Items A forest biome key

What do you think?

• Total voters
You making fun of my banner?! ... Alright lol. I need all the criticism I can get. But anyway, my banner clearly says, "Forest Biome Key" and it clearly has a chest and a key. I also updated the banner yesterday and put a guy with a key in his hand and a chest next to him, so it should be even more clearer. I don't really understand how you thought it was something else...
Actually I have to agree a bit, I don't think its clear enough. It just shows a picture of some trees in a forest, more emphasis needs to be on the key and chest :red:

How about a desert chest that gives full throwables gear? End game throwing items need to be added but it would be cool. Maybe an infinite throwable in the chest instead. It needs to happen. An ocean chest with Poseidon's trident would be awesome too!

Actually I have to agree a bit, I don't think its clear enough. It just shows a picture of some trees in a forest, more emphasis needs to be on the key and chest :red:
Don't worry. The new version of the banner, again, has a Terrarian unlocking the chest in the forest. That means that the forest isn't just sitting there on its own anymore.

How about a desert chest that gives full throwables gear? End game throwing items need to be added but it would be cool. Maybe an infinite throwable in the chest instead. It needs to happen. An ocean chest with Poseidon's trident would be awesome too!
This thread is about a forest biome key. I'm not making other keys for deserts or ocean biomes.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439536056,1439535946][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't worry. The new version of the banner, again, has a Terrarian unlocking the chest in the forest. That means that the forest isn't just sitting there on its own anymore.
I'll change the banner soon, its quite early for me and I'm using my phone to post these threads. (Its easier to put a banner in a signature on PC)

I certainly do like the idea of the Forest Biome Key and Chest, although I think it could be considered for something more greater. I have an idea on this.

The Dryad seems to always been picky about clearing both the Hallowed and Corruption/Crimson. Maybe once you've cleared enough to her liking, maybe she can reward you with the Forest Key.
Also, instead of having the Jungle Chest be in the dungeon like the rest, it should be a more rare, hard to find chest that only having the key would make easy to find, meaning the chest can be spawned anywhere randomly in the world, probably underground. Having the key in your inventory can provide you a guidance system that tells you exactly where to go. Maybe like an arrow over your head pointing out where the chest is.

As far as what's IN the chest? Hm...well, considering all you have to go through to get the key, it should definitely be something well worth the time.

What about an equip item that, while you're wearing it, provides you with an extra row of hearts, which only works once you've gotten the max 20 Hearts.
With normal hearts, you'd be at 600. With combined Life Fruit, you'd be at 750. Now THAT would be awesome and well worth paying attention to the Dryad more.

There are many biomes with their own special key. The Hallow, Corruption, Crimson, Ice and Jungle. All biomes with their own special key and item
But wait! This is not true. What about the good old forest biome. Doesn't that biome deserve a little bit more useful items? Surely this biome deserves a key and item. So that's why I came up with this.
The forest key ( View attachment 66988 ) should be able to open the forest chest (View attachment 66996). And in that chest will contain a weapon called: The Gel Staff (NOTE: These are my first sprites I have ever created. Do expect a bit of noobiness)

The Super Critter Staff (View attachment 69776 ) (Thanks @Esmerelda the Slime Girl for the idea and thanks @Ivy for the sprite )

Summon Damage: 38
Mana Usage: 10
Knock back: Average
Summons a critter to fight for you with a red cape (Bunnies, squirrels, ducks etc.)

So, what do you think? Please comment below on what you think! Here's the code for the support banner:
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/a-forest-biome-key.28880/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EY9stI1.png[/IMG][/URL]
Thanks @DarkAwesome for this awesome banner!
I made dis chest 4 u
upload_2015-8-16_17-30-18.png

I will make the key soon

Sprites for key and chest changed! Thanks @The Architect
[DOUBLEPOST=1440267269,1440266977][/DOUBLEPOST]I just need to say, thank you all you have helped me build this thread to what it is now! I couldn't have done it without those who have helped

Special thanks to:
@DarkAwesome, (For making the banner)
@Esmerelda the Slime Girl (Coming up with the idea of the Super Critter Staff)
@Ivy (Sprite for Super Critter Staff)
@The Architect (New sprites for key and chest)
:)

Is it safe to assume that this is a summoning weapon? I think it would be cool if it did summoning damage and was like a summon, but didn't count towards the summon count. I think this would be a cool addition to the summoner class, and would be unique.

Is it safe to assume that this is a summoning weapon? I think it would be cool if it did summoning damage and was like a summon, but didn't count towards the summon count. I think this would be a cool addition to the summoner class, and would be unique.
Yes this is definitely a summoner weapon.

How about, instead of all of the critters doing the same thing, they each have a different attack pattern.

The bunny will stay white when it's not around enemies, but when an enemy comes, it will turn Corrupted and run at the enemy, tackling it.

The Squirrel will stay in place and throw nuts at it.

The duck/bird would dive-bomb it from the sky.

The goldfish... Hmm... IDK about that one.

Back
Top Bottom