Hardmode Armor Tier List

To be fair though, who actually uses warding except for things like fishing and mining armor builds? Otherwise it is very wasteful seeing as realistically speaking interactions do not change for the most part. I am not only talking about bosses though I am also talking about those high damage enemies like Giant Tortoises(very high damage), Sand Poachers(Acid Venom only), Jungle Creepers(so frail after the nerf), and Black Recluses. Generally speaking defense is a very small aspect of armor to be rated when we are judging damage by interaction changes against Bosses and Powerful Enemies ±15%(range in damage). DPS, Mobility, Damage Reduction + unique property to utilize are far more important to these kind of threats.

Generally speaking defense is a very small aspect of armor
1665208763250.png

master mode btw

Wouldn't you just be better off just dodging the attack and finish the boss faster to save time. Clearly if you reached that point in master face tanking should not be a viable strategy no(except against Plantera)? What is your build to tank that much damage?
Let's say that the same attack would have done 80 damage if I were using a more offensive loadout (most of them having somewhere around 50 defense, compared to ~120 defense with this set). By reducing the damage to 10, my survivability increased eightfold.

I could certainly run a more offensive set and defeat the boss faster, but do you think the offensive set would allow me to defeat the boss eight times faster?

I'd make an argument for the chlorophyte set to move up to A now. The leaf crystal buff makes it a very consistent damage source, and you can decraft it with shimmer once it has outlived its usefulness to get the chlorophyte back.

Fair, actually. I forgot about shimmer when updating these ranks. Moved it up to A tier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom