Sprites A Large Hardmode Underworld Expansion (With Concept Art)

Well, it seems unreasonable that there are only 4 liquids possible.
Also, Yoraiz0r said that having 5 liquids would only increase the memory used by about 32MB, so, yeah, no "four liquid maximum"
So we're supposed to go off your assumption?

As for the other quote I haven't seen it, so again all I got is your word.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?members/yoraiz0r.3/#profile-post-175285

Huh. So I was wrong. There can be more than 4 liquids but it would take a lot of time to do.

Makes sense based on what Yoraiz0r said. For practical purposes there very likely won't be more than 4 main liquids in Terraria because of that. Magma would likely be able to be treated as a "different biome lava" type of liquid so that it doesn't add to the liquid count. Similar to how the Expert Ice Biome Water can cause "Chilled" because the only differences from lava would be more damage, Different Color, and damaging higher rarity items. This way the Developers could still make a 4th different liquid if they wanted to.

Makes sense based on what Yoraiz0r said. For practical purposes there very likely won't be more than 4 main liquids in Terraria because of that. Magma would likely be able to be treated as a "different biome lava" type of liquid so that it doesn't add to the liquid count. Similar to how the Expert Ice Biome Water can cause "Chilled" because the only differences from lava would be more damage, Different Color, and damaging higher rarity items. This way the Developers could still make a 4th different liquid if they wanted to.
I don't think there should be a fourth liquid, that way modders may add dozens of fourth liquids. Alternate biomes may now use a different liquid and people may pick and choose what they want it to be. Filling the slot would close off most attempts to do so.

But yes making it a layer specific variation of lava sounds right.

Hmm I hadn't seen this before but it seems fairly well thought out however I do note a pressing potential flaw in that I'm not sure how Terraria would handle the world extension. I suspect it would have to be added on new worlds but requiring it to be part of the progression screws over people who say really like a base from their old world and don't want to restart again.
Other than that is seems fine though it doesn't do much for the underworld as there is still little reason to return to it.
I'll tentatively support but I worry about the application.
I see this as the easiest solution with the bit thing. I'm curious if the damaging higher rarity items thing could work if it does I could bring back one of my old ideas I ditched about an upgraded lava that could destroy items of higher rarity but in certain cases would transform them instead into a hardmode tiered version...

Edit if the upgraded lava were to be implemented in analog to regular lava should probably destroy only up to arrange as the higher rarities prehardmode tend to be for reforges and serve as the base rarity for early hardmode items.

Update. A few small things have been changed about this suggestion. A few new Sprites have been added and the Fire Spirit Enemy from the Core Biome now drops a new Blaze Lance Weapon instead of the Pre-Hardmode Dark Lance Spear because it felt more appropriate to make it drop a stronger weapon. Let me know if you think this new weapon is too powerful/not powerful enough or needs a different unique mechanic with it.

Copy of recent Changelogs here:

EDIT 3 (December 3rd 2015):
Added Sprites for the Inferno Wings and Magma Slime

EDIT 4 (December 10th 2015):
Added new weapon: Blaze Staff and Sprite for it. This serves as a Hardmode upgrade to the Dark Lance which the Fire Spirit will now drop instead of the Dark Lance.

The current Dark Soul Reaper Painting in the game gives a very close representation of what the Fire Spirit of this Suggestion would look like, so the picture is used to represent it in this suggestion.

Changed Mechanics of the Inferno Naginata to make it function more differently than the new Blaze Staff because they are both Spear Weapons.

I think the lava immunity/healing is a bit overpowered, but understandable as they had to avoid lots in the fight

I think I designed the Magma Armor that provides Lava Immunity to not be able to be used in conjunction with the Blazing Turtle Shell and its Tinkers because of this exploit you mentioned. If they have Lava Immunity from the Armor then they can't Heal from the Lava with the accessory. I see I forgot to add it under the Magma Armor so I will add that.

EDIT: It is in there. The technical Set Bonus makes the player immune from On Fire! and from taking any damage from Lava, meaning they can't get the debuff at all with the Armor on and the healing from the Blazing Turtle Shell changes On Fire! to heal the player which it can't do if the player doesn't get the On Fire! Debuff.

I like this a ton! Why isn't this in the game already? Good job @Aurora3500!
p7yJjAN.png

Woah, a suggestion from a Moderator, that's uncommon.
But, that's not the point. This suggestion is awesome!
I had ideas of a biome under Hell, so I enjoy this!

This would be good. There is no near end-game, pre-moon lord armor for melee, even though most people use beetle armor for melee, it is not exactly a full-on melee armor. Blazestone sets can be melee, just like hellstone armor

Back
Top Bottom