A Noobs Guide to: Storage, Alchemy, and Exploration

Stardust Guardian

Official Terrarian
Welcome Peoples to my Beginners guide to the best(and most important) things in Terraria! This guide will be in 3 sections, each explaining in each section what you will do.

STORAGE:

Storage is one of the most important parts of the game, since there are over 3000+ items to get. Chests, piggy banks, safes, defenders forges, just to name a few, all of which are storage systems. A Good idea to sort out your storage is to put signs above each chest telling you what is(and what might) be inside. Example picture: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1614481956
It can easily help you sort your items. Like in the example, since the sign is there, I now know that chest is for potions only, and should only be used for having consumable potions in. It can just show how useful 1 little sign can be a big help.

ALCHEMY:

Alchemy is also another important part of the game, because it allows you to make potions. However, first, you need potion materials. Every potion needs a bottle of water crafted at a water lake or the ocean and a bottle. Then you need the proper materials to make the potions at, unsurprisingly, another bottle, or an alchemy station, with the alchemy station having a 33% chance to not use ingredients, But, you need to defeat skeletron to get in to the dungeon, so lets stick to the bottles for now. 1 Material is the Daybloom, most used for potions like the Shine potion. An Entire wiki entry can be found explaining almost every single plant in terraria, so check there for more details on the subject. The Entry also helps with finding the plants in the world, so check there if you need the places to go for the plants.

EXPLORATION:

Well, thats very simple. (and important). You need a grappling hook, some potions, hermes boots, and a cloud in a bottle. (you can also explore just with some wooden platforms and nothing else) the accessories just make it easier to travel. See, exploration is one of the first things you do in the game, and can lead you to some hilarious results (like a slime jumping through a 1 block gap and getting stuck in the wall, bouncing infinity until the wall stops). So yeah, everyone does it. Not a big explanation, but can also lead to treasure, ores, or even a new item you never seen before. Either way, always explore even if you dont have any accessories. Remember, wood platforms are OP, take advantage of that.

BONUS TIP(yayyy):
Just use the wiki for everything you need! Heck, youtubers do it all the time and they are pros. So always stop by the wiki @ https://terraria.wiki.gg/Terraria_Wiki to see crafting recipies, more guides, armor, everything you need. Its like a school cheat sheet, but the teacher wont be mad at you even if he/she knows you cheated.

If you want to see another guide just like this one such as a hardmode guide to fighting and bosses, glitches, and money making, let me know in the reply section down below.

PEACE!

If you would like to play terraria with me, add me on steam:

richteray OR misteray101

Last edited:
You don't necessarily have to place signs above the chests, you can rename them as well. If you open them there should be an option to the right of the chest inventory, unless I'm mistaken. I don't know if the same is true for mobile and console as well, though.

Edit: I just checked, according to the wiki you can rename chests on desktop and on console, but not on mobile.

You don't necessarily have to place signs above the chests, you can rename them as well. If you open them there should be an option to the right of the chest inventory, unless I'm mistaken. I don't know if the same is true for mobile and console as well, though.

Edit: I just checked, according to the wiki you can rename chests on desktop and on console, but not on mobile.

Well hey, the more you know :D

Back
Top Bottom