Other A dozen ideas

Shagree

Terrarian
A dozen ideas for possible using in future:
1. summoning a Terminal for a safe (analogous to a piggy Bank, for example, in the form of a safe Deposit box hanging in the air, the object for calling is a key to a safe, a Bank card, or something similar)
2. summoning the interface for the Defender's forge (you can also think of something that you don't have to carry around with you all the time)
3. a certain "artifact of order" - for local blocking the spread of distortion, crimson and Holy lands-gradually removes infection in a certain radius (with a limit on the total number of such artifacts in the world)
4. new NPS-driller, with the following features / adaptations:
4.1 drilling rig - for deep drilling of wells with a width of 3-4-5 cells (with a proportional decrease in the drilling speed)
4.2 tunneling shield - for horizontal tunnels with a height of 3-4-5-6 meters (with a proportional decrease in the drilling speed)
NB: 4.1 and 4.2 automatically create walls around the tunnel when passing through caves and voids with water and other liquids
5. oil (new liquid): alternative to slug gel, and possibly a new oil biome, including new fish
6. automatic food intake function
7. the ability to drink water (perhaps a new item-a flask)
8. a new mini-boss for the desert biome: a Desert worm like the book "Dune", an item: a decoy-a mallet for summoning, a prize-a Freeman's suit and, for example, a flask of water
9. new material: concrete = sand+stone+ash+water (for example, it is not destroyed by any explosives, only the most powerful picks )
10. fixing solution for sand that can be poured from a spray gun and turn the sand into Sandstone
turning ice and snow into water (for example, in a boiler), and Vice versa (freezer?)
11. craft wires made of copper, silver, gold, etc.
12. maybe a new NPC-soldier who can build a machine gun tower for local control of the territory;

4. new NPS-driller, with the following features / adaptations:
4.1 drilling rig - for deep drilling of wells with a width of 3-4-5 cells (with a proportional decrease in the drilling speed)
4.2 tunneling shield - for horizontal tunnels with a height of 3-4-5-6 meters (with a proportional decrease in the drilling speed)
NB: 4.1 and 4.2 automatically create walls around the tunnel when passing through caves and voids with water and other liquids
5. oil (new liquid): alternative to slug gel, and possibly a new oil biome, including new fish
6. automatic food intake function
7. the ability to drink water (perhaps a new item-a flask)
8. a new mini-boss for the desert biome: a Desert worm like the book "Dune", an item: a decoy-a mallet for summoning, a prize-a Freeman's suit and, for example, a flask of water
9. new material: concrete = sand+stone+ash+water (for example, it is not destroyed by any explosives, only the most powerful picks )
10. fixing solution for sand that can be poured from a spray gun and turn the sand into Sandstone
turning ice and snow into water (for example, in a boiler), and Vice versa (freezer?)
11. craft wires made of copper, silver, gold, etc.
12. maybe a new NPC-soldier who can build a machine gun tower for local control of the territory;
The first three ideas are fine, it’s the rest I want to talk about.
4: I don’t really understand what this actually is, could you explain in layman’s terms?
5: The engine can only handle one more liquid, meaning that if oil was added, then modders wouldn’t be able to add a custom liquid ever again.
6: If you mean getting the Well Fed buff, the Quick Buff (B) key already does this.
7: Bottled water is in the game and is indeed drinkable.
8: What point of progression is this boss meant for? What attacks and stats does it have? How would it distinguish itself from the Desert Scourge from Calamity?
9: How do you use water as a crafting ingredient exactly? Is it just crafted while standing in water or does it actually use a water bucket in its recipe?
10: Converting blocks into liquids (and vice versa) is a bit iffy... I’m not sure the engine can handle it.
11: this suggestion is impossible to do. The engine was already straining when they were trying to add yellow wire, and you want them to add three more types?
12: How exactly would you obtain him? How would he be any different from the sentries we already can summon?

