10th Anniversary A Journey of 10 Years! Come and Celebrate with a Contest for All Terrarians!

Status
Not open for further replies.
terrariacontest.png

Hello! I recently posted my jewelry box for the contest! ^^ I feel like it fits both the 'Art' and 'Other' category since I did do some sculpting and painting BUT I also use it as a storage box. Since it doesn't quite fit the 'Art' category, I felt that putting it in 'Other' would make sense. I suppose 'Other' could also include items that have qualities that are similar to other categories but don't quite fit in? - Like my jewelry box! What do you think? :) I'd really appreciate your help! Thank you! <3

Hi, will there be more contests in the future? And, can I submit already public work for quite some time? (not for this contest though)

Hello! I recently posted my jewelry box for the contest! ^^ I feel like it fits both the 'Art' and 'Other' category since I did do some sculpting and painting BUT I also use it as a storage box. Since it doesn't quite fit the 'Art' category, I felt that putting it in 'Other' would make sense. I suppose 'Other' could also include items that have qualities that are similar to other categories but don't quite fit in? - Like my jewelry box! What do you think? :) I'd really appreciate your help! Thank you! <3
Hi @ZargnFan1 I think the Other category works nicely for your jewelry box. :)

Hi, will there be more contests in the future? And, can I submit already public work for quite some time? (not for this contest though)
Yes, as long as it’s something you created, even if you created it in the past, you can submit it. It doesn’t have to be brand new work. As for more contests, that’s an unknown. Probably so, but there aren’t any immediate plans, and the theme/rules may be different.

Would I be allowed to say ideas for a new biome? I could add artwork but im not the best at drawing ofc but I have an amazing idea for terraria which would work amazingly!
Edit: I've got alot of ideas for this. But i dont want to put my heart into it if it isnt allowed.

Last edited:
Would I be allowed to say ideas for a new biome? I could add artwork but im not the best at drawing ofc but I have an amazing idea for terraria which would work amazingly!
Edit: I've got alot of ideas for this. But i dont want to put my heart into it if it isnt allowed.
That sounds like it would fit the “Other” category, it’s certainly allowed if it’s Terraria related. `:)

For a video would you prefer the video file or a link to a youtube video?
YouTube please. You can link the video, use the “Media” button on the toolbar (blue circle in the screenshot). You may need to open up the toolbar using the three vertical dots first (red circle in the screenshot).
5C0202CB-77A0-4598-94FC-553A17AFF720.jpeg

959DE1E9-0C69-4EEF-A1FE-D44C6D609E95.jpeg

I wanted to do a bit of a writing project for my submission. What do you think would be the best way to submit that once I finish?

I wanted to do a bit of a writing project for my submission. What do you think would be the best way to submit that once I finish?
You could either just have the text, or if you think it may be overly long you can put the text in a spoiler so that it’s easier to scroll through. It’s also possible to put the words into an image if you want to present it that way.

I wrote a story long time ago, explaining the lore of the world and characters (before there was an oficial lore)

I want to submit that story as my entry but i wrote it in spanish (native lenguage)

My english is lacking so i'm hesitant to translate it.

Is there a problem if i submit the story in spanish? Or should i try submit the story translated?

I have had a build I've been messing with, and of course the exact kind of event i want to release it for comes out but it is nowhere near ready, so I'm going to mess with a different idea I've had and hopefully get it done in time.

I have been building something for about four years now and I'd like to enter it into the contest. The exterior stretches from the top of space to the top of the underworld of a large map, and it is twice as wide as it is tall at the base. It isn't just one big exterior, the variety of things inside is much more interesting (and I'd like to think much more impressive) than just the exterior, though the exterior and background walls of the interior took hundreds of hours to construct if you count the time it took to gather materials. The walls surrounding the entire structure are one hundred feet of lizhard brick and I think twelve feet of glass, so I had to dismantle many entire lizhard temples and suck up more deserts than exist in even a large world.

There's obviously no way to share everything in detail with a single screenshot. Even trying to take a snapshot of the full structure in-game causes the game to crash since the rectangular shape of the snapshot means I'm trying to save a picture of a quarter or so of an entire large map. How do you think I might enter this into the contest? I could post a screenshot of the map to convey the scale and overall layout. Being able to write what all is in there would be very helpful here, as would being able to post multiple screenshots. Can you help me figure out how to submit what I've built? It's easily the largest and most complex thing I have made or will ever make in a computer game and I'm dying to enter it into this contest!

I have been building something for about four years now and I'd like to enter it into the contest. The exterior stretches from the top of space to the top of the underworld of a large map, and it is twice as wide as it is tall at the base. It isn't just one big exterior, the variety of things inside is much more interesting (and I'd like to think much more impressive) than just the exterior, though the exterior and background walls of the interior took hundreds of hours to construct if you count the time it took to gather materials. The walls surrounding the entire structure are one hundred feet of lizhard brick and I think twelve feet of glass, so I had to dismantle many entire lizhard temples and suck up more deserts than exist in even a large world.

There's obviously no way to share everything in detail with a single screenshot. Even trying to take a snapshot of the full structure in-game causes the game to crash since the rectangular shape of the snapshot means I'm trying to save a picture of a quarter or so of an entire large map. How do you think I might enter this into the contest? I could post a screenshot of the map to convey the scale and overall layout. Being able to write what all is in there would be very helpful here, as would being able to post multiple screenshots. Can you help me figure out how to submit what I've built? It's easily the largest and most complex thing I have made or will ever make in a computer game and I'm dying to enter it into this contest!
Best bet would be to make yourself a grid across the build, and take a bunch of segment snapshots, then go into a image editing software and line up all of the snapshots into one huge image. I however don't know the size of snapshot you should take as some sizes will fail to capture every pixel which could make your image looks weird. Id say try going to an edge and marking every 200 tiles, and try making your snapshot selection off of these points, see where your computer crashes, then reduce 1 axis by 200, then the other, back and forth until you can take a snapshot, now you'll know your limit to help take the rest of the snapshots.

Didn't even noticed that you are running a little competition here! Wish all of you best of Luck! Iam curios what amazing creations we'll see. There are already breathtaking builds and artworks.
Working on my Adventure Map already several Months and it wont be ready to the date the competition is ending but who knows; maybe it'll enough for a sneak peak of Tales of Terraria :)

Well, I managed to get it crammed into three images after a couple hours of fighting with the camera function and some editing software. Is that acceptable for a submission?

I wrote a story long time ago, explaining the lore of the world and characters (before there was an oficial lore)

I want to submit that story as my entry but i wrote it in spanish (native lenguage)

My english is lacking so i'm hesitant to translate it.

Is there a problem if i submit the story in spanish? Or should i try submit the story translated?
You can certainly submit your entry in Spanish. Just keep in mind that those judging it may use google translator to translate it into English in order to read it. :)

Well, I managed to get it crammed into three images after a couple hours of fighting with the camera function and some editing software. Is that acceptable for a submission?
I see your submission, looks great. If you wanted to include detail shots of certain areas that would be fine, or if you want to keep it as is that's cool too.

You saved me like another two hours of trying to figure out how to combine multiple pictures that have different dimensions, thank you!

k11037, I don't read or write Spanish, but if you want to translate it into English I can edit it for you :)

Last edited:
Did "Terraria In-game Blood & Gore" is count as PG-13?

I try to make "zombie survival story" for my entry but I don't sure about this because my entry included Terraria Blood & Gore and Zombie shooting scene

Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom