10th Anniversary A Journey of 10 Years! Come and Celebrate with a Contest for All Terrarians!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unit One

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
10thanniversary-2.png

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED

It’s celebration time Terrarians!

Incredible to think that TEN YEARS ago Redigit launched his amazing creation of Terraria into the world for us all to enjoy. From its humble beginnings to selling 35 Million copies across all platforms, it all started with Redigit’s imagination.

Now it’s your turn to infuse Terraria with your own imagination. In honor of Terraria’s tenth anniversary, we’re having a contest where you get to show off your own creativity, and how you envision Terraria. There are categories for all Terrarians, whether you play on PC, Console, Mobile, or even our new Stadia players.

We have a category for Steam Workshop Maps and Texture Packs, a category for Art, a category for Screenshots featuring in-game builds, and even a category for Other - anything that doesn't fit into the first four categories. You can choose to enter any category you'd like, so get your ideas ready, join us to celebrate, and dive in!

1619455753481.png

categories.png

• Steam Workshop - Worlds: World Maps that have been uploaded to Terraria's Steam Workshop (adventure maps, golf maps, starter worlds, etc)
  • Steam Workshop - Texture Packs: Texture Packs that have been uploaded to Terraria's Steam Workshop
  • Artwork: Traditional (drawing, statues, origami, etc) and Digital (computer graphics, drawn on a tablet, etc) both fall under this category
  • Screenshot: Any unedited in-game screen shot (builds, wiring, AFK farms, etc)
  • Other: This would include anything that doesn't fit into the first four categories. Examples would be Writing, Music Remixes, Video, LEGO Builds, Live Action Play, World Maps that aren't on Steam (from our PC GOG or Mobile players), Texture Packs not on Steam (from our PC GOG players), or anything else you can imagine

rulesandguidelines.png

• The deadline to enter is Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 11:59pm ET
  • Every user is allowed to submit only one entry and in only one category. (For example one entry in the art category, and none in any other)
  • No stealing another person's work. If you are found guilty of this your entry will be removed and you may get additional punishments in accordance with forum rules against plagiarism
  • You may edit your post to change your entry at any time prior to the deadline
  • No placeholder or low effort entries - if your entry is deemed low effort it'll be considered a placeholder entry and not subject to any participation trophy
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc
  • Winners will be revealed in the June State of the Game announcement

howtoenter.png

1. Go to the Contest Entry Thread and post your entry: A Journey of 10 Years - Contest Entry Thread
  2. In case it's not obvious, state what category you are entering
  3. For Workshop entries, please include a link to the world or texture pack on Steam and be sure to include images and description in your entry post

prizes.png

Winners (2 for each category) will be revealed in the June State of the Game announcement and will receive:
  • For the winners inside the USA, a choice between either a $50 Steam Wallet Code/$50 Playstation Network gift code/$50 Xbox gift code/$50 Nintendo-E Shop Code! (Winners will receive PMs from the Staff asking for their choice)
    • Members outside of the USA will receive a $50 Steam Wallet Code. This is because of the policies of Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo that do not allow us to distribute the gifts to members outside of the USA.
  • A special TCF trophy and title
  • The option to request a creative/user content thread of theirs to be pinned at the top of its section for one month (a texture pack thread, an art thread, etc)
  • A shoutout on Terraria's official Twitter
  • Winners in the two Steam Workshop categories will have their World or Texture Pack tagged as "Developer's Choice" on Steam

But wait! There's more!

Each Category Winner will receive a set of TEN pins from the Terraria pin collection from Sanshee > (Terraria Collection at Sanshee), including the amazing Empress of Light pin shown below!

1620922260608.png

and...

ONE Grand Prize Winner will receive one of the amazing Terraria Biome Series displays currently under development by our great partners at Animegami Studios. Not familiar with what this is? Well... feast your eyes on the latest progress reveal!

This is a sneak peek at a pre-production prototype of the piece. It has yet to be painted, etc. but we hope this shows you just how amazing this will be! Preorders on the Forest Biome are expected to go live in just a little while longer (sometime in the Summer of 2021). This is a piece that any dedicated Terraria collector will have to have... but if you win this contest, you will already be guaranteed that you will have one of these beauties on your desk when they come out!

Additionally, ALL participants (including the winners) will receive:
  • A special participation TCF trophy and title that won't be available any other way unless you enter the contest

1619455810470.png

1619455774406.png
questionsorcomments-below.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Where would pixel-arts in-game go? If they have a place in the contest that is
If you're creating a pixel art in the game by using blocks and such and then taking a screenshot, you would want to choose the Screenshot category. Are you doing that, or are you doing something different?

I'm guessing 3D artwork would work, I made some prototypes for a weapon with pixel art and then a 3D model, so could I submit them all?

I'm guessing 3D artwork would work, I made some prototypes for a weapon with pixel art and then a 3D model, so could I submit them all?
Yep, you can submit anything Terraria related. `:) If you’re showing multiple things, make sure they’re all in one image, they will count as one entry.

I have 2 questions:
1) Can I work with a friend? (e.g: He made a remix and I made an animation to go with it)
2) If yes where do i submit it? In artwork or other?

Ten Years !!! Yet I feel like I've been playing Terraria my whole life...
In short, for the last 10 years, Terraria has never left me, a few breaks from time to time but I can't do without it for long.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this fantastic game.

Is there a theme around contest like celebration? as that is sort of the gist i get..
<.<;

or is it just for general creativity or "how you envisioned Terraria should look"?
does it have to be something new or can it be something you've worked on for years?

I have 2 questions:
1) Can I work with a friend? (e.g: He made a remix and I made an animation to go with it)
2) If yes where do i submit it? In artwork or other?
You can work with a friend, but there will be only one winner and one prize given. I would say based off what you’ve said, without having seen the submission, the Other category fits best. :)

Is there a theme around contest like celebration? as that is sort of the gist i get..
<.<;

or is it just for general creativity or "how you envisioned Terraria should look"?
does it have to be something new or can it be something you've worked on for years?
No theme, just anything Terraria related. It can be any original work you’ve created, new or old, doesn’t matter when you created it.

If you're creating a pixel art in the game by using blocks and such and then taking a screenshot, you would want to choose the Screenshot category. Are you doing that, or are you doing something different?
Was asking if they'd be considered screenshots or builds, if you're making pixel-art in-game wouldn't it be both technically?

Was asking if they'd be considered screenshots or builds, if you're making pixel-art in-game wouldn't it be both technically?
Well, builds in the game would go in the Screenshot category. When you say “wouldn’t it be in both” what are the two “both” categories?

I have a very complex build that I am working on and I would love to submit it under screenshots, however I feel that a short video showing the operation of the build would be much more telling. Am I allowed to submit a quick clip under the screenshots category? Or would I have to submit it to other?

I have a very complex build that I am working on and I would love to submit it under screenshots, however I feel that a short video showing the operation of the build would be much more telling. Am I allowed to submit a quick clip under the screenshots category? Or would I have to submit it to other?
Hi @THill17 that’s up to you. :) You can submit a pic of the build in Screenshots, or you can submit the video in the Other category.

A compromise that might work is to submit the screenshot, and then if you want to showcase the operation of it in a video, to post the video in Terraria Videos (Let's Play, Reviews, etc.). In this scenario only the screenshot would be judged for the contest though, the video shown in the Terraria Videos (Let's Play, Reviews, etc.) section would just be for sharing your creation with other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom