A Distinctly Etherian Update: Terraria and Dungeon Defenders II Crossover Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a fan of both games i absolutely love the idea ! i like when games colaborate this way, i wish both teams the best sucess, and i know it will be a kick :red: update ;))

Now THIS is something I look forward to. (More so I played DD 1, and barely played DD 2). This'll be fun!

I haven't played terraria pc edition for a while, and I've just started a new character. I really hope the new dungeon defenders content isn't too far into the game so I can play it as soon as it comes out. :)

*HYPE INTENSIFIES*
I've played DD2, it's the best time to play again. BUT TERRARIA MORE IMPORTANT.

What makes you say that?
Because weird crossover and tower defence elements, they trying to test this mechanic in vanilla and players feedback can improve TOW before launching. This year almost end and otherworld coming in 2017 sometime. just my opinion.

Played DD on console, great game. Just looked at DD2... Free to play? But all the DLC adds up to £208? Have I missed something?

I think this crossover might be the closest I get to DD2.

Ps. I was looking on Steam, from the link on the first post. Don't know about anywhere else

Played DD on console, great game. Just looked at DD2... Free to play? But all the DLC adds up to £208? Have I missed something?

Outside of vanity stuff, everything can be unlocked with in-game currency earned via gameplay. Its the usual time vs money thing - again, outside of some cool vanity stuff.

Outside of vanity stuff, everything can be unlocked with in-game currency earned via gameplay. Its the usual time vs money thing - again, outside of some cool vanity stuff.

I see. Thank you. That makes much more sense.
In which case I'll take another look.

Just by the way; is this update still running on time, do you know?

I've never played dungeon defender, but this looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait to try out this patch.
i searched the thread for any other posts you made to see if this was answered. it isn't a very old post so i am hoping my answer might still be relevant.

I was once thinking of creating a server dedicated to terraria. one of the players on the server i was running gave me tips on it. one was to create a temp world for resource gathering and such. it would be deleted every time it was loaded. to provide a new random experience every time. since it was deleted right before it was loaded nothing in it was permanent. I added the parts into my bat file to do that.

it isn't really needed but automated the process making it much easier to do. it is just run from the folder the server is in. it needs to be properly configured though. it shouldn't be able to cause any damage, i am a random person from the net though so i wouldn't trust me. if you don't understand what is in there or don't know anyone that could look it over then don't use it. https://pastebin.com/CSHHem1B

i never actually used a temporary world. it sounds like alright. i tend to have the configs set to create the exact same world on a slightly different port. https://pastebin.com/5mksVLmM . i just change the all the temp entries (including the file name) to reflect whatever world i want it to load. those are easy enough to create and customize. this is just a example file.

Edit:
wrong quote. sorry about that. don't know why the ways the bars highlight when i hover over them confuse me as to which post they are attached too. they do though.

I meant to quote this one:
I'm just hoping I don't have to create another new world for it. As it stands, I'm not planning on making another world for the next Underground Desert update, so I'm missing out on that for a while...

Last edited:
heh. Looks like you've found the magic equation for finally getting my husband to play without begging me to play Destiny, or ESO, or Gw2. Or Diablo 3. Or any of the dungeon defenders. I dunno if i should be happy, as I'm not really into this, but, I'll give it a chance. You guys haven't made me disappointed yet.

IcOqh.jpg

i searched the thread for any other posts you made to see if this was answered. it isn't a very old post so i am hoping my answer might still be relevant.

I was once thinking of creating a server dedicated to terraria. one of the players on the server i was running gave me tips on it. one was to create a temp world for resource gathering and such. it would be deleted every time it was loaded. to provide a new random experience every time. since it was deleted right before it was loaded nothing in it was permanent. I added the parts into my bat file to do that.

it isn't really needed but automated the process making it much easier to do. it is just run from the folder the server is in. it needs to be properly configured though. it shouldn't be able to cause any damage, i am a random person from the net though so i wouldn't trust me. if you don't understand what is in there or don't know anyone that could look it over then don't use it. https://pastebin.com/CSHHem1B

i never actually used a temporary world. it sounds like alright. i tend to have the configs set to create the exact same world on a slightly different port. https://pastebin.com/5mksVLmM . i just change the all the temp entries (including the file name) to reflect whatever world i want it to load. those are easy enough to create and customize. this is just a example file.
And this has bearing on this thread how?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom