • not breakable during invasions/open-able during blood moons by enemies
    • Siege Cauldron
      • can be filled with any liquid
      • when activated, pours contents out
      • must be refilled
  • Tinkerer
    • Spike trap
      • Applies "broken armor" debuff that halves defense for 2 seconds
    • Bolo/net trap
      • slows targets
      • no damage
    • gas trap
      • AOE poison 3 seconds
      • no initial damage
  • Demoman
    • Claymore
      • acts like a pressure pad
      • don't require wiring
      • single-use, must be replaced
      • .5 mine damage
      • directed blast forward. "forward" depends on where you're facing when you place it
    • Barrel bomb
      • Furniture
      • enemies destroy it, they explode (has health)
      • can be damaged by and damage you
      • doesn't damage blocks

EDIT!
General
  • "What a radiant day for jolly cooperation"
  • "What a lovely day to praise the sun"
  • "Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll?"
  • "All hail The Emperor"
  • "Have you seen any heretics lately?"
  • "No Lollygagging."
  • "T'is But a flesh wound!"
  • "I don't like [arms dealer name]. Only cowards use guns."
  • "Don't tell them I put a point into dexterity."
  • "I wonder... what's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
  • "The snow biome belongs to the nords!"
During events

• At the start of the blood moon: "The Emperor protects!"
  • At the start of the blood moon: "Fus Ro Dah!"
Concept sprites by Luke Oliveem!

Last edited:
Nice! But the boss seems a bit out of place. 2 PHM dungeon bosses? Maybe a new minibiome called "dragon's lair" (in forest cavern layer, with gold piles etc.) where it spawns instead? Then you can have multiple per world, and make the Knight spawn after you've killed him once.

Oh, and:
1. Soul of fire doesn't follow the Soul of -ight system. What about Soul of Knight or Plight?
2. The wings should require 20 souls of each.
3. You didn't mention the amount of items dropped per kill.

Last edited:
Nice! But the boss seems a bit out of place. 2 PHM dungeon bosses? Maybe a new minibiome called "dragon's lair" (in forest cavern layer, with gold piles etc.) where it spawns instead? Then you can have multiple per world, and make the Knight spawn after you've killed him once.

Oh, and:
1. Soul of fire doesn't follow the Soul of -ight system. What about Soul of Knight or Plight?
2. The wings should require 20 souls of each.
3. You didn't mention the amount of items dropped per kill.

Souls of knight sounds best! thanks for this tip, I'll change it right after posting this!
Same for the quantity needed!

I'm really unsure honestly about the drop amount, and - like everything on this post - am really open to suggestions!

BRB adding dragon's lair and the changes to souls!

Alright, I'm liking the idea, I'd worry less about my dear Cyborg dying.

Since it's a whole new biome and it's based on dragons, maybe some of the loot in the area can be the gear of previous, now-deceased knights? Like, broken swords/shields/armour that can be re-smelt into iron bars or into the original item (being a sword or such).

I got an item you could consider. It's a spear named Bonebush, basically it's like a normal spear with a insane load of sharpened bone pieces and on every attack you do, it launches a piece of sharp bone forward.

I was also thinking something along the lines of a Bone shard shooter but I don't think the Arms Dealer is going to do that...

Seems like a good idea, (I've also seen someone added a suggestion about the NPC's defending themselves)
Though, the dragon, perphaps you should increase the Attack (Range) to either 25-55, Attack (Melee) 30-60, Defense to 18-25 (just an opinion),
cause the dragon seem a bit weak with a little great drops. Is this dragon a pre-hardmode or hardmode?
Oh yeah, where do you want to let this dragon live?, in the lower dungeon parts or the Forest lower sectioned caves?
:)

Alright, I'm liking the idea, I'd worry less about my dear Cyborg dying.

Since it's a whole new biome and it's based on dragons, maybe some of the loot in the area can be the gear of previous, now-deceased knights? Like, broken swords/shields/armour that can be re-smelt into iron bars or into the original item (being a sword or such).

I got an item you could consider. It's a spear named Bonebush, basically it's like a normal spear with a insane load of sharpened bone pieces and on every attack you do, it launches a piece of sharp bone forward.

I was also thinking something along the lines of a Bone shard shooter but I don't think the Arms Dealer is going to do that...

I don't plan on having any of the NPCs sell weapons (yet) aside from the night, but it's definitely an idea through crafting!

