Would you like to see this in the game?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Yeah, not my kind of stuff...

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Elzébio

Official Terrarian
Ho there! As someone who is constantly guetting thrown around by monsters like a football even on a server, i always felt so that my potions weren't enough. So, why not give my friends another job: Heal my hot body? So, here it is: The new, ultra-technologic, very necessary, Healing Spell!

Healing Staff.png

BAM! How do you like it?
what it does: Creates a circle with 13 blocks in diameter that heals any players inside it, as long as they are in the same team as you. Lasts as long as the mouse button is held, every 2 seconds, the circle disappears and another one is created where the mouse is pointing, consuming mp per second.
Circle.jpg

Kinda like such.
So, stats, stats... People like stats!
Name: Healing Staff
Heal: 10hp every 2 seconds.
Mana: 20 mana/ second
Use time: 24 (fast) (time between casts, releasing the mouse button)
Maximum of 1 circle present at a time
Tooltip: (if nurse is present) "(nurse's name)'s seal of approval!"
Resembles the medicine simble of the snakes around a staff

Crafted with these awesome stuff:
-Life Crystal
Life Crystal.png
x1
-Life Fruit
Item_1291.png
x2
-Philosopher's Stone
philospher stone.png
x1
-Soul of Light
Soul Light.png
x35
-Crystal Shard
Crystal Shard.png
x40
-Ectoplasm
Ectoplasm.png
x40
-Chlorophyte Bar
Item_1006.png
x30
-Must have the Nurse NPC present and a minimum of 400hp for the recipe to appear.
Leave on the oven on 180º for wathever long, add salt and BAM! Awesome healing spell.

Some details, though: i don't see how normal prefixes would work here. Either they appear but don't do anything, or: Damage - Increases heal. Mana - Yeah, that. Speed - Alright, kinda obvious. And the rest are just there being pretty.

Attachments

• Healing Spell.jpg
    Healing Spell.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 350
  • Spell Tome.png
    Spell Tome.png
    982 bytes · Views: 190
  • Pixie Dust.png
    Pixie Dust.png
    311 bytes · Views: 284
Last edited:
Personally I think it's too easy to make, throw in like 11 more life crystals and some giant hp potions and I think it'll be cool to get.

Man, lifesteal is gamebreaking enough. Now we add this item that can heal 500HP over 10 seconds with no cooldown. If you nerf it down to 2HP(that translates to 160/minute, just above GHP) per sec and add ectoplasm to the recipe, it might be considered. As it is now, it's just too bloody OP.

Actually, considering that combined with GHP, even with that nerf you'd still heal 310HP/minute, you might as well just say ":red: this :red:" and think of something else. Broken is broken.

Must have the Nurse NPC present and a minimum of 400hp for the
Now that bit is just unnecessary. The way the game works now, you can give a fresh player a Night's Edge, an Excalibur, and three broken hero swords and they will be able to craft Terra Blade in-front of mythril/orichalcum anvil. This item doesn't need to be singled out for that much extra coding.

Last edited:
Man, lifesteal is gamebreaking enough. Now we add this item that can heal 500HP over 10 seconds with no cooldown. If you nerf it down to 2HP(that translates to 160/minute, just above GHP) per sec and add ectoplasm to the recipe, it might be considered. As it is now, it's just too bloody OP.

Actually, considering that combined with GHP, even with that nerf you'd still heal 310HP/minute, you might as well just say ":red: this :red:" and think of something else. Broken is broken.

Running along a heart statue road rigged with pressure plates and wiring is even more op. This spell requires you to stay still in the circle. I just think that maybe a tiny nerf like 15hps and making the spell cost more would have it be more balanced. 15hps is not much at all when you fight against big bosses.

Also it's 250hp every 10 seconds, since it's 50hp every 2 seconds and 50/2 x 5 = 250/10.

Running along a heart statue road rigged with pressure plates and wiring is even more op. This spell requires you to stay still in the circle. I just think that maybe a tiny nerf like 15hps and making the spell cost more would have it be more balanced. 15hps is not much at all when you fight against big bosses.
Then the issue is with the heart statue. You already know that thing is broken, why add more on to it? This heals too much with little to no effort. Two wrongs don't cancel each other out.

