what do you think?

• useless

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • why not?

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

ZemmySix

Retinazer
The idea is that at a loom you would create a blank banner which uses the same amount of silk as the current coloured ones.You would then take your newly created blank banner to a dye vat where you could combine it with a dye.The result would be a banner the colour of the dye you used.

Simple

Reply what you think .I really just wanted to add a new use for dye vat as it doesn't currently have many.

I like your thinking! My friends and I always had a think for the green party, so this would be a lovely idea!

Having to use dyes on something other than vanity would be hard. Especially with hard to find dyes like Orange or others. I like the system they have with the solid-colored banners now.

Pretty simple, not necessarily a suggestion that needs elaborating on. It would be nice in-game, even though I can't see myself using it, not implying it will be implemented. As I said, very simple, the concept is neat.

But can't you just paint banners?

This.

If anything, it would be much easier to use paint on them. Crafting a white banner with a specific design on it that has very little saturation, while the rest of the banner is affected by paint the most, seems appropriate.

The reason for this is because some dyes are hard to come by. Lime, Orange, and any kind of Flame dye being prime examples. When you look at paint though, it is cheap, and pretty much, as versatile as dye.

However there are more dyes and you come by them as your doing stuff as well as them not having many uses.

However there are more dyes and you come by them as your doing stuff as well as them not having many uses.

I think you misunderstand Dye though.

Its main purpose in Terraria is so that you can change color of armor or vanity clothes to look different. And like I said, some dyes are not very common.

Paints purpose, on the other hand, is strictly to change the color of placed material. This ranges from Walls, furniture, and tiles. Banners are considered furniture, and it seems most appropriate to simply use paint on them.

I think you misunderstand Dye though.

Its main purpose in Terraria is so that you can change color of armor or vanity clothes to look different. And like I said, some dyes are not very common.

Paints purpose, on the other hand, is strictly to change the color of placed material. This ranges from Walls, furniture, and tiles. Banners are considered furniture, and it seems most appropriate to simply use paint on them.
The point of this was give more colours of banner as there are only green red orange and yellow

The point of this was give more colours of banner as there are only green red orange and yellow

That's why I suggested making white banners that you can paint a specific color, with the pixels creating the design being nearly unaffected by paint applied.

Think about it too. If I were to try and make a house with about 80 purple banners or so, I'd have to do a lot of Sea Snail farming! Or, I could get a white banner and paint them all purple. That's about 5 minutes of my time to paint all of them, as apposed to the 20+ hour grind for Purple Mucos

I
That's why I suggested making white banners that you can paint a specific color, with the pixels creating the design being nearly unaffected by paint applied.

Think about it too. If I were to try and make a house with about 80 purple banners or so, I'd have to do a lot of Sea Snail farming! Or, I could get a white banner and paint them all purple. That's about 5 minutes of my time to paint all of them, as apposed to the 20+ hour grind for Purple Mucos
I see I see but the blank banner is white so you could paint that or if you wanted a rainbow banner or something else rare you could gring the dye

I

I see I see but the blank banner is white so you could paint that or if you wanted a rainbow banner or something else rare you could gring the dye

*Taken from the Gamepedia*

To create a full set of this dye you will need 3 of each of the following materials; Teal Mushroom,Cyan Husk, Sky Blue Flower, Orange Bloodroot,Yellow Marigold, Lime Kelp, Purple Mucos,Violet Husk, Pink Prickly Pear.

That's 9 different kinds of material, all found in different parts of the world. I can't even get rainbow dye in one day of playing Terraria, as it would require beetle farming, Luck based farms by waiting for material to maybe show up, and mass spelunking to even get more than 3.

And then there's intense rainbow dye. Would you use it for a banner, or as a symbol of achievement?

Back
Top Bottom