Xbox One A good way to defeat Duke Fishron...

CheddarChaddar

Terrarian
Duke Fishron is the only boss I cannot defeat. I get his health down so much, and everytime I'm so close to kill him, I die. I looked up videos and everything, and nothing is helping.
I use a Tactical Shotgun with Chlorophyte Bullets, and I wear the Shroomite Set that does bullet damage. I also use vampire knives for health and lots of potions that help my armor, speed, health, and etc...
It's just not working for me anymore.
Can someone help me out with tips, or anything?
-I'm not doing any melee setups for Duke Fishron.
-I don't have a lot of good Mage weapons or armor.
-I've heard that the Spectre armor set and the Razorpine works great, but I've been doing Frost Moon for days and I've had no luck for that Razorpine. I get to about Wave 10 or 11, and no luck. I also did AFK farming for it, because of the frustration of not getting this weapon, and still no luck. Any tips about that too?

All you need to do is the run away while shooting strategy. I'd recommend Flame Wings or better. Just start at the ocean, run away(though, you're going to be flying most of the time), and gun. If you reach a land mark which would be inconvenient to go over, just stop and look for an opportunity to go the other way, back to the ocean. I'm not sure what weapon you'd want to use, since you're not doing melee. I'd suggest something which is fast. You might also want to cheat in a bunch of truffle worms, because the grind is annoying.

With this strategy, I used Flairon and I could kill Duke Fishron without any armor or health potions.

Though, this strategy is not foolproof, and you might still die occasionally.

All you need to do is the run away while shooting strategy. I'd recommend Flame Wings or better. Just start at the ocean, run away(though, you're going to be flying most of the time), and gun. If you reach a land mark which would be inconvenient to go over, just stop and look for an opportunity to go the other way, back to the ocean. I'm not sure what weapon you'd want to use, since you're not doing melee. I'd suggest something which is fast. You might also want to cheat in a bunch of truffle worms, because the grind is annoying.

With this strategy, I used Flairon and I could kill Duke Fishron without any armor or health potions.

Though, this strategy is not foolproof, and you might still die occasionally.

Thanks for the help. Just this boss is annoying and the last one I haven't killed yet. And plus his loot looks great.

Make a sky bridge to run on while running and gunning, very simple and works great! Plus stops meteorites from possibly landing on your buildings

Weapons:
-Megashark
-Tactical Shotgun
-Candy Corn Rifle/Stynger
-Chain Gun

Armour:
Shroomite Set with either the bullet helmet, or (if using the Stynger) Rocket helmet

Buffs:
Ironskin
Regen
Well Fed
Endurance
Wrath
The one that gives you an extra 20% health

Accessories:
Spooky Wings/Beetle Wings/Hoverboard - Menacing
Ankh/Obsidian/Cobalt Shield - Warding
Ranger Emblem - Menacing
Destroyer Emblem - Menacing
Sniper Scope - Menacing

What To Do:
Build a sky bridge, that comes down to beach level. Fish up the Duke, and then run forwards whilst using your guns, making sure to turn around at the end and repeat the process. Also watch out for the tornadoes he makes.

Back
Top Bottom