Seems like a good idea, (I've also seen someone added a suggestion about the NPC's defending themselves)
Though, the dragon, perphaps you should increase the Attack (Range) to either 25-55, Attack (Melee) 30-60, Defense to 18-25 (just an opinion),
cause the dragon seem a bit weak with a little great drops. Is this dragon a pre-hardmode or hardmode?
Oh yeah, where do you want to let this dragon live?, in the lower dungeon parts or the Forest lower sectioned caves?
:)

I'm really greatful for this suggestion. one of my fears was making the dragon too overpowered but if you think he needs to be stronger, I'm all for it! It is both a pre-hardmode and hardmode boss. perhaps it could be a mechanical one, but I don't think it's on par with the trinity already! as for where it spawns... I think the dragon lair mini-biom could connect to a lower part of the dungeon, or maybe somewhere between the underground and the underworld?

I'm really greatful for this suggestion. one of my fears was making the dragon too overpowered but if you think he needs to be stronger, I'm all for it! It is both a pre-hardmode and hardmode boss. perhaps it could be a mechanical one, but I don't think it's on par with the trinity already! as for where it spawns... I think the dragon lair mini-biom could connect to a lower part of the dungeon, or maybe somewhere between the underground and the underworld?

Well right now, the dragon is as low damage as some other pre-hardmode mobs, you may need more balancing,
so, how do you summon the Dragon anyway, is it a boss or a miniboss? perphaps, if it were a boss, you may need something
that can summon it and if it is a miniboss, it will either show up instantly and attack the player or depends on you,

You forgot some details on the Dragon, :)

Well right now, the dragon is as low damage as some other pre-hardmode mobs, you may need more balancing,
so, how do you summon the Dragon anyway, is it a boss or a miniboss? perphaps, if it were a boss, you may need something
that can summon it and if it is a miniboss, it will either show up instantly and attack the player or depends on you,

You forgot some details on the Dragon, :)

can you suggest some stat increases?
also, I said you build drinking horns in order to summon it...

I think that another way to summon the dragon -could- be after you have looted a specific number of chests. Seeing how dragons are treasure hoarders, I will not be surprised to see a dozen or so gold chests strewn about. Maybe after 4-3 chests are looted, the dragon spawns?

I think that another way to summon the dragon -could- be after you have looted a specific number of chests. Seeing how dragons are treasure hoarders, I will not be surprised to see a dozen or so gold chests strewn about. Maybe after 4-3 chests are looted, the dragon spawns?

considering the number of overworld chests that are available from the start, no, but possibly once a certain number of special chests are unlocked?

considering the number of overworld chests that are available from the start, no, but possibly once a certain number of special chests are unlocked?

Verily. The special chests could be gem-decorated gold chests. Or something in that spirit.

Perphaps, you could just make this only Hardmode, cause it can get conflict with the pre-hardmode one, since the drop loots are somewhat
a little good or either great, since you recall this one as a boss aswell, I guess 75-85 (Melee), 70-80 (Range), Defense 15-18, the Health will do,
only for Hardmode, though I'm not sure if the stats are too strong or otherwise a little weak, its just a suggestion,

(The ideas for summoning this is on to you, though, here is some idea, perhaps if you arrived at the Dragon's Lair, and you
see an odd looking chest(something different from the others) and when you open it, the Dragon is summoned,)

Perphaps, you could just make this only Hardmode, cause it can get conflict with the pre-hardmode one, since the drop loots are somewhat
a little good or either great, since you recall this one as a boss aswell, I guess 75-85 (Melee), 70-80 (Range), Defense 15-18, the Health will do,
only for Hardmode, though I'm not sure if the stats are too strong or otherwise a little weak, its just a suggestion,

(The ideas for summoning this is on to you, though, here is some idea, perhaps if you arrived at the Dragon's Lair, and you
see an odd looking chest(something different from the others) and when you open it, the Dragon is summoned,)

The drinking horn is one of the many references in here. using it in the dragon's layer or outside of it will summon the dragon. It's a reference to Beowulf

This npc doesn't deserve the label 'Champion'. Afterall, my pc's are the only true champions in my worlds! :cool:
Npc's only stand around in the beautiful houses I made for them. Champions? Freeloaders! o_O

This npc doesn't deserve the label 'Champion'. Afterall, my pc's are the only true champions in my worlds! :cool:
Npc's only stand around in the beautiful houses I made for them. Champions? Freeloaders! o_O

to be fair your only powers are the ability to use random items and drown

I like it. An original take on a really-not-so original idea. Just thought I'd let you know, there are already land mines in the game that work exactly like the ones you described.
Seal of Approval.png

Back
Top Bottom