PC A good way to win some platinum in the game

Guest735

Terrarian
--------------------------------
Game Version 1.4.0.5
+ 1.4.2.3, 1.4.3.6 details
--------------------------------

PRE-HARDMODE

In pre-hardmode when you are able to defeat the brain of cthulhu you have access to the best way to earn money in pre-hardmode in my opinion, just defeat it several times and sell their items (which will give you more money apparently are his ores: +-1 platinum and 75 gold for 999 ores for a happy enough npc, yes apparently the happy npc pays more).
In this version of the game, defeat the brain of cthulhu can make meteorites fall on your world, but if you leave a meteorite biome intact in the right place(apparently there is a chance of the fall happening in the underground region, in this case it is not the right place, the right place is apparently in the surface region and above) with the right amount of Meteorite(if I remember well there is a chance that a single drop doesn't have all enough Meteorites, so in this case a second drop is needed), more will not fall even if that animation appears in the background again, more details on this link:

To defeat the brain of cthulhu infinitely you need to be able to make the item "Bloody Spine" in large quantities, it is made with "Vicious Powder" and "Vertebra" in the Crimson Altar and is used to summon the boss in the crimson region.

Farm of Vertebra (is an item that drops from the 3 crimson monsters, in pre-hardmode there are only these 3 monsters):
1.png

2.png

4.png

The wood around the crimson is for the crimsom not to spread, since it doesn’t normally spread over a 3-block space, wooden blocks normally currently do not transmit the crimson.
EDITED:
When I entered the hardmode, the crimson started to spread in this arena starting from the crimson blocks that I put in the parts of the climbs, the crimson was seen in the stone blocks in those mentioned parts, maybe it is better to put wood or another non-corruptible block in the place of all these stone blocks seen in the arena.

And a Vicious Mushroom farm to make Vicious Powder:
5.png

6.png

Where "A" is the mushroom farm and "B" is the brain of cthulhu arena made of platforms.

I haven't tested this all with a corrupted world with the other boss because I only do crimson worlds currently, but it shouldn't be too different.

Game version 1.4.3.6 detail:
A more advanced version made in 1.4.3.6

HARDMODE

On hardmode when you are able to defeat the pirate invasion easily, you have another farm of money (+-1 platinum per invasion selling everything), to have almost infinite invasions just do it always in the ocean biome:
3 (3).png

2 (2).png

This farm is a good place to put some artificial biome just to win the biome key too, with the exception of the evil biome that moves npcs out of place, these npcs are for the invasion to happen.

Game Version 1.4.2.3 difference:
Now in 1.4.2.3 the strategy still works well but with a difference, now I prefer to farm surface mimics with crimson monsters on hardmode instead of pirate invasions, mimics with their rewards make good money and crimson monsters still give vertebra (which can be used in hardmode to have Battle Potion, since vertebra is no longer numerous as in pre-hardmode to farm well the brain of cthulhu), with Water Candle, Battle Potion and an artificial jungle biome just to increase the monsters, apparently appears lots of mimics.

An example of an arena for mimic surface, the natural walls (B) are for the mimics to appear and these traps triggered all the time (A) are to attack the mimic so it goes where the character is when he's farming (C):
222.png

111.png

The crimson biome above with Actuators in the video is to come the key, vertebra is less numerous in hardmode but can still summon the boss a few times with what's left of Battle Potions.

In this example of arena it is also important to close possible holes under the arena so enemies don't spawn under the arena, as they spawn in a small area at the beginning of the outside of the screen.

t1.png

t2.png

Info of game version 1.4.3.6:
The items "flamelash" (pre-hardmode) and "Clentaminator" (hardmode normally) can be used to reveal unrevealed parts of the map helping to find caves and holes not yet revealed, they can be useful to close the holes under the arena, in the case of "flamelash" the fireball is released and without releasing the button where it stops, the sparks of the fire fall down revealing parts of the unrevealed map, in the case of the "Clentaminator" just use a "green solution" ammunition in the pure forest biome for example so it will only reveal the map without switching to another biome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom