Other A method for canceling events.

Pokepowerz

Terrarian
There have been far too many times where an event spawns that is out of my control, that I am in no way ready for, or straight up don't want to do. When an event happens that I can't/don't want to do, it makes the game really frustrating, and most of the time I don't even want to continue playing after the event. This issue mainly applies to the Martian Madness event for me, because It's stupid how easy it is to start by accident. One minute you might be running across a sky bridge or in a farm, and next thing you know there's a probe on your :red: and there's nothing you can do. You're forced to drop anything you're doing to waste time to finish the event. I also think there should be ways to cancel the Goblin Army, Slime Rain, Pirate Invasion, and maybe a Blood Moon and Solar Eclipse. The most realistic way I can see this being implemented is an item you can craft/that drops after defeating the event at least once; similar to how you can craft a Celestial Sigil after finishing the Lunar Event once to skip it if you want to fight Moon Lord again.

Agree, especially regarding martian madness. stuff like goblins aren't that bad (just leave all doors open otherwise they will dismantle them...) but, the martians are a huge pain, like, you're building something in the outer 1/3 of the map post-golem, and then... poof you have to stop that for like an hour, because a martian probe just spawned and got away. And saucers are a huge pain because it takes long to kill them, and a new one spawns right away...

Yeah, something like an item or something you get from the first completed invasion of a kind. that could work. although... an item means you would have to carry it around, and so if you don't, it still could be somewhat a pain... hmm... and if it would be a furniture, so you would have to go where you placed it... I wonder what would be the best way?

an item means you would have to carry it around, and so if you don't, it still could be somewhat a pain... hmm... and if it would be a furniture, so you would have to go where you placed it... I wonder what would be the best way?

I like the idea of it being furniture as well, as that means it can't be consumed. An Issue that might be a thing if it's an item is it being a consumable that you can only use once, which wouldn't really so much in the long run.

I like the idea of it being furniture as well, as that means it can't be consumed. An Issue that might be a thing if it's an item is it being a consumable that you can only use once, which wouldn't really so much in the long run.
Even if it is an item, it doesn't have to be consumable. it could have infinite uses, the problem is, would you carry it around all the time? Because if yes, it takes up an inventory slot (more, if each even has a different event-cancelling item), and if you don't have it around, you have to get it from where it is (although you can carry it in portable storages too, but even then, then it will take inventory slots from there. although it might be not a huge price for the abbility to cancel events when you don't want to deal with them.

Even if it is an item, it doesn't have to be consumable. it could have infinite uses, the problem is, would you carry it around all the time? Because if yes, it takes up an inventory slot (more, if each even has a different event-cancelling item), and if you don't have it around, you have to get it from where it is (although you can carry it in portable storages too, but even then, then it will take inventory slots from there. although it might be not a huge price for the abbility to cancel events when you don't want to deal with them.

Even if you had to carry it around I don't think it would be that big of a deal unless you barely empty your inventory, but Personally I empty my inventory every chance I get and only leave what I need.

Even if you had to carry it around I don't think it would be that big of a deal unless you barely empty your inventory, but Personally I empty my inventory every chance I get and only leave what I need.
Inventory management can be difficult. Even if you put all the stuff in chests you don't need (or sell them or throw them away). And if each events would have a different cancelling items...
Ah! How about they can be fused into some all-purpose event cancelling item though via tinkering? That way, one item would be enough, once player did all (vanilla) events in a world.

Back
Top Bottom