Short Story A Father's L.O.V.E: An Undertale Short Story

Red H2O

Skeletron Prime
Chara glanced down at the corpse at her feet. Some remains of orange light drifted out of it's right eye, and the red scarf around it's neck billowed in the waves of energy cast off by The Barrier. The single large gash mark in that idiotic facade of a breastplate showed that, at last, that infuriating, lanky fool was dead. Chara chuckled to herself. "Heh. I must admit, you were even more determined than your fatass of a brother." She raised her heel up above Papyrus' skull. "Say hi to him for me, moron." And with that, she brought her child-sized tennis shoe down with tremendous force, shattering the brother's skull to dust and splinters. The sound echoed in the chamber housing the barrier, to which Chara turned her attention. She strolled towards it, trampling the dry corpse carelessly. Once she was within a foot of the pulsing wall of energy, she simply touched it and it vaporized. She scoffed. Asgore was such a failure. He couldn't manage to break a simple wall? All he had to do was murder a few dozen monsters or so. She mused this to herself as she sauntered upwards out of the mountain and onto the plateau at the summit of mountain. She closed her eyes and breathed in the fresh air. "Ahhh... all mine for the taking..." However, when she opened her eyes again, a figure stood in front of the sun, casting a shadow over her in her moment of glory. He stood facing away from her, donning a large black overcoat, his hands in his pockets. Upon closer inspection, she noticed that a large crack of some sort seemed trace around the right side of his head. She grinned. Another monster. More exp. Delicious. Her grip on her trusty knife tightened and she got a little closer before speaking. "Hey, why don't you turn around? There's nothing to see out the-"
"I don't have much time. I'd like to see the world once more, even for a moment."
She froze. Something about his voice... no, it wasn't spoken. The words were somehow put into her mind without that monster moving a muscle. However, she quickly regained her composure. "Hey, it's polite to face someone when you talk, jackass."
The man sighed and pulled his left hand out of his pocket. She noticed that a large hole was punctured through his palm, and he gently held a golden pocket watch in his fingers. "Not much time at all, I'm afraid... we'll have to make this rather quick." He returned his hand to his pocket and casually turned around. Chara took a half-step back. Despite her hardy nature, something about the man unnerved her. His face was ghastly, with the crack on his head coming to a point at a misshapen right eye. He looked down at her with what seemed like no expression at all. "Hello. What is your name?"
Chara blinked but then raised her knife and snarled. "Look, you idiot, aren't you afraid? Haven't you heard what I've done? I've killed everyone! If you weren't so stupid, you'd be hiding with Alphys and the others for a few more hours of life!"
The man didn't change his expression. "Hello, Chara. My name is Wing Ding Gaster, but most people just call me Gaster."
Chara was beginning to get angry. "Just fight me like everyone else, dumbass! Be afraid! Be angry! Do what you're supposed to!"
The man chuckled without moving anything. "Yes, you're Chara all right. I know this won't mean anything to you, but it's taken me a lot to come and meet you, even if it is briefly. And even if it doesn't appear to be this was, I am very, very angry."
As Gaster said this, the wind seemed to blow a little bit more harshly. The sun seemed brighter, and the trees in the vast forest below rustled as if something was wrong with the world. Chara just scoffed. "Oh yeah? And what are you going to do about it?"
Gaster continued his cold stare. "I'm going to tell you what you want to know. I am W.D. Gaster. My level is 100. My HP is irrelevant. My attack is incalculable."
Chara glared at him. "How do you know about... there's no way you can be level 100!"
The strange man shrugged, the first movement in a while. "Then fight me and Check".
Those were the words Chara wanted to hear. She took a step forward and the fight began. There he stood, not moving at all, contrary to what everyone else does. Chara grunted as she selected the ACT option mentally. Why was this guy so special? She looked at him straight on and his stats were sent to her magically. Her smirk dropped. He wasn't lying. Not only did he have a level like her, his stats were barely stats. Most of them were asterisks and infinity symbols. He must have sensed her discomfort because he spoke without it even being his turn. "I'm sure you know how EXP. works."
She glared up at him, starting to sweat a little. Something was very wrong here. "Y-yeah, of course I do, moron. The harder the monster, the more EXP. you get, and the more LOVE you earn..."
Gaster spoke again. "I'm sure you're wondering how I got to 100 LOVE. After all what could I kill that was so difficult?" Suddenly everything stopped. The wind was silent. Nothing moved. She stared at him, breathless, and her heart stopped when his right eye began to glow orange, and his left turned a familiar blue. His next words made the world seem broken.
"I killed you. Over and over. In hundreds, thousands of timelines. Right when you were strongest, I killed you and took your LOVE. After you took everyone's lives, I was there. You see, it's easy to go to other timelines for me. The hard part is coming home." His eyes glowed brighter. "Coming back here. I thought maybe... maybe if I was a little faster, or a little more violent, I could see them again." The trees below moved again, even with no wind. "It took a lot of souls to come back here. It would certainly be a waste if I didn't bring back a souvenir, to make the trip a little more palpable." At that, the trees below seemed to explode, and from those rose something that made Chara want to RESET. It was the same type of skull-thing that Sans and Papyrus had used, only massive. A triad of skulls all shared the same mouth, creating a triangle with the sun visible through the gaping maw. However, unlike with the skeleton brothers, it was accompanied with something new. Two enormous hands, identical to Gaster's, hovered either side of the large, deformed skull blaster. The world through the large holes seemed so very, very far away. However, Chara didn't fully look at them; her gaze was mainly focused on Gaster's eyes as he spoke his final words during her turn.

"I guess I'll just take your soul."

Last edited:
The man sighed and pulled his left hand out of his pocket. She noticed that a large hole was punctured through his palm,

Hmm, this story is pretty good AND OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Seriously speaking though, this was a wells done story, very descriptive. The vocabulary is very, very good as well.
Good job on this piece.

Chapter 2, please! It's so amazing!!! I'm filled with the determinations that you will make a new one!

Back
Top Bottom