Map-Adventure "A Crim Fate"

I got a few concepts for future maps I want to work on. Which would interest you the most?

• A sequel to A Crim Fate

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • A huge open world, RPG esque map

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • A team-based PvP map with different classes (Basically Team Fortress 2)

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • A brand new unique stealth-based assassin kind of map

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Something else! (Tell in comments)

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • NOTHING. This map sucks and you can not improve. I don't want to see you in the map section again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RealSaucer

Skeletron
A Crim Fate
A Crim Fate is a map about a world plagued by the menacing Crimson. Every day the evil grows stronger, and approaches your home, the peaceful village of Mallowton. A call for help sends you on a long jorney, through lands that once were healthy and lush, but now are a wasteland of blood and flesh. Loot, side quests, and exciting battles await in this single-player story-driven adventure!

In this map, even though it's quite linear, you are given a lot of choices. These in turn make you able to decide the difficulty. For extra challenge you may skip a few life crystals, skip some golden chests, or choose a more dangerous path.
Credits:

Map built by Zuazzer

Massive
thanks to my beta-testers @Architect and @Fury, and also to Nanomelon who tested the map a few times.
Without them the map wouldn't be half as good as it is!

Name idea by [B]@Architect[/B]

Also huge thanks for all those who came with kind words on the Work-in-progress post!

(If you think I've forgotten someone, just tell me and I'll add them here!)

Download

How to install

Open or extract the .zip file

Copy the A Crim Fate.wld file

Navigate to your worlds folder, it should be located in Documents>My Games>Terraria>Worlds

Paste the A Crim Fate.wld file

Now when you start up Terraria, the map will be fully playable.

Playthroughs and videos

If you're going to make any videos of this map, please share them and I will definitely feature them right here!

If you're going to stream the map, please tell me sometime beforehand so I can be there!

Finally:

If you have any issues, or find any bugs, or have an idea on how the map could be improved, please tell me!
This is my very first map, and you can never have enough constructive criticism!

Also, if you have any art or something else that could make this thread prettier, please share them!
That includes banners!

Last edited:
I added a poll, just to use for reference when I decide what kind of map to make next. Of course this poll doesn't mean everything. I might just take the least popular answer because that's what I want to do.

Great to see the map finally released :)
Have been waiting for it quite some time, so I wanted to give it a try right away, the thing is:
The teleporter at the beginning is not working, destroying and replacing it does not work either, so unless I'm just really stupid, you might want to look into that ;P

Quite unfortunate that there was a vote for "I don't want to see you here again"...

Looks great, and very good title! Playing ASAP!!!

Also, a bit of wire for the first teleporter is missing, so I used TEdit to fix that for now...

Last edited:
Quite unfortunate that there was a vote for "I don't want to see you here again"...
That was me :p I hate seeing polls I haven't voted for but wanted to stay neutral, you know.

And of course I uploaded the wrong thing even though I am 100% sure I fixed that in Tedit. You have no idea how many times this happened during beta testing i hate this so.much.

And of course I won't be able to fix it until late tonight. That was fun to wake up to. I'll put out a disclaimer.

Last edited:
by the way, does the background of your profile pic represent crimson and corruption? I've always been wondering.

MERGING DOUBLE POST (Sorry moderators):
also, I randomly get messages such as "The temple is quaking" and other things of the sort.
Also, the room with iron and 3 boulders doesn't work properly.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that maps like this are still being made!
Although, the final boss was extremely easy and the minecart area with the blue torches was a bit confusing, but the map was fun and i'd love to see more!
unknown.png

I'm glad to see that maps like this are still being made!
Although, the final boss was extremely easy and the minecart area with the blue torches was a bit confusing, but the map was fun and i'd love to see more!
unknown.png
Was the boss 1 or 3 brains of cthulhu? I'm worried that I got the wrong version of the map even though it shouldn't be possible

I just finished it, and it was very good. The map was beautifully built, and the story/dialogue were well written. I can't say there was anything mind blowing about the mechanical part of the map, but it was reasonably good and better than many adventure maps out there. Overall it was well done and I really enjoyed it. My score was 9 chalices and 14 topaz for a total score of 23.

Although, now that I think of it, there was one suggestion I had for this. During my play through I picked up many items from chests that I never ended up needing/using. Because of this I had to start deleting things I thought I wouldn't be needing. I suggest either taking out some of those random items out of the chests/barrels or giving the player the money trough.

You really managed to nail the atmosphere of the story with your builds :happy:
Also regarding the previously mentioned sidequest:
The Quest for the smith in the secret settlement after the mines, where you are supposed to collect 5 iron ore with a tin pickaxe is the problematic one:
x3h3j7.jpg

The "Passage" to the left, that is wired and covered with actuators, is not opening, nor is a message or simmilar displayed when stepping on the pressureplate.
And the Gold Armor Chest in the treasure room above contains 25 Gold bars instead of greaves, which means the the full armor set can only be obtained by taking the gold bars from the room above the 'gathering hall', so I am unsure whether that is intentional or not.
On a funny note, The King Slime boss followed me after I died instead of despawning:
1z6ftoz.jpg

Those things didn't keep me from enjoying your map though;):D
[doublepost=1488671408,1488670927][/doublepost]
Although, now that I think of it, there was one suggestion I had for this. During my play through I picked up many items from chests that I never ended up needing/using. Because of this I had to start deleting things I thought I wouldn't be needing. I suggest either taking out some of those random items out of the chests/barrels or giving the player the money trough.
I ended up grabbing a safe from another world so I highly recommend the money trough suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom