Blocks & Decoration A fix for Dungeon Paintings a solution for the imbalence...

Dragrath

Duke Fishron
Hello has anyone tried to collect Dungeon paintings? If so you might have noticed a bit of imbalance? Despite there being 22 available paintings in the Dungeon only the same subset ever appears...

In fact you can create hundreds of worlds and still never find some of the rarest yet at the same time you might find 5 copies of the same painting in a given dungeon. While it is certainly valid that some paintings should be rarer than others this level of rarity seems... quite preposterous...

So what can we do to correct this? I've been pondering this for a while and I think I've found a workable solution. It takes inspiration from the solution for insuring the various chest rewards from the dungeon available on most worlds. Here's how it would work for paintings.

In the Dungeon when the world generates it would decide whether to spawn a painting and of what size. Once it chooses it spawns from the pool of paintings fitting those conditions. The rarity for the individual paintings would remain identical so the odds of the rare painting would remain low given a small subset.

However the next time the game spawns that size of painting in that same dungeon the paintings already spawned would be excluded until at least one of every painting in that pool of paintings has spawned similar to how the game handles Dungeon chests.

know note this does not end the RNG, the game only ever spawns so many paintings per dungeon and that number isn't changing however now you should get a better variety of paintings.

So instead of getting 5 "Destroyer" 2 Dryadesque 2 bone warped and 3 "Cursed man" 4 "Skellington J Skellingsworth" 1 "The Screamer" and one "The eye sees the end", you might see a "powered by Birds" "Starry Night" or "Guardians Gaze" show up to mix things up. or a

More over for the collector it should ideally reduce the number of worlds one has to create to get a full collection by a few hundred maybe actually making it humanly possible.

I hope this Thread attracts some well needed attention to what may be the most imbalanced RNG in the game.

What sort of idiot paints the same thing not just twice, but five times in a row? Support.
Ironically the current system gives a small chance to have multiple copies of rare paintings... I know have 2 Gaurdians Gaze... we need to steamline this process...
I can kind of understand the prevalence of smaller paintings but there are some unacceptable over populations for large paintings...
For example I've gotten 3 copies of "The Destroyer" from the same dungeon... Once I got 2 copies in the same room... :dryadconfused:

I know 100% that it isnt feasible, but at least youre making a start toward something that is remotely close to logic.
For some things the randomness and reduculusness adds to the game for others it makes you go why? This is one of those world gen trolling "why?"s.

Back
Top Bottom