A Concept for an Undertale MMORPG

What do you think of this concept as a whole?

• It's barely fleshed out, I'd like to wait and see before I make any decisions on if it's cool or not

• It's an AMAZING concept, I can't wait to hear your ideas on it!

• Eh, I like Undertale and its AUs as they are. Don't ruin them for me.

Results are only viewable after voting.

G1!+¢h+r@p

Torch God
Hey, everyone! I've had a bunch of random thoughts and ideas that all were along the lines of "What if Undertale was an MMORPG?" I decided I would -albeit slowly and depending on when I'm in the mood- compile all of those thoughts and ideas right here on TCF, free for anyone to take inspiration from and use (with my permission and credit given to me, of course)! The reason I made it a thread on TCF instead of, say, a Google Doc is that I wanted people to be able to offer suggestions, ideas, or just plain old give their opinion on a particular concept or idea of mine. So, here goes!

Anything that I come up with will appear here on the title post, so check here often for anything new! Also, don't forget to put your opinions on any polls that pop up when I make them!

Basically, the entire MMORPG is going to revolve around your character/OC (we'll get to character creation later) existing in the Undertale universe, and eventually beyond that, traveling to various AUs and the like. It won't be an open world, or at least not the open world you're used to. It's an open Multiverse, as I like to call it. Closed Universes (Example: You're limited to the Underground in Undertale, even if you beat it on Pacifist; no exploring the surface afterward, since there's no story for it Undertale), with the ability to travel to new ones as you get stronger. Think of it like Pokemon, in a sense. Limited areas to travel initially, but you unlock new places as you improve. Monster encounters (at least, non-boss monsters) would work similarly to Wild Pokemon encounters as well. Also, fights would be turn-based instead of real-time, since that makes it easiest for the Undertale-to-MMO transition. Remember that this is up for debate, as it is a concept. I would LOVE to hear if you have any better ideas since it's kinda hard to transform the single-player, closed-world RPG that is Undertale into an open-world MMORPG. There are three routes you can take, obviously: Pacifist, Genocide, and Neutral. Each one changes the story you get in the game, what items you may or may not get, and which AUs you have access to. More on that in the next section (which I'm posting soon, I just needed to get this thread posted before I got bored of typing xD).

Keep in mind that more WILL be posted. If you're left hanging or confused, just be patient! I'm getting around to making more eventually, so cheer up!

As cool as this idea sounds, all I can think of is how much of a pain it would be to get permission for all of the stuff, and that’s before we even think about programming something like that. As someone who has 0 coding skill, about a 2/10 with music, and is horrible at drawing 3D art styles, I’m not sure how much there’d be that I could contribute.

As cool as this idea sounds, all I can think of is how much of a pain it would be to get permission for all of the stuff, and that’s before we even think about programming something like that. As someone who has 0 coding skill, about a 2/10 with music, and is horrible at drawing 3D art styles, I’m not sure how much there’d be that I could contribute.
It's just a concept, don't worry. I know and realize how much of a pain this kind of thing would be to accomplish lol.

Back
Top Bottom