Thank you all for taking your time to give your opinion and help me develop that idea. I'm trying to modify it the best i can to fit in a game properly, though i'm not exactly good at it.

Then the issue is with the heart statue. You already know that thing is broken, why add more on to it? This heals too much with little to no effort. Two wrongs don't cancel each other out.
Well it's not op, it just takes a lot of statues and time and setup... it's more of an investment rather than a quick way to win. If maybe the spell required constant mana usage per second then I think it wouldn't be op at all. Like exchanging mana for hp with a spell.

exchanging mana for hp
Yes, let's reduce Mage's combat ability even further, why don't we? Basically Melee/Range can use this until they are out of mana, and can keep going full blast. Mage unfortunately won't have that luxury. End-Game mage armor doesn't give mana or mana regen bonus. Full mage DPS won't give mages mana bonuses either. So in other words, mage's combat ability will be dwindled down so much with this item(compared to melee/range) especially thanks to mana sickness.

it just takes a lot of statues and time and setup
And this gives you portable heart statues, and heals even more.

As someone who is constantly guetting thrown around by monsters like a football even on a server, i always felt so that my potions weren't enough.

I'm afraid I have to say that you just need to learn to not take damage as much as you do, or stick to Vampire Knives/Spectre Hood healing.

This is a game where damage should be a long-lasting penalty that can only be recovered after you give yourself plenty of breathing room (natural regeneration sky-rockets if you don't get hit after a while). If damage could be recovered instantly*, then there's much less incentive to avoid damage.

Regarding heart statues vs this suggestion, you have to be quite lucky (or spend an unrealistic amount of time) to get enough heart statues to abuse the crap out of them. This spell is a on-the-go item, something completely different.

*You can already recover damage instantly with maximum regeneration bonuses, statues and so on. I don't think any more of this game should be designed around it, otherwise people that don't use it and like to play retro will be heavily handicapped because of the insane damage mobs would have to get to counter the extreme regeneration.

Yes, let's reduce Mage's combat ability even further, why don't we? Basically Melee/Range can use this until they are out of mana, and can keep going full blast.

No, I mean that you have to constantly have it in your hand and hold left-click in order to use the healing spell. That was it's really only useful in coop games and/or PvP. If redigit gave summon minions hp and had them target players in pvp it'll be a decent summoner item... but right now a healing spell like I'm talking about would only be good if you have a 2nd person using it on you.

I don't know... I think self-healing would be better possibly one for teams would be okay... and I think this is fine because well, you can't use other weapons when your using this... then again summons can still attack

Alright man, the idea is actually wonderful but it looks waaaay too OP. I see that you made it have a big mana cost, but I can easily dodge that with about 20g of mana potions and a mana flower. Furthermore, I feel like it is way to easy to craft. It looks like you're trying to make this item very late game, as shown by the ectoplasm requirement, so you should incorporate more late-game materials in it or just add more rare materials. Maybe throw in a few unicorn horns or maybe throw in chlorophyte (which could make sense if you wanted to go down the solar healing route) just for some difficulty making it.

One last thing, 15/2s?? That is a lot a lot of healing, and so many people would want this item and they would also want mana flowers that we wouldn't see any of the other classes anymore. At the most, it should be 10/2s.

Maybe for a spell make a projectile version, Along with another version that gives you a 6 tile radius healing aura.

Leave on the oven on 180º for wathever long, add salt and BAM! Awesome healing spell.
Shoot, I forgot my salt at home.

This is overpowered for sure. There is basically no real way to balance this with the other lifesteal and regenerative items in the game without this becoming too weak from nerfs or too overpowered as it is now.

Shoot, I forgot my salt at home.

This is overpowered for sure. There is basically no real way to balance this with the other lifesteal and regenerative items in the game without this becoming too weak from nerfs or too overpowered as it is now.

I swear this'll be CRAZY, yeah CRAZY AWESOME!!

Back
Top Bottom