PC A lot of weapons tested against Skeletron & More

AngryNimbus

Terrarian
"Skeletron is a pre-Hardmode boss. It must be defeated prior to entering the Dungeon, and defeating it grants unlimited access to all Dungeon areas for all players. It also causes the Clothier NPC to spawn, as long as a vacant house is available." – Official Terraria Wiki.

I tried to find out how well notable pre-Skeletron weapons perform against this boss. Queen Bee loot was included into the table below. I hope you will find useful information here.

To be short and precise, top 5 weapons:
1. Star Cannon : 32 seconds
2. 3 Vampire frogs + 1 Imp + Snapthorn (main) + Leather whip : 59 seconds
2. The Bee's Knees with Wooden arrows and Hive pack : 59 seconds (a tie)

4. 3 Imp + 1 Vampire Frog + Snapthorn (main) + Leather Whip : 1 minute 00 seconds
5. 3 Vampire Frogs + 1 Flinx + Snapthorn (main) + Leather Whip : 1 minute 02 seconds

Arena.gif

For yoyo users, you may use a block wall above to lure skulls into it.
Yrimir's video:

Potions set.gif

Melee loadout.gif
Ranged loadout.gif
Magic loadout.gif
Summoner loadout.gif

Bee weapons:
Bee magic.gif
Bee melee.gif
Bee ranged.gif

Space gun and yoyo loadouts:
Space gun.gif
Yoyo loadout.gif

Godmode is an ideal result. Player movement was the same as normal fight. Then godmode was turned off to see the impact of a not ideal skill (retreating, sligthtly more missed shots, more distance, etc). Godmode was never used with magic, due to infinite mana. (no mana potions -> no sickness -> more DPS). Summoner used a whipstacking technique, rapidly changing whips in order to use the effects of each.
Average of 3 tries, rounded (tried to be more precise). Timer started with the first hit.

Melee test.gif

Lucy.gif

Ranged test.gif

Ranged test 2.gif

Pew.gif

Magic test.gif

Summoner test.gif

Aby.gif
Sidearms:
Weather Pain is effective at hand killing with Space Gun, Diamond Staff and Grey Zapinator
Houndius Shootius may help against spinning head, it is recommended to summon it when hands are down. Unlike Ballistas it misses much more rarely.

Attachments

• Melee test.gif
    Melee test.gif
    32.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Pew.gif
    Pew.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Lucy.gif
    Lucy.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Lucy.gif
    Lucy.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I didn't see this until just now. Looks great! Crazy how in every one of these tests with different bosses, summoner has some of the best times.

Also I'm really surprised the Thunder zapper did so much better than the Amethyst staff. I've recently thought of it as bottom of the barrel.

I didn't see this until just now. Looks great! Crazy how in every one of these tests with different bosses, summoner has some of the best times.

Also I'm really surprised the Thunder zapper did so much better than the Amethyst staff. I've recently thought of it as bottom of the barrel.
Defense ignoring (Shark tooth and Stinger) greatly helps Thunder Zapper

I was surprised by Wand of Sparking...
Summoner used Obsidian armor and feral claws (makes whips autoswing), this combo is busted

If you have the time, it'd be fun to see how Lucy, Abigail and the Pew-Matic do against Skeletron. Also, if you're going to do more tests (it's okay if not!) I noticed vs King Slime, Eye of Cthulhu, and Queen Bee that the Crimson Rod by itself was one of the fastest magic weapons; it'd be fun to see if it does good against Skeletron.

Back
Top Bottom