Sprites A Few Summoner Additions!

Scribbles782

Spazmatism
Seedling Staff- A summoning staff that has a 2% (1 in 50) chance of dropping when you chop down a tree. It does 6 summoning damage. It is meant for summoners early game so they don’t have to farm for or cheat in the slime staff when they make their world. It is similar to the slime staff but it looks like the seedling pet that is dropped from Plantera. Sprite:
index.php

Staff of Cthulu- A staff that has a 15% drop chance from the Eye of Cthulu. It acts like the Spasmatism from the Optic Staff but moves slower. It does 16 damage and can do constant damage onto a large target. It basically looks like the Eye of Cthulu. it is meant for Summoners to be able to kill the Queen bee and get the Bee Staff without having to use the Slime Staff for a 10-minute battle. Sprite:
index.php

Staff of Flesh- So, it has come to my attention that the wall of flesh doesn't have a summoner drop. So I'm here to fix that. I suggest the Staff of Flesh. It is a summoning weapon that does 34 summon damage and summons a Hungry enemy that sprouts off of the player. That makes this a fairly unique weapon as far as summoning weapons go. It follows the same AI as the Man Eater, Angry Trapper ect. but it looks like the Hungry. It can extend as far as the Terrarian yoyo at it's max length. So it's not that good for a really long range. And it will probably look really funny to have like 9 The Hungrys sprouting off of a player XD Sprite:
index.php

Splicer Staff- An early hardmode staff that would summon a mini-Dune Splicer enemy. It would have the Worm AI, and do 37 damage. It would be really good against Worm-Type enemies because it can hit entities and take no knockback. It would be a 1% drop chance from the Dune Splicer enemies, and be increased to 1.5% during sandstorms. It would be nice to have this because the Stardust Dragon Staff is the only summon to behave this way, and it is only end game. (Thanks to @Sigma90 for the cool idea!) Sprite-
index.php

Spirit Staff- A post-Plantera staff that drops from Dungeon Spirits with a 1% (1/100) drop rate. They have a pretty simple attack pattern and attack almost like the Dungeon Spirit enemy. It does 66 base damage (it is so high because of no ranged attack). It looks very similar to the Dungeon Spirit. The reason it should exist is because it is RIDICULOUS that the dungeon has so many weapon drops, and no summoning weapon! (Excluding the Staff of the Frost Hydra). If you kill any dungeon enemy will this staff, they will have a 5% chance of dropping Ectoplasm. (The Dungeon Spirit drop rate will not be affected) Sprite:
index.php

Vampire Staff- It is a post-Golem staff that summons small vampires. They attack very fast. They are similar to the pirates from the Pirate Staff. It does a base damage of 36 and have a lifesteal effect on the player like the vampire knives. They have an average of 8% of the damage of the hit. (about 3 points of lifesteal per 36 damage hit.) They turn into bats if you are too far away from the ground. It is a 0.5% drop rate. (1 in 200 vampires killed). And it only drops post-Golem to keep it well, post-Golem! I know that the Solar Eclipse already has the Deadly Sphere Staff, but I think that each class should get some form of Lifesteal, and this is the perfect opportunity! Also, Vampires are SUPER annoying, so this needed to make them feel a it more useful! Sprite:
index.php

True Staff of Cthulu- This is a staff that summons a True Eye Of Cthulu. It shoots out a phantasmal eye as it’s main attack that does 85 damage. It homes in on enemies and shoots out every second. It also has a special attack that it will do once in every 35 times it attacks. It will pause for a second and shoot a mini-phantasmal deathray with a spread of 180 degrees, where it’s facing being the middle. This attack does 140 damage. This is the biggest summon, being about 75% of the size of the real True Eye Of Cthulu. It moves and follows the player, unlike the other summoners dropped from the Moon Lord. (I know I already put this in another suggestion, but this is a summoner suggestion, so why not? Sprite:
index.php

Add some kind of helmet for each of the hardmode ores! (Palladium, Cobalt, Titanium, etc.) I really can’t be bothered to look at each of the 6 ores and make stats for each one, So just make it some reasonable stats, similar to the other helmets of the same rank.

-Important- Thanks so much to @ThatOneKiwi for the awesome sprites! :D

Last edited:
Seedling Staff- A summoning staff that has a 2% (1 in 50) chance of dropping when you chop down a tree. It does 6 summoning damage. It is meant for summoners early game so they don’t have to farm for or cheat in the slime staff when they make their world. It is similar to the slime staff but it looks like the seedling pet that is dropped from Plantera.

Vampire Staff- It is a post-Golem staff that summons small vampires. They attack very fast. They are similar to the pirates from the Pirate Staff. It does a base damage of 36 and have a lifesteal effect on the player like the vampire knives. They have an average of 8% of the damage of the hit. (about 3 points of lifesteal per 36 damage hit.) They turn into bats if you are too far away from the ground. It is a 0.5% drop rate. (1 in 200 vampires killed). And it only drops post-Golem to keep it well, post-Golem!

True Staff of Cthulu- This is a staff that summons a True Eye Of Cthulu. It shoots out s phantasmal eye as it’s main attack that does 85 damage. It homes in on enemies and shoots out every half-second. (Twice per second). It also has a special attack that it will do once in every 35 times it attacks. It will pause for a second and shoot a mini-phantasmal deathray with a spread of 180 degrees, where it’s facing being the middle. This attack does 140 damage. This is the biggest summon, being about 75% of the size of the real True Eye Of Cthulu. It moves and follows the player, unlike the other summoners dropped from the Moon Lord. (I know I already put this in another suggestion, but this is a summoner suggestion, so why not?

Add some kind of helmet for each of the hardmode ores! (Palladium, Cobalt, Titanium, etc.) I really can’t be bothered to look at each of the 6 ores and make stats for each one, So just make it some reasonable stats, similar to the other helmets of the same rank.
I saw that this thread was spriteless, so I made some sprites for you :3
Seedling Staff.png
Seedling Staff
Vampire Staff.png
Vampire Staff
True Eye of Cthulhu Staff.png
True Staff of Cthulhu

I definitely think that there needs to be summoner helmets for cobalt, mythril etc. I like the first two but I think the True eye of cthulu staff seems OP. But its your suggestion.

I definitely think that there needs to be summoner helmets for cobalt, mythril etc. I like the first two but I think the True eye of cthulu staff seems OP. But its your suggestion.
Okay, I'll nerf it. I thought it might have been a bit OP, but I wanted to see what people say! :) Thanks for your feedback! :D

EDIT: I made it attack every second rather than every half second :)

Hey, I added something to the thread and I was hoping that you could make a sprite for it when you get a chance? :3 It is the Staff of Cthulu, you can look at the thread to see it. Thanks in advanced if you do make it! :D I do know that you make amazing sprites ;)
Staff of Cthulhu.png
Sorry I'm late dood. Haven't logged in in a while.

Back
Top Bottom