Other A mod that would continue where Re-Logic left off.

Melon Lord

Terrarian
Someone posted an idea on these forums for a mod that would basically serve as a Terraria 1.5 kind of thing.

I am not stealing that idea, I have had it for a while and in that post basically everyone in the comments didn't really understand what was being suggested, so... I decided to give my take on it and clarify what exactly is being suggested here.

Basically, some of the Terraria community, us the fans, specifically those who have some knowledge on coding and modding would get together and create a mod that would pick up where Terraria left off. We would essentially continue the development of Terraria with a mod that feels like Re-Logic. It would add things that would fit the feel of the base game and a lot of the content in the mod would be adjusting different things that Re-Logic didn't handle the best. Pylons are great, but NPC happiness is a bit annoying what with how the game now forces you to build a certain way or you are penalized IN A SANDBOX GAME. The pre-boss armors are mostly skipped, most people just make cactus armor and they are all set. Certain biomes could really use some love, more use to Hell in Hardmode would be lovely, or how about more use to the Sky Islands. Certain parts of the game feel grindy or tedious, so how about tightening up those parts? It would be nice to have an optional way of getting the Rod of Discord that didn't involve being AFK for 5 days (i'm exaggerating but you get what I mean). And then there are just little things that would be nice to have, like a spawn item for the Slime Rain, or bigger trees grown from acorns.

**THIS is where the mod would come in. It would keep the feel of Vanilla and add these things in a way that other mods HAVE NOT done before.**

Other mods throw in tons of stuff that deviate from the feel of the base game. They make the game their own. There is nothing wrong with that, but this mod would aim to expand on the game in a way that feels like if Re-Logic had stayed in development for longer, they would have done the same or similar.

I am currently looking for people who would like to work on a project like this. I think that the community would really love a mod like this.

EDIT: To give you a good feel for what I am going for, think of the Quark mod from Minecraft. If you dont know what that is, go look up the Quark mod. It mostly adds little features that make a big difference and totally fit with Minecraft, and this mod would be similar to that, HOWEVER this mod wouldn't be afraid to go big if it needed to.

Last edited:
A mod with this many developers would probably be a very bad idea, since most of them would have different ideologies and skill levels, which wouldn't mix well together. If someone were to gather a smaller amount of talented spriters/programmers/musicans/etc. who are willing to help, then this supposed "Terraria 1.5" mod could probably be made and finished in a few years.

What would be the difference between this "1.5" and just a big content mod like Thorium?
Aside from changes to certain things in the game (such as sprites, balancing, and reworking), as well as content that would somehow "fit" Terraria more then content from other mods, not much.

A mod with this many developers would probably be a very bad idea, since most of them would have different ideologies and skill levels, which wouldn't mix well together. If someone were to gather a smaller amount of talented spriters/programmers/musicans/etc. who are willing to help, then this supposed "Terraria 1.5" mod could probably be made and finished in a few years.
I agree. This is why there would be only a few people directing the mod with ideas and such, and the rest of the team would be working on sprites, features, and tweaks.

What would be the difference between this "1.5" and just a big content mod like Thorium?
As stated before, other mods usually take the game and run with it in a direction unlike the vanilla feel. They add in tons and tons of features that dont feel like Re-Logic at all. This mod would try to keep with the feel of the base game as much as possible. No Post-Moonlord bosses. No Wall of Steel fight to unlock a harder hardmode.
More like AI improvements, quality of life features, optional bosses to help you progress in the game, features that flesh out classes that deserve more love (like Mage and Summoner), features that were going to be in the game but were scrapped for stupid reasons/hardware limitations/time restraints, features that deserve to be fleshed out more, ect ect ect. As stated previously, this mod would not feel like mods previous that try to flesh out or expand on the vanilla game. It would do its own thing and try to match Re-Logics stride as much as possible.

Hey, im just throwing this out there, if any of you have any spriter friends, or coder friends, or anything like that, or if you yourself know how to sprite or code, I would really appreciate your cooperation in this! Im really serious about this "1.5" idea and I want to see it through.

Back
Top Bottom