Story A Death Wish

Sonnette

Retinazer
Hello! A Death Wish is a fantasy story about a new Witch that has entered a society of magic users, when extraordinary things start happening.

I am the only author of this story.

--- --- ---

Black walls, mechanical grinding, what is this? Where am I? What is that sound?

The only thing I can remember right now is that I have claustrophobia. Well, not so much of a memory as a realization. The best I can tell, I am in a box about 7 feet tall, and a round encasing about 4 feet in diameter. It's snug, but I can move.

All of a sudden, the grinding stops, and I go flying up. Only now I realize how fast I was accelerating. I hear a crunching sound from behind me, and realize an exit is slowly appearing.

"Look, it's the newcomer!" I hear a feminine voice behind me.

"Shush, Milla, she's probably already frightened enough!" said a man. I suddenly felt an advancing wall push me back. I fell over, and saw about 80 men and 30 women.

"Hi, there, I'm Raoul and this is Milla, we are the two head counselors here at this prison, commonly known as the Cavern of Magic. We call it this because magic causes many unnatural causes to happen, and senior members generally get powers." says a middle-aged man with the same voice I heard talking to Milla. He had Black hair, one green and one blue eye, and a deep tan. Milla smiled at me, and appeared to be about 20, with red hair and very pale skin, with silky robes on.

When I tried to talk, my voice sounded raspy, but Milla muttered an incromprehensible curse under her mouth, and my voice suddenly comes out easily, "Why are you so much younger than him?" I ask Milla.

"Oh, I am much, much older than him. I am about 350 years old," she laughs when she sees me gaping. "This is a very old preserve, and I am the oldest and most powerful Sorcerer here. The most powerful of us can control our appearance and grant near-immortality to themselves. I was only about 6 years old when I arrived, arguably the youngest newly arrived. I am perhaps the only one who remembers the creator of this realm."

"I don't understand. I don't remember anything. Why are we here? What do you mean, creator? Can you explain all of this to me?!"

Milla giggled with girls who looked similar to her, supposedly her friends, and said "Sure, let me go ahead and describe the history of these caves. To begin, a mighty warlock named Medrod was locked into close combat with his nemesis, Epona, a sorceress. Females have always been predominantly the greater users of magic, but at the time even female adepts at magic were becoming scarce. To prevent Epona from wiping out the last apprentices of him, he locked them all up in these caverns, resistant to outside magic. I was the third greatest magic user at the time, despite my slight age. Epona kidnapped me in efforts to make Medrod surrender, but instead he used all of his energy to send me here and create an automatic transportation system to find the most skilled witches or warlocks of the time. It has been sending more recently, however the sudden decrease in new female witches was disturbing. You are the fourth newcomer this month, however the only female in 3 months. Of course, we used to only get one or two newcomers a year. You likely cannot remember your name, and the name setting ceremony will be tomorrow."
The rest of the day went by fast, and I was pretty numb anyways. Most people just came by and greeted me. I passed out relatively fast, but I had no dreams. It seems as soon as I closed my eyes I woke to Milla shaking me awake.

"You're a heavy sleeper, I was about to use an energy incantation." I yawned, eyes still closed, and Milla laughed. "I still might have to. Raoul has set up the Name Setting Ceremony. Have you prepared a name yet?"

"Yes, actually. I think I'm going to go with Freya and-" All of a sudden the room shook and water flooded the room.

Milla made her hands into a sphere, and all of the water started draining. I swam up, and gasped for air. "What happened?" I managed to yell in between breaths, as the water neared the bottom of the room, and I could stand up straight again.

Milla looked amazed, and exclaimed "Freya was the name of a once powerful sorceress, who was actually Medrod's mother. Only descendants of Freya's can use that command, so unless you, no, it can't be."

"What are you implying..." I say, astonished that my ancestor may be one of the most powerful sorcerer's of all time.

"Yes. If anybody deserves this high honor of a name, you do, m'lady."

Last edited:
Chapter 2 is now out

The rest of the day went by fast, and I was pretty numb anyways. Most people just came by and greeted me. I passed out relatively fast, but I had no dreams. It seems as soon as I closed my eyes I woke to Milla shaking me awake.

"You're a heavy sleeper, I was about to use an energy incantation." I yawned, eyes still closed, and Milla laughed. "I still might have to. Raoul has set up the Name Setting Ceremony. Have you prepared a name yet?"

"Yes, actually. I think I'm going to go with Freya and-" All of a sudden the room shook and water flooded the room.

Milla made her hands into a sphere, and all of the water started draining. I swam up, and gasped for air. "What happened?" I managed to yell in between breaths, as the water neared the bottom of the room, and I could stand up straight again.

Milla looked amazed, and exclaimed "Freya was the name of a once powerful sorceress, who was actually Medrod's mother. Only descendants of Freya's can use that command, so unless you, no, it can't be."

"What are you implying..." I say, astonished that my ancestor may be one of the most powerful sorcerer's of all time.

"Yes. If anybody deserves this high honor of a name, you do, m'lady."

Back
Top Bottom