It’s celebration time Terrarians!
Incredible to think that TEN YEARS ago Redigit launched his amazing creation of Terraria into the world for us all to enjoy. From its humble beginnings to selling 35 Million copies across all platforms, it all started with Redigit’s imagination.
Now it’s your turn to infuse Terraria with your own imagination. In honor of Terraria’s tenth anniversary, we’re having a contest where you get to show off your own creativity, and how you envision Terraria. There are categories for all Terrarians, whether you play on PC, Console, Mobile, or even our new Stadia players.
We have a category for Steam Workshop Maps and Texture Packs, a category for Art, a category for Screenshots featuring in-game builds, and even a category for Other - anything that doesn't fit into the first four categories. You can choose to enter any category you'd like, so get your ideas ready, join us to celebrate, and dive in!
- Steam Workshop - Worlds: World Maps that have been uploaded to Terraria's Steam Workshop (adventure maps, golf maps, starter worlds, etc)
- Steam Workshop - Texture Packs: Texture Packs that have been uploaded to Terraria's Steam Workshop
- Artwork: Traditional (drawing, statues, origami, etc) and Digital (computer graphics, drawn on a tablet, etc) both fall under this category
- Screenshot: Any unedited in-game screen shot (builds, wiring, AFK farms, etc)
- Other: This would include anything that doesn't fit into the first four categories. Examples would be Writing, Music Remixes, Video, LEGO Builds, Live Action Play, World Maps that aren't on Steam (from our PC GOG or Mobile players), Texture Packs not on Steam (from our PC GOG players), or anything else you can imagine
- The deadline to enter is Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 11:59pm ET
- Every user is allowed to submit only one entry and in only one category. (For example one entry in the art category, and none in any other)
- No stealing another person's work. If you are found guilty of this your entry will be removed and you may get additional punishments in accordance with forum rules against plagiarism
- You may edit your post to change your entry at any time prior to the deadline
- No placeholder or low effort entries - if your entry is deemed low effort it'll be considered a placeholder entry and not subject to any participation trophy
- Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc
- Winners will be revealed in the June State of the Game announcement
- Go to the Contest Entry Thread and post your entry: A Journey of 10 Years - Contest Entry Thread
- In case it's not obvious, state what category you are entering
- For Workshop entries, please include a link to the world or texture pack on Steam and be sure to include images and description in your entry post
Winners (2 for each category) will be revealed in the June State of the Game announcement and will receive:
- For the winners inside the USA, a choice between either a $50 Steam Wallet Code/$50 Playstation Network gift code/$50 Xbox gift code/$50 Nintendo-E Shop Code! (Winners will receive PMs from the Staff asking for their choice)
- Members outside of the USA will receive a $50 Steam Wallet Code. This is because of the policies of Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo that do not allow us to distribute the gifts to members outside of the USA.
- A special TCF trophy and title
- The option to request a creative/user content thread of theirs to be pinned at the top of its section for one month (a texture pack thread, an art thread, etc)
- A shoutout on Terraria's official Twitter
- Winners in the two Steam Workshop categories will have their World or Texture Pack tagged as "Developer's Choice" on Steam
But wait! There's more!
Each Category Winner will receive a set of TEN pins from the Terraria pin collection from Sanshee > (Terraria Collection at Sanshee), including the amazing Empress of Light pin shown below!
ONE Grand Prize Winner will receive one of the amazing Terraria Biome Series displays currently under development by our great partners at Animegami Studios. Not familiar with what this is? Well... feast your eyes on the latest progress reveal!
This is a sneak peek at a pre-production prototype of the piece. It has yet to be painted, etc. but we hope this shows you just how amazing this will be! Preorders on the Forest Biome are expected to go live in just a little while longer (sometime in the Summer of 2021). This is a piece that any dedicated Terraria collector will have to have... but if you win this contest, you will already be guaranteed that you will have one of these beauties on your desk when they come out!
Additionally, ALL participants (including the winners) will receive:
- A special participation TCF trophy and title that won't be available any other way unless you enter the contest