Weapons & Equip A new pre-hardmode and hard mode "mount"

Amtheminer

Terrarian
The pre-hardmode mount is named the Ridable Digscavator, and the hardmode variant is called the Miniature Drillscavator. The pre-hardmode version can either be crafted with 50 of any ingot, 20 wire, any metal chair, 5 glass, and 10 stone at a heavy workbench or can be bought rarely from a mechanic for 1 platinum. This small vehicle can create 3 high tunnels and mine ores with a 30% chance to double any ores mined with this mount. This mount can only work if your mount it and is told where and what to mine. To do this, when your mounted your camera will be controlled via wasd/movement joystick/movement touch controls and to select what to mine, hold right click and drag an area you want mined, release and it will do the rest for you. Note that the pre-hardmode version cant mine ores directly and it only mines ores if the ore vein itself is in the path of the tunnel and can only mine 3 high tunnels. It also cant mine upwards or diagonally as this would prove to be too difficult to code for something that can only move on ground and cant jump.
Now the hardmode variant is better in terms of maneuverability. Instead of tracks it has mechanical legs as locomotion but requires more tech to do so. This requires the pre-hardmode mount, 1 soul of sight, and 10 hollow bars at a mythral or orichalcom anvil to make the drillscavator chassis. 10 hollowed bars, 10 cogs, 1 soul of fright, and 10 wires to make the walker legs at the hardmode anvil types stated earlier. 5 hollowed bars, 5 iron or lead bars, 1 soul of might, 5 wire, 5 cogs and 1 diamond at the previously mentioned anvil types to make the reinforced diamond-tipped drill head. Now bring the chassis, the legs, and the drill to a tinkerers workshop to combine them all to get the Miniature Drillscavator. This mount upgrades the obsolete version to now work vertically, extend its drill head for manual control, and even work upside down and climb up walls. Note that the ridable digscavator is a 3x3 and the miniature drillscavator is 5x5 (the drill head itself goes outside this hitbox and is therefore not part of the mounts hitscan and collision box). The hardmode version is obviously obsolete to the drill containment unit as the dcu has better overall maneuverability and mining speed but both the dcu and the Miniature Drillscavator break the same blocks at the same speeds, only the dcu can do multiple at a time while the miniature drillscavator does one block at a time. Both have the same reach, but the M.D. has a chance to double any ores it manualy mines. The only thing that is sacrificed when converting the R.D. to the M.D. is its ability to automatically mine for you but will still automatically make tunnels high and big enough to let you fit inside. The M.D. is controlled the same way as other ridable mounts only it can only jump 2 tiles and cannot stand on platforms as the weight of this mount will physically break any platforms. It also cant stand on single blocks that are floating and not supported.
A list of blocks that will break when either stepped on, landed on, walked on or into include:
Doors, platforms, all thin ice, landing on 1 tile thick block lines or layers, glass, every type of furniture block that are solid, pots, standing on any workbench that can be stood on will break, placed bottles, banners, torches placed on the floor, spike blocks, trophy racks and boss trophies will just fall off as an item and drop any item they were holding, any block hit with a hammer reguardless of being supported or not, and blocks that are immune to walking or landing from this mount are blocks that are as strong or stronger than ebonstone.
Blocks that are immune to immediately breaking but crack and get damaged by walking or landing on them are ice blocks 2 tiles thick and any solid blocks weaker than ebonstone that are 5 tiles thick.
Blocks that are completely immune are blocks that can only be mined with the drax or pickaxe axe and blocks that can only be broken using the pwnhammer or stronger.

Sorry if this is hard to read and is too long and descriptive. I can change things if you would like and feel free to ask questions.

Notes: the M.D. is resistant to lava, but will be twice as slow and can no longer jump. The same can happen in water but the water must be 3 blocks deep for this to occur.
The M.D. at full speed on flat ground is the same as the default walk speed of a new character.
You are resistant to most damage except debuffs, explosives, you are immune to most bosses but your drill only does 1 dps to enemies with no defence and deals no knockback to any enemy. And any enemy and boss attacks that can pierce will hurt you. Stingers not shot from the queen bee will bounce off. Magic can still hurt you. Being covered in sand wont kill you but you'll be stuck.
You are not immune to the dungeon guardian. All of moon lords attacks deal full damage. spazmatisms second form can still kill you.
More notes and updates later. Feel free to ask questions.

Back
Top Bottom