Other A fix for Steam Workshop spam:

Nioffe

Golem
I have 3 tips:

• Use an external uploader
I'll give a game as example, inside The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth's game folder, there's an executable workshop uploader in a Tools folder, it's a really simple program, you select the xml file of the mod, add tags, description, thumbnail and changelog. With and app like this people will have to look out how to upload something to the workshop, instead of stumbling across it in the game's menu and uploading everything they have.

• Cloud uploading should be more known
People will be less likely to upload their map on workshop just to save it. What I can suggest it to make the cloud button more highlighted or add an option to auto-save to cloud.

• Uploads should automatically be set to friends-only and require to be manually altered in the workshop page.

I really wanted a dev to see this but didn't know what to do so, a thread here is the way. Of course there would still be occasional reuploads of already existing mods, but doing this would immensely decrease the spam, making the workshop better for people looking for recent files and for managers who have to delete many spam per day

Back
Top Bottom