Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So, a friend of mine tried launching the game after this update rolled out and it has been giving him this error. He validated inegrity of game files and reinstalled the game and nothing works. I don't have this issue.

Screenshot of error:

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-13 201836.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-13 201836.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 1,121
This is not a message we've ever seen with Terraria before, it appears to be an out of memory error of some sort.

Have your friend restart their PC and try launching again; if you could, check what their PC specs are!

I have managed to fix this issue. I found the Terraria.exe ('Browse local files' on Steam), right-click -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> Tick the checkbox labelled 'Run this program as an administrator'. This fixed it for me.
This should allow you to launch the game through Steam without issues.

I have managed to fix this issue. I found the Terraria.exe ('Browse local files' on Steam), right-click -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> Tick the checkbox labelled 'Run this program as an administrator'. This fixed it for me.
This should allow you to launch the game through Steam without issues.
Well never mind, it is definitely a bit better with this fix but still temperamental. After poking around in Event Viewer, there is a recurring selection of events that get listed each and every time this occurs. I can provide more details on these if needed.

A quick search online using the event information indicates that there's a possible memory leak, or a recursive call makes the app run out of stack.

Terraria seems to launch more consistently when there is more available RAM, despite the fact I am using 16GB and it never goes above 6 when launching. Temporarily closing things like Chrome whilst launching may help.

My friend is Experiencing the same issues i have shared the Important ones to him i will get back to yall on what Helps the best

Back
Top Bottom