Items A Consumable Made From Life Fruit

Life Fruit are very useful, because the jump in maximum health from 400 to 500 (480 to 600 with Lifeforce Potions) makes a big difference. However, unlike Life Crystals, which can be made into Heart Lanterns once 400 life has been attained, Life Fruit become completely useless and make it harder to find other things detected by the Metal Detector. I think that Life Fruit should be able to be crafted into a potion that, when consumed, increases life regeneration by an amount that increases the lower your health gets, and reduces the delay before regenerating health. If you have any other ideas, please tell me!

Last edited:
Life Fruit are very useful, because the jump in maximum health from 400 to 500 (480 to 600 with Lifeforce Potions) makes a big difference. However, unlike Life Crystals, which can be made into Heart Lanterns once 400 life has been attained, Life Fruit become completely useless and make it harder to find other things detected by the Metal Detector. I think that Life Fruit should be able to be crafted into a food item that, when consumed, increases life regeneration and reduces the delay before regenerating health. If you have more original and unique ideas, please tell me!
All Food items have some variation of the well fed buff. I think it would logically fit better as a potion.

It could maybe be made with Regen Potion, Life Fruit and maybe Fireblossom (Fireblossom doesn’t have enough important recipes) and make it an upgrade to the Regen Potion. To keep it from being too strong, maybe it shouldn’t be able to stack with Regen, same way different Well Fed or Flask buffs don’t.

Love the idea though, good way to give Life Fruit more purpose.

I have an idea: reduces the hitbox of a player.

Another more well-thought out idea: Instead of Boosting your regenration, why not sabotage the thing that is reducing it? So the idea came.The potion that made from life fruits grants a buff that decreases the impact of damaging debuffs by 2 dps, and also cuts the duration of most of the debuffs in half. It would not only reduce debuff damage, but debuffs like moon leech and bleeding, poison, etc that could really hurt your life regenration.

Last edited:
Here's an idea: Greater Restoration Potion:
Water Bottle (3)
Glowing Mushroom (30)
Life Fruit (3)
Makes 3 Greater Restoration Potions
Make at Bottle/Alchemy Table
Restores 100 HP + 100 Mana
Inflicts Debuff Potion Sickness:
30 Seconds
Inflicts Debuff Mana Sickness:
3 Seconds

Last edited:
Here's an idea: Greater Restoration Potion:
Water Bottle (3)
Glowing Mushroom (30)
Life Fruit (3)
Restores 100 HP + 100 Mana
Inflicts Debuff Potion Sickness:
30 Seconds
Inflicts Debuff Mana Sickness:
3 Seconds
Good idea, but I think that 3 life fruit is too much. Also, as of 1.4, Restoration Potions no longer restore mana.

Yeah, the mana was a bit much. About the life fruits though: This potion is the equivalent to a Super Healing Potion. If we could get these EASILY in early hardmode, it would make the Mech bosses way too easy.

Natural life regen is based on max health, and life fruits increase max health, so maybe it could make natural regen act as if you had double max life.

It has to be something more than regen though, because there are a lot of regen effects in the game and a regen potion that already exists.

Ooh, another idea: Something like Minecraft's absorption hearts would be pretty nice. And it would fit with life fruit's main functionality.

Mega healing potion:
- 1 Life fruit
- 1 Super Healing potion
- 1 regeneration potion
Heals 250 health and greatly increases life regeneration for 10 minutes.
30 seconds of Potion Sickness Debuff.

I don’t think it should be a healing potion. There’s no reason we need a new healing potion between Greater and Super (or after Super), and doing so would just be powercreep. Plus Life Fruit are too rare to be used for healing potions, since you use so many more healing potions than buff potions.

It also shouldn’t be yet another health regen buff. Well Fed and Regen Potion both do exactly that, and Honey, Campfires, and Heart Lanterns do as well.

I like the original idea the best, where it gives the player a Charm of Myths effect. It comes after Charm of Myths in progression and you can abuse autopause to get the effect without an accessory slot anyway, so it wouldn’t be too strong. I also like Etothepi’s absorption hearts, but it would need a reasonable cooldown and a cap so you can’t just stack it and so it doesn’t end up just being a more complicated healing potion.

What if it gave 15-30 minutes of both Exquisitely Stuffed and Regeneration? Seafood Dinners make exquisitely stuffed impossible not to get basically infinite of long before hardmode starts, and regeneration potions are among the cheapest in the game, so it would serve as quality of life more than anything.

What if it gave 15-30 minutes of both Exquisitely Stuffed and Regeneration? Seafood Dinners make exquisitely stuffed impossible not to get basically infinite of long before hardmode starts, and regeneration potions are among the cheapest in the game, so it would serve as quality of life more than anything.
It should probably cost several life fruits then, I feel like 1 would make it too cheap.
Mega healing potion:
- 1 Life fruit
- 1 Super Healing potion
- 1 regeneration potion
Heals 250 health and greatly increases life regeneration for 10 minutes.
30 seconds of Potion Sickness Debuff.
That would make the Moon Lord fight way too easy. Add in some luminite and it'd be ok.

Back
Top Bottom