Official A Lively World - Terraria 1.3 Spoilers & TCF Launch Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Cenx said they're working on achievements for the PC version. And don't worry, I'm pretty sure that's the only thing that was spoiled in the replies. They just stopped posting after Friday no spoilers or anything, so the 53 pages is mostly discussing what's in the first two posts.

Nice, i just hope they go through with it as the last time i seen it was a "possibility"

Don't get me wrong, I love previews and find them incredibly exciting, but between them showing their progress been and actually working on said things, I'd go for the latter; After all, if they weren't actually working on the update, they wouldn't have anything to show us in the first place.

As far as user satisfaction goes, I doubt the community will be satisfied with anything---spoilers or not---short of the developers live-streaming their every move. Even if they were going to do that, they'd just be mercilessly hounded about the release date, instead. Everybody who is ceaselessly demanding more needs to realize that if you were shown everything they have at this point, there would be no thrill of discovery or mystery for you to find within the game.

Speaking of spoilers, Cenx (*proceeds to leap into bomb shelter*) has given us more new content in these past two days than we've seen since the update was announced! More will be posted if she/company feels like it. I hate to have to crush everyone's spirit with this observation, but repeatedly badgering someone about something you want (especially that which they don't even need to give you) is likelier to get you silenced than it is to fulfill your request. I think the best thing that can happen now id for people to calm down, and refocus their excitement into creative speculation on what was given, rather than focusing on what was not. It will make the thread much more interesting, while also taking stress off of the people who went out of their way to give said info to you.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I love previews and find them incredibly exciting, but between them showing their progress been and actually working on said things, I'd go for the latter; After all, if they weren't actually working on the update, they wouldn't have anything to show us in the first place.

As far as user satisfaction goes, I doubt the community will be satisfied with anything---spoilers or not---short of the developers live-streaming their every move. Even if they were going to do that, they'd just be mercilessly hounded about the release date, instead. Everybody who is ceaselessly demanding more needs to realize that if you were shown everything they have at this point, there would be no thrill of discovery or mystery for you to find within the game.

Speaking of spoilers, Cenx (*proceeds to leap into bomb shelter*) has given us more new content in these past two days than we've seen since the update was announced! More will be posted if she/company feels like it. I hate to have to crush everyone's spirit with this observation, but repeatedly badgering someone about something you want (especially that which they don't even need to give you) is likelier to get you silenced than it is to fulfill your request. I think the best thing that can happen now id for people to calm down, and refocus their excitement into creative speculation on what was given, rather than focusing on what was not. It will make the thread much more interesting, while also taking stress off of the people who went out of their way to give said info to you.
So, people shouldn't be held accountable for the things they promised? We were told we would get a weekend of updates. They showed a lot on the first day and honestly, had they taken that and spread it out over the whole weekend that would be better than not posting anything for two days. The moment they decided to publicly post that we'd be getting spoilers all weekend is the moment they became obliged to fulfill that promise and it's not demanding to expect them to do so. To me this just feels like a ploy to get more people to make accounts and I don't appreciate companies that so blatantly use their customers like that.

So, people shouldn't be held accountable for the things they promised? We were told we would get a weekend of updates. They showed a lot on the first day and honestly, had they taken that and spread it out over the whole weekend that would be better than not posting anything for two days. The moment they decided to publicly post that we'd be getting spoilers all weekend is the moment they became obliged to fulfill that promise and it's not demanding to expect them to do so. To me this just feels like a ploy to get more people to make accounts and I don't appreciate companies that so blatantly use their customers like that.

Haha not that I don't disagree with you, the lack of spoilers tugs at my heart. But they're only spoilers, it's hardly a requirement for them to be shown on time within the second. We got some, but it isn't a right to get more. Exploring and finding what's new is going to be half the fun.

And really, they could spoiler a new butterfly type and call it a day. No one knows what they could show us if they do. People will still ask for more.

Have Terraria for my 360 but it's getting old.( the xbox not the game) I bought an xbox one and was dissapointed to find out there was no Terraria ( one of the best games I have played in my nearly 40 years of gameing). I am really glad to find out it's going to be on the xbox one, just wish you had a release date.

Kind of bummed out that it was said a 'weekend of spoilers' then we get nothing else. Feel like I was tricked into making several returns to the website for no reason.

Haha not that I don't disagree with you, the lack of spoilers tugs at my heart. But they're only spoilers, it's hardly a requirement for them to be shown on time within the second. We got some, but it isn't a right to get more. Exploring and finding what's new is going to be half the fun.

And really, they could spoiler a new butterfly type and call it a day. No one knows what they could show us if they do. People will still ask for more.
Of course it's not a right, but it doesn't seem right to promise something with the incentive of "sign up and get your friends to do you can get more spoilers" just to post spoilers for a day and then not even announce that it's over. I wouldn't have made an account or spent time on this forum if it wasn't for my expectation of spoilers.
And sure, they could post anything even a new butterfly as a spoiler, that's fine because it still means they were honest and posted something. And not being able to please everyone doesn't mean they shouldn't keep their word. What if they just canceled the update because "it would not please everyone"? That's silly.
Anyway, if the guy behind the binding of Isaac can post weekly spoilers for his projects, I think Cenx can post a few over the course of the weekend after promising it and using it to get people to sign up for the forums.

Last edited:

Oh... Yeah, I see what you're getting at. I just went through all 53 pages and didn't see anything else regarding new content. My (admittedly lacking) skills of finding equivocation/double meanings in phrases have also failed to find anything else in "all weekend". (aside from "a weak end of spoilers." Which isn't even slightly true.)

Maybe something went wrong or came up that rendered the rest of them unable to be posted? I doubt Re-logic, who regularly sell their games at criminally low prices and have excellent interaction with the community, would betray us in such a cruel fashion (maybe they posted the others to an external source?).

Even still, it's much better than other companies who don't even release gameplay footage until two weeks before the game comes out.

Last edited:
Oh... Yeah, I see what you're getting at. I just went through all 53 pages and didn't see anything else regarding new content. My (admittedly lacking) skills of finding equivocation/double meanings in phrases have also failed to find anything else in "all weekend". (aside from "a weak end of spoilers." Which isn't even slightly true.)

Maybe something went wrong or came up that rendered the rest of them unable to be posted? I doubt Re-logic, who regularly sell their games at criminally low prices and have excellent interaction with the community, would betray us in such a cruel fashion (maybe they posted the others to an external source?).

Even still, it's much better than other companies who don't even release gameplay footage until two weeks before the game comes out.
Yeah, I do hope it was a mistake or something. I've become a bit pessimistic because of some bad developers, so maybe I'm being a bit too negative. It's just pretty disappointing.

Could we get the additional spoilers added into the main post? Trouble sifting through all the posts to find them sometimes. Maybe that was only intended for the first post?
There aren't any additional spoilers. All of them are in the main post except for cenx confirming that they are working on PC achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom