PC A completely broken game...

Communisted

Terrarian
One day I was reinstalling Terraria, It was all fine until I tried to play the game, It keeps on saying that Terraria has stopped working, (Steam: PC) And I go ahead and delete all the terraria files and start fresh, I even use the Steam file check, and it said "1 file failed to be checked and will be redownloaded" which don't do :red: at all, It did not download anything; I need Advice on how to fix this, Otherwise I want a refund. Thank you

-A terraria player (annoyed and upset with the problem.)

Let's enable logs and see if it can give us any clues as to what might be happening.

Use the method below then trigger the crash and fetch the logs.

0eiPNMV.png

Nothing happened, Maybe I'm just stupid but it always gives me this when I try to click Play, When I typed in -logerrors -logfile there's nothing popping up at all. Weird huh?

:red:...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    45.4 KB · Views: 99
Nothing happened, Maybe I'm just stupid but it always gives me this when I try to click Play, When I typed in -logerrors -logfile there's nothing popping up at all. Weird huh?

:red:...

Well, nothing will pop up, but a log file should be stored in \Documents\My Games\Terraria\Logs.

Is there no log file present?

Edit: Also, if you start TerrariaServer.exe located in your install directory what message is displayed in the console?

Though, I opened the TerrariaServer.exe It always show up the same thing which is the picture I sent you earlier, I don't know what is breaking the thing.

Alright then let's reinstall XNA and if that doesn't work we'll take a look at the event viewer for details on the crash.

First uninstall XNA using the control panel then download and install XNA from here.

how do I use XNA? please tell me how to use it step by step, I'm completely new to this

sorry for the bother

Are you familiar with how to uninstall a program? If you aren't, I can walk you through it, but it's the exact same way to uninstall a program through the control panel.

Are you familiar with how to uninstall a program? If you aren't, I can walk you through it, but it's the exact same way to uninstall a program through the control panel.
No, no I am not familiar with any of these things. Would you be so kind walk me through it? Thank you and sorry for the slowly reply following with the bother

No, no I am not familiar with any of these things. Would you be so kind walk me through it? Thank you and sorry for the slowly reply following with the bother

This guide should shed light on how one would uninstall a program. Uninstall XNA, then once it's uninstalled you can install it again using my link above.

Just to be completely and 100% sure, you've deleted files from both the Documents area and the Steam folder?

Replace your user profile name as required, of course. I'm assuming it's on your C drive as it's the default, and most folks don't change away from it.

C:\Users\userprofilename\Documents\Terraria
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria

You can copy either of those two lines, open up Windows Explorer with [WINDOWS]+[E} and paste it into the address bar at the top

As far as I'm aware, only once both of those folders are gone (Or renamed?) completely have you removed any physical Terraria-files in its entirety and can reinstall it once again, though also choosing "Uninstall" from Steam first, just in case.

It's how I solve all bizarre and unexplained issues, really.

Oh, also, you've had all of your Windows patches, yes? It's not a fresh installation of Windows that hasn't been patched much yet?

Theres... Nothing. The thing is Terraria didnt even start up, it just show the text that Terraria stopped working. Though the game didn't even start

So what happens if there is no folder at either location I listed? Both locations. Rename or delete the root "Terraria" folders completely so it doesn't even have a chance to have incorrect files, and can redownload the appropriate files from Steam without any interference from pre-existant files and folders.

Just to be completely and 100% sure, you've deleted files from both the Documents area and the Steam folder?

Replace your user profile name as required, of course. I'm assuming it's on your C drive as it's the default, and most folks don't change away from it.

C:\Users\userprofilename\Documents\Terraria
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria

You can copy either of those two lines, open up Windows Explorer with [WINDOWS]+[E} and paste it into the address bar at the top

As far as I'm aware, only once both of those folders are gone (Or renamed?) completely have you removed any physical Terraria-files in its entirety and can reinstall it once again, though also choosing "Uninstall" from Steam first, just in case.

It's how I solve all bizarre and unexplained issues, really.

Oh, also, you've had all of your Windows patches, yes? It's not a fresh installation of Windows that hasn't been patched much yet?
I did what you have said exactly, but still... No progress at all?

Back
Top Bottom