NPCs & Enemies a little love for the bone servpant

zekam11

Skeletron Prime
As all of the other enemys have a drop I think the bone serpent(correct me if im wrong). so this drop would help summoner playthroughs. Its called bone staff or serpent staff. 1% chance of a drop from bone serpent . If its from the bone serpent its 17 minion damadge with 6% crit chance. While if its fron WOF its 20 minion damadge with 8% crit chance. For 1 Bone serpent summen its 1 Bone serpent not to be confused with optic staff. As the Bone serpent the enemy the longer it goes and stronger it becomes. Let me know what you think and say if I missed something. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Please make your suggestions clear and understanable. I can barely understand what this says to to the amount of spelling mistakes (wong, servpant, summener, summen, enemys, damadge) the fact that you actually repeat these mistakes is worrying. However, if there was going to be a Underworld Themed minion, i would want a Leech Staff from the WoF.

I thought I was spelling some things wrong. Hate typing with my phone. And didnt knew hot to spell (bone serpent) at the time. Sometimes I forget. Another reason why I did bs for bone serpent
[DOUBLEPOST=1432747995,1432747922][/DOUBLEPOST]I should do this on computer :/

I thought I was spelling some things wrong. Hate typing with my phone. And didnt knew hot to spell (bone serpent) at the time. Sometimes I forget. Another reason why I did bs for bone serpent
I would recommend using a tablet or a PC/Laptop if you have them. I use my iPad, it's brilliant :)

As of now the spider staff which is later than this does 25 damage. This also has a larger hit box it seems. Just thought I would bring up those points.

Well I do say it would be 1% drop chance xD. maby .01% drop chance?
rarity does not equal power. Also you can edit your main post. Bottom right hand corner of all of your posts. Also where the Like and Reply buttons are.

Please make your suggestions clear and understanable. I can barely understand what this says to to the amount of spelling mistakes (wong, servpant, summener, summen, enemys, damadge) the fact that you actually repeat these mistakes is worrying. However, if there was going to be a Underworld Themed minion, i would want a Leech Staff from the WoF.
Leech Staff won't happen, since the other WoF drops aren't flesh-themed. They're futuristic and/or steampunk-themed. I posted an idea for the Helicopter Staff, and while other weapons could work too, a "Hungry Staff" or "Leech Staff" isn't reasonable.

The thread is still somewhat unclear. From what I can gather, a Serpent Staff dropping from a Bone Serpent, which would summon a Bone Serpent minion. I think this idea has potential. We don't have any minions yet that can dig through blocks to reach enemies on the other side of a wall, so it'd fill a niche there. Of course, using Worm AI, it'd be less effective on the surface and almost useless in the clouds, so that forms a nice balance.

Personally, I'd prefer a 1% drop rate from a Bone Serpent. Grinding WoF is already annoying enough waiting for the Guide and Voodoo Demons to respawn. Restrict its size to a few segments though - maybe 3 body + the head + the tail. And maybe only the head inflicts damage, via direct contact.

As of now the spider staff which is later than this does 25 damage. This also has a larger hit box it seems. Just thought I would bring up those points.
Sometimes it's not always about raw power. :) (Although I think you were trying to point out it was too powerful compared to the Spider Staff, and the post has since been edited.)
I prefer to use an Optic Staff even though stronger summons exist because I like having two minions following me instead of one. And I like how each of the Twins have different attack methods.

Edit: To further clarify the above mention of size: The minion would be a very much scaled down version of the real enemy. Like how the Twins summons are much smaller than the Twins bosses.

Last edited:
As I thought more I have more info. Instead of getting the staff as hole here is how you get it. A bone serpent will drop 1-5 (bones of a serpent) and with those you can make serpent staff which requires 10 boas (bones of a serpent) and you can also make summoner armore with it. Serpent skull ( 6 defense, 10% minion damadge ,requires. 10 boas) serpent scailmail ( 7 defense, allows more minions, 5% minion damadge, requires 15 boas) and finnaly serpent greaves ( 6 defense, allows more minions, 7% minion damadge, requires 12 boas) and the complete armore set buff is for 1 summen you get 2 bone serpents. Hope you like the change and have a good day And let me know what you guys think. Also forgot to mention rhat the serpent staff does 17 damadge with 3% crit chance.P.S. 1.3 is going to be awsome

Last edited:
If the purpose of this thread is to give more love to bone serpents then why do you say that this staff drops from bone serpents OR WoF? Being dropped by WoF kinda remove the point of this thread and is so grindy (1% from a boss is frustrating, especially wall of flesh)

If its from the bone serpent its 17 minion damadge with 6% crit chance. While if its fron WOF its 20 minion damadge with 8% crit chance.
Choose one or the other. And I also don't like the idea of the exact same items with slightly different stats. Bone Serpents would work better for this.

not to be confused with optic staff
I don't understand why this is even necessary. Just say it will summon one serpent and that's it.

As the Bone serpent the enemy the longer it goes and stronger it becomes. L
This one I can't understand at all.

Serpent skull ( 6 defense, 10% minion damadge ,requires. 10 boas) serpent scailmail ( 7 defense, allows more minions, 5% minion damadge, requires 15 boas) and finnaly serpent greaves ( 6 defense, allows more minions, 7% minion damadge, requires 12 boas) and the complete armore set buff is for 1 summen you get 2 bone serpents.
So, two extra minions, which means we can get three minions, and with them two extras each? For a total of nine minions, this is ridiculously overpowered. Unless the extra serpents are a lot weaker.

"Huh?" isn't an appropriate reply, but

I think this is a pre harmode verion of destroyer minion (Szgamer or i dont know suggested) @Freenight
Huh? I understand even less now.

I don't care about someone else's suggestion, but this one right here. And they certainly didn't bother explaining if it has any relation to other threads/suggestions(and I honestly doubt if they've ever bothered checking other suggestions). If you(or preferably the OP) can explain that in this thread what the OP means without relating to another thread, that would be swell.

"Huh?" isn't an appropriate reply, but

Huh? I understand even less now.

I don't care about someone else's suggestion, but this one right here. And they certainly didn't bother explaining if it has any relation to other threads/suggestions(and I honestly doubt if they've ever bothered checking other suggestions). If you(or preferably the OP) can explain that in this thread what the OP means without relating to another thread, that would be swell.

This thing:
Destroyer Staff
*Initially summons a tiny Destroyer with 2 body segments, a head, and a tail. Body segments fire lasers at enemies when above ground.
Each additional summon increases the body's length by 2 segments.
*Mini Destroyer will charge at enemies dealing contact damage with Worm AI and movement.
Each additional summon increases contact damage by 33%.

In this suggestion:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-ultimate-soul-expansion-and-balancing.11312/ by Szgamer

Back
Top Bottom