In order:
1. Not spoiling anything, but there's something in 1.4 that's similar.
2. Same as #1
3. I wouldn't want something that undid the spreading, but something that blocks spreading would be nice.
4. Interesting idea. Could help a lot with hellevators and containing spreading biomes.
5. Too similar to honey.
6. There's a quick buff key that will eat food.
7. What benefit is there to drinking water?
8. The Sand Elemental serves as the Desert's mini-boss
9. Griefing potential so it would have to be mineable by any pick near the spawn. Dungeon and Temple bricks are immune to explosives.
10. Could work via crafting recipe as a opposed to a used item. Not perfect, but better than nothing.
11. No, some ores are harder to find than others. Even if they were matched up to a colour, everyone would use the easiest ore to find. (Usually copper/tin.)
12. No, there are already sentry summons.

4: I don’t really understand what this actually is, could you explain in layman’s terms?
5: The engine can only handle one more liquid, meaning that if oil was added, then modders wouldn’t be able to add a custom liquid ever again.
6: If you mean getting the Well Fed buff, the Quick Buff (B) key already does this.
8: What point of progression is this boss meant for? What attacks and stats does it have? How would it distinguish itself from the Desert Scourge from Calamity?
9: How do you use water as a crafting ingredient exactly? Is it just crafted while standing in water or does it actually use a water bucket in its recipe?
10: Converting blocks into liquids (and vice versa) is a bit iffy... I’m not sure the engine can handle it.
11: this suggestion is impossible to do. The engine was already straining when they were trying to add yellow wire, and you want them to add three more types?
12: How exactly would you obtain him? How would he be any different from the sentries we already can summon?
4. NPC for creating horizontal and vertical tunnels without direct participation of player (only general directions)
5. I didn't know, but it's sad
6. I didn't know, thanks
7. I didn't pay attention: does it give any advantages?
8. ~ 1/3 of progression;
I didn't think through the details, but it can be an attack from under the sand with instant death in case of swallowing the player, as well as ditantion attacks with lightning
difference: very large and thick, with a tricuspid mouth
9. either variant or both
10. OK, forget it
11. wires are ordinary, the idea is that they can be made and not bought
12. in my opinion, he can be got in the jungle, in hardmode
differences: to place it, you need to build a tower, and it can stay on it indefinitely

In order:
1. Not spoiling anything, but there's something in 1.4 that's similar.
2. Same as #1
3. I wouldn't want something that undid the spreading, but something that blocks spreading would be nice.
4. Interesting idea. Could help a lot with hellevators and containing spreading biomes.
5. Too similar to honey.
6. There's a quick buff key that will eat food.
7. What benefit is there to drinking water?
8. The Sand Elemental serves as the Desert's mini-boss
9. Griefing potential so it would have to be mineable by any pick near the spawn. Dungeon and Temple bricks are immune to explosives.
10. Could work via crafting recipe as a opposed to a used item. Not perfect, but better than nothing.
11. No, some ores are harder to find than others. Even if they were matched up to a colour, everyone would use the easiest ore to find. (Usually copper/tin.)
12. No, there are already sentry summons.
1, 2. really? great!
3. as an variant
4. yes, that's what it's for
5. not exactly similar, but in any case, a colleague says there is a restriction on liquids
6. I didn't know, thanks
7. for example, give temporary resistance to lava
8. it is proposed to make a full-fledged boss
8. maybe
9. full-fledged
10. as an variant
11. it's true
12. OK, never mind

Thanks for your opinion and constructive criticism!

I'd generally advise keeping mods out of suggestion discussion. Just because a mod has a slimier boss, dosen't exclude it from the conversation.

I'd generally advise keeping mods out of suggestion discussion. Just because a mod has a slimier boss, dosen't exclude it from the conversation.
I mostly just mentioned that because if the devs added a boss that was too similar to the Desert Scourge, people would think they stole it.

I mostly just mentioned that because if the devs added a boss that was too similar to the Desert Scourge, people would think they stole it.
I didn't know anything about this mod, but I think the idea of worm-boss is also based on Frank Herbert :) Сonvergence of ideas.

Back
Top Bottom