Official A Lively World - Terraria 1.3 Spoilers & TCF Launch Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cenx confirmed there would be many new sets of wings in this update.
Yeah, I'm sure that they posted somewhere saying that this update was going to have a lot less RNG than 1.2.#. I can't find the exact post, but I do know that they said it.
More wings, really? can you give me a quote on that please? I would kinda want an alternative to the hoverboard (same functionality), because it's getting slightly old. I'd make the beetle wings do that if I could... favorite wings, but useless next to the board and the Fishron wings.

As for the RNG (at least for the mount), Cenx said that a couple (dozen?) pages back in this thread.

Reactions: Ali
However, it doesn't look like the mount successfully mined stone, as it did not drop when destroyed (from what I could see). The mount will be endgame (also, noted in the livestream) and will "be very op" this item could be obtained in the new lunar event, as one of the sweet drops from later in the event.

Cenx has said before that she wanted an accessory that could sort what you pick up. So maybe when you mine that something you don't want to pick up, it won't drop from the block so it'll minimize the potential for lag?

More wings, really? can you give me a quote on that please? I would kinda want an alternative to the hoverboard (same functionality), because it's getting slightly old. I'd make the beetle wings do that if I could... favorite wings, but useless next to the board and the Fishron wings.

As for the RNG (at least for the mount), Cenx said that a couple (dozen?) pages back in this thread.

You can put other wings in the vanity slot in front of your Hoverboard to make it have the same characteristics.
She said there would be more wings somewhere in Pedguins livestream.

From what I can tell, the concept art is of aliens. As Crowno revealed a while ago, there will be an alien invasion event.
The cultists appear to be worshiping Cthulhu. This could very well be a pre-hardmode event as in Pedguin's live stream, Cenx said that the player was wearing starter-clothing. To me, the player doesn't seem excited, but terrified and trying to escape from the cultists. The event also happens to be taking place at a dungeon. This could be a coincidence, or can only take place at a dungeon. Maybe, a whole new world generation would belong to this event with it an inactive version of the glowing emblem. Even more of a long shot, during the night cultist NPCs could spawn at the altar, and, in a similar fashion to the old man, ask you to summon the boss in some way.
The new mount, visually, appears to have a magnet on the top of it, the blue lasers appear to create sparkles that are being sucked into the mount, and the red lasers destroy blocks. However, it doesn't look like the mount successfully mined stone, as it did not drop when destroyed (from what I could see). The mount will be endgame (also, noted in the livestream) and will "be very op" this item could be obtained in the new lunar event, as one of the sweet drops from later in the event.

Personally, I would love to see kitten armor and Meowmur show up next. Hopefully, it will be adorable.

CONCLUSION: Cenx is awesome. Hands down.
Very thorough... I also watched the livestream and it is interesting that you bring up that the player maybe terrified of the cultist NPCs

Cenx has said before that she wanted an accessory that could sort what you pick up. So maybe when you mine that something you don't want to pick up, it won't drop from the block so it'll minimize the potential for lag?

Wouldn't that waste materials? would it?

That would be awesome if they add some robotic armor set and stuff like that cause in my imagination (that's my imagination) it would look well robotic obviously.
Maybe even a UFO!!!! lol UFO...... it should be IFO (identified flying object). Ha HA HAHAHA!!!!! if you want a UFO like this?
Aren't they adding the cyber biome? if so, then there will be a robotic looking armor.

Oooh! The mount might turn like some materials into energy to power something. So it would probably turn stone into an oil or some thing?

But its most likely that it could just be an accessory....

Terraria NPCs have always been helpful – and witty – but limited in what they could do. 1.3 brings a number of NPC animation changes that are intended to help bring them to life and make them feel more like an interactive part of your world. While we were at it, we decided to go ahead and give our crew of NPCs a visual "makeover".​
The utmost important question here is, can the party girl dance?

As a conflict to my theory about the cultists, they are more geared towards being enemies. And with Crowno's latest status, it seems they will hunt you down and bring you to the altar. Thus forcing you to fight either them or (BOSSNAME)... or maybe both. Attacking the cultists could very well be how the vanity set is obtained.
That is a pretty badass vanity set, though. I'm always the one to wear robes and such in Terraria, even if I don't use magic.

I hope its time for new spoilers soon, didnt cenx mention in pedguins stream that the ufo spoiler was supposed to be larger with more content? I hope we see something new soon!

I hope we'll be able to use the dresser to change the starter-clothing of our already created characters.
Unless by "starter clothing" she meant you actually spawn with vanity clothes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom