Items A Consumable Made From Life Fruit

Buy the time you unlock Super Healing Potions, you are expected to have the resources to make a Life Fruit farm. As such, 1 Life Fruit per potion is not a good amount.

It should probably cost several life fruits then, I feel like 1 would make it too cheap.

That would make the Moon Lord fight way too easy. Add in some luminite and it'd be ok.
No, you can only get the super healing potion with moonlord, so it is not overpowered.

You can craft super healing potions out a fragments, and you are expected to do so for the moon lord fight. This change would make the already powerful super healing potions about 4 times more powerful, which would not be balanced at all.
But you can use the Nurse, that is already overpowered, PLUS, Moonlord in 1.4 version can kill you with more ease because of his Deathray that can pass through blocks. So, no.

It should probably cost several life fruits then, I feel like 1 would make it too cheap.
No it wouldn't. Every single fish above Bass tier can make Seafood Dinners, and Regeneration Potions as long as you have an herb farm just need an extremely common plant (mushrooms) from the most common biome for an infinite source as well. This is Pre-Boss, might I add. Life Fruit are way farther in the game than both of these things and aren't exactly common.

The Nurse is also expensive and considered cheaty by most players. Why do you want there to be a Pre-ML potion that is 4 times as strong as the strongest Pre-ML healing potion in the first place?
The Nurse is NOT expensive, and I just want it as an upgrade because when we are Endgame we have a really bad Healing potion. And my suggested potion is not 4 times stronger, the Super healing potion heals 200 Hp, while Mega healing potion would heal 250, it's not too much.

No it wouldn't. Every single fish above Bass tier can make Seafood Dinners, and Regeneration Potions as long as you have an herb farm just need an extremely common plant from the most common biome (mushrooms) for an infinite source as well. This is Pre-Boss, might I add. You're way farther in the game than both of these things and life fruit aren't exactly common.
I am pretty sure that 8 potion fish would be harder to get than 1 life fruit, especially when life fruit have had a chance to grow for a while.
TerrarianGamer said:
The Nurse is NOT expensive, and I just want it as an upgrade because when we are Endgame we have a really bad Healing potion. And my suggested potion is not 4 times stronger, the Super healing potion heals 200 Hp, while Mega healing potion would heal 250, it's not too much.
Well you also said the cool down would be half as much, and the added regen does a lot, so yes, it would be about 4 times as strong. Besides, endgame is post-ML, just move the potion to there and then we don't have to worry about balance at much.

The Nurse is also expensive and considered cheaty by most players. Why do you want there to be a Pre-ML potion that is 4 times as strong as the strongest Pre-ML healing potion in the first place?
The Nurse isn’t expensive if you take into consideration NPC Happiness. If you put her with the Arms Dealer with no other NPCs nearby, her prices go down a lot.

I am pretty sure that 8 potion fish would be harder to get than 1 life fruit, especially when life fruit have had a chance to grow for a while.
Again, No. Considering Honeyfin exist and you literally can't catch bass from honey fishing, there's absolutely no challenge involved. Also, You're forgetting that literally the first 20 life fruit won't even be crafted into anything because you're using them to increase your health, so by the time you've waited enough to make them a consistent food source you've absolutely earned it.

And when I meant healing, I meant high amounts of regen. Are we talking Palladium Set Bonus here? That post wasn't very specific.

Okay, but Nurse and healing potions are different things. The 200 HP potions we have right now exist *specifically* for the Moon Lord, and are considered fine by most players. This potion would heal 500 HP in the same period of time that Super can heal 200, plus tack on “greatly” increased life regen (what is greatly? in OOA terms, that is 4 hp/s which is another 240 HP in the cooldown of Super Healing).

That’s 740 HP regenerated in a minute, assuming 4 hp/s of regen. These potions would literally make you invincible against the Moon Lord, and then whaf point is there in being the final boss? The Nurse requires a special setup around her, is a huge cash drain, and can die, these are just an overpowered replacement for Super Healing which aren’t that expensive to craft. And Nurse is considered cheating by a lot of players to begin with.
But you can use the Nurse, that is already overpowered, PLUS, Moonlord in 1.4 version can kill you with more ease because of his Deathray that can pass through blocks. So, no.

Okay, but Nurse and healing potions are different things. The 200 HP potions we have right now exist *specifically* for the Moon Lord, and are considered fine by most players. This potion would heal 500 HP in the same period of time that Super can heal 200, plus tack on “greatly” increased life regen (what is greatly? in OOA terms, that is 4 hp/s which is another 240 HP in the cooldown of Super Healing).

That’s 740 HP regenerated in a minute, assuming 4 hp/s of regen. These potions would literally make you invincible against the Moon Lord, and then whaf point is there in being the final boss? The Nurse requires a special setup around her, is a huge cash drain, and can die, these are just an overpowered replacement for Super Healing which aren’t that expensive to craft. And Nurse is considered cheating by a lot of players to begin with.
Hm, ok, I'm seeing that I went through a lot. I hadn't thought of that, but when your world is in master mode, you will have a lot more difficulties to go through.

Then, on second thought, it would not be so exaggerated because in this mode you can easily die even to a green slime.

That potion you made is a full heal in a MINUTE, which is basically unnecessary when you're battling. 300 would be more than fine instead.

crop i forgot about life juice in my post, that would be the hardmode version of the restoration potion, healing slighly less than greater healing potion but with decreased potion cooldown

Back
Top Bottom