Official A Lively World - Terraria 1.3 Spoilers & TCF Launch Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this would be cool, i made a idea for new NPC GUI, its for equiping, items to NPC's and having them do commands, like *Follow*,*Mine*,*Fight*, and *Build*, Please add this into the game, it would be a good step to *Bringing Npc's to life* *Link to the pic's)

http://imgur.com/a/Uv8fs

NPCs shouldn't do anything more than they are currently doing.
And why not? I've found it kind of silly that a pirate army can kill me and my NPCs rather easily, but once you get the captain as an NPC he can't defend himself at all. I doubt it would be added, but I think it would be nice if the NPCs did a little more (ones with weapons fighting, the nurse healing other NPCs, etc.)

And why not? I've found it kind of silly that a pirate army can kill me and my NPCs rather easily, but once you get the captain as an NPC he can't defend himself at all. I doubt it would be added, but I think it would be nice if the NPCs did a little more (ones with weapons fighting, the nurse healing other NPCs, etc.)

NPCs were added (I think) partly to make the world feel less empty, and with that they allow you to make a community: you give them a home and protection, they offer you their services. If they were able to look after themselves, you wouldn't get such a feeling of community, they would just look like people trying to ride on your prosperity.

Psychological game design = best game design.

I fully disagree. I think I'd feel more community if they actually helped out instead of hijacking my buildings to sell me things. If they could at least take care of themselves and each other (with the abilities they have), they'd feel more like actual people. The fact that they just wander around, letting themselves and each other die makes them seem like nothing more than shops with faces. And I'd certainly like them more if I didn't cringe at every blood moon or invasion because I know half of them will wander outside and die.

Reactions: Ali
I fully disagree. I think I'd feel more community if they actually helped out instead of hijacking my buildings to sell me things. If they could at least take care of themselves and each other (with the abilities they have), they'd feel more like actual people. The fact that they just wander around, letting themselves and each other die makes them seem like nothing more than shops with faces. And I'd certainly like them more if I didn't cringe at every blood moon or invasion because I know half of them will wander outside and die.

I think you've quoted the wrong person. :happy:

Anyway, I guess this sort of depends on how you view the NPCs. I see a Terraria community as a sort of despotism to which the NPCs come because it's safe and there is nowhere else to go, and they want your rule and protection in trade for their services. If you'd see it as a an anarchy in which everyone performs their own task (think a communist Utopia), then it would indeed make sense that the NPCs were at least able to defend themselves.

Also, during a Blood Moon or invasion my NPCs always stay in their rooms... not sure why yours are walking around.

Reactions: Ali
*sigh* The devs have posted several times that they are not interested in a Cthulhu boss.

I know :)

I think that this would be cool, i made a idea for new NPC GUI, its for equiping, items to NPC's and having them do commands, like *Follow*,*Mine*,*Fight*, and *Build*, Please add this into the game, it would be a good step to *Bringing Npc's to life* *Link to the pic's)

http://imgur.com/a/Uv8fs

I wanted this added in the game before 1.2 :) sadly i didnt happend . mabye there is a chance for it in new 1.3 updata :) i love the idea :)

Last edited by a moderator:
NPCs shouldn't do anything more than they are currently doing.

mabye if there was a new type of NPC like ''mercenary'' that you have to hire him. there is an mod that you can create 2 more caracters and play whit all 3 at the same time. and you give them commands and level them up etc . :D

I have a Hyper Feeling about this

you are not the onley one my friend :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Please keep in mind that it is against the rules and culture of TCF to double post. If you want to reply to multiple people at once please utilize the +Quote feature right next to the reply button. If you want to respond to someone but no one else has posted since you're last post then please copy and paste the quote text into your previous comment through the Edit button on the bottom left of your post.
Please avoid one word or meme only posts as they do not help very much to develop the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom