Kuushi

Terrarian
hi, i am kinda new to spriting
but i consider myself to be pretty good
and i only started doing it a few months ago
i mostly made this thread to get feedback and to improve

-------------------------------------------------

New%20Piskel%20(1).gif

here are some of my recent sprites (feedback appreciated).
2e0d6e50845a4b4.png
566730a777ce995.png
cf3f534a9db20a8.png

8e88e743ce5a264.png
1be0ebd0cf93517.png
34806e4b52a92b9.png
5f98fb3a2f28276.png
256aa3232be5843.png
54cd4bedbea6f3f.png

3a7525b85495fd3.png
d3e4ea4b99254ca.png
9269aea81ee55e1.png
c50dc7af85870d2.png
9c8480a81b5a4ac.png
98384f00e00e02c.png

9727b9788d52022.png
amber set showcase.png

a026f2b06197132.png

74a4b195ee984bb.png
1a12996093ec8db.png
5589d49f61710e7.png
afa67eaecf591b5.png
61f4bdc9d76875f.png
2dd980038406ae8.png
f6ff81119b2f60f.png
cfe06bfd0bba08a.png
fad25e84a6a1cbd.png

f4c375c76a24b5c.png

-need suggestions-

Last edited:
Those are amazing! Can I request some?

• A trident with the Solar color scheme
  • A staff with the Nebula color scheme
  • A disc with the Stardust color scheme
  • A pistol with the Vortex color scheme
In order of how I listed them, they are called the Solar Trident, the Nebula Recreator, the Stardust Shifter Disc, and the Vortex Pistol, just in case you would like a name for each of them.

Those are amazing! Can I request some?

• A trident with the Solar color scheme
  • A staff with the Nebula color scheme
  • A disc with the Stardust color scheme
  • A pistol with the Vortex color scheme
In order of how I listed them, they are called the Solar Trident, the Nebula Recreator, the Stardust Shifter Disc, and the Vortex Pistol, just in case you would like a name for each of them.
Ill work on that!
Thanks for the appreciation
You might want to change the solar one to a different weapon cuz of the daybreak, other then that great ideas

I think you are thinking of the solar eruption

Do you know how to sample colors from images though

The sprites in the forum post you’ve shown need a lot of work. The light blue set clearly has sprites which are just recolors of vanilla items, and those that don’t fall in that category are even worse. Fix your Palletes, they use way too many colors, lack contrast, and the difference between a shade and the outline is the same as the difference between it and another shade.
You used banding in some of the sprites, the shading is inconsistent - in some pieces you can clearly see that the lightsource is in several spot, the sprites look flat. The sprites you were commissioned to do could use a lot of work too, any criticism I’ve said about the pieces attached to the actual thread can be said about the commissioned sprites.

The sprites in the forum post you’ve shown need a lot of work. The light blue set clearly has sprites which are just recolors of vanilla items, and those that don’t fall in that category are even worse. Fix your Palletes, they use way too many colors, lack contrast, and the difference between a shade and the outline is the same as the difference between it and another shade.
You used banding in some of the sprites, the shading is inconsistent - in some pieces you can clearly see that the lightsource is in several spot, the sprites look flat. The sprites you were commissioned to do could use a lot of work too, any criticism I’ve said about the pieces attached to the actual thread can be said about the commissioned sprites.
I'd like to add on that one of the commissioned ones is incorrect.

Thanks for the advice

TidalSet.png

I think @KittyKitCatCat means something like this. I tried to improve your stuff a bit, but as you can tell the axe and the hammer are a bit difficult for me xD
If you notice, I increased the contrast between the colors, used colors that stand out more, and made the outlines much darker.
EDIT: I also changed the shape a bit on each of the sprites

@mutater i tried doing what you said i should, i think it turned out good
8e88e743ce5a264.png
1be0ebd0cf93517.png
34806e4b52a92b9.png
5f98fb3a2f28276.png
256aa3232be5843.png
54cd4bedbea6f3f.png

also can i use those for a mod if its okay

Last edited:
Yeah, it's okay if you use those in a mod. Also, yeah! That looks much better with the darker outlines and increased contrast. You might wanna go for more contrast in the sand parts of those weapons, though. Are those the vanilla palettes for copper and sand?

Yeah, it's okay if you use those in a mod. Also, yeah! That looks much better with the darker outlines and increased contrast. You might wanna go for more contrast in the sand parts of those weapons, though. Are those the vanilla palettes for copper and sand?
Original pallets, still don’t know how to sample colors. Also they are supposed to be bones

non-terraria style W.I.P
cabb0f02e111e12.png

which one's better
283fa4b8e7fd114.png
75cd97a2774e968.png

Last edited:
Personally, I prefer the curved blade design. It's more unique and honestly looks to be a bit better shaded than the straight one.

Me too, thanks!

Also, do you happen to have the items from the set you resprited in separate images

alt. armor and sword
4327fdb911680f9.png
2f7d4a50728e3aa